PDA

View Full Version : 15Lbs in 30 Days!! Starting June First.. How Do I Do It?

mikey_p
06-01-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm looking at dropping 15lbs in 30 days between June 1st and June 30th. I've been working out at the gym every morning for the last 5 months with steady weight loss but have plateau'd.. Im thinking of cutting my calorie intake and hard on the water/booster juice to keep some energy. Also adding in cardio at night time with some joggin/running.. This last 15lbs is gonna kill me...

Unknown303
06-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Biggest change required will be diet. Burn more than you eat and your golden.

wintonyk
06-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Simple you don't. Without losing a significant amount of muscle and water, 15 lbs is impossible in a month. I would suggest put a focus on how you look and feel, the weight will come off.

Cutting calories and booster juice good luck. Your average booster juice is 400+ calories and mostly sugar.

My suggestion is to go the month without looking at the scale. Rather cut out all refined products and UP your exercise. It was only a couple hundred years ago our ancestors would burn 1200 to 1600 calories a day during normal routine, what we call exercise. You think you are that intense with your exercise? This means no sugars! Eat real food the whole way through. Your protein comes from meat, your carbs come from whole grains, fruit and vegetables and your fats come from nuts and seeds.

Good luck. Time constraints only set us up for failure. If you do some temporary diet, your a just going to gain those 15 back because you haven't changed the root of the problem. Would you just weed your lawn by grabbing the flower of a dandelion?

mikey_p
06-01-2010, 08:39 AM
My diet honestly is probably the biggest setback for me. Every day i have 2 coffee's, yogurt, possibly a breakfast sandwich from tim hortons.. lunch isn't the healthiest and usually a light supper. I know that my diet needs to be looked at but its hard to find good foods that fill me up.. At least i dont drink alcahol so i dont have to worry about the beer..

I understand 15lbs in 30 days will be tough and may be impossible but im also ok with 5-10 if thats what comes of it. I just want to trim some of this body weight and what i have been doing doesnt seem to work.

Unknown303
06-01-2010, 08:43 AM
I've found sugar is a huge one. When shopping you can't just cut out fat or look for low calorie foods because it seems to get one number down they bump up the other two.

I've switched over to eating tonnes of fresh fruit and vegetables, I'm buying meat only a day or two in advance, and everything is cooked fresh. Makes things a lot easier to gauge what your putting in your body and will help regulate your intake.

mikey_p
06-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Thanks.. i'll keep that in mind..

Maybe i'll try the 5 grams of fat or less stuff at subway and portion my sizes. I dont want to starve myself of all my taste or intake but it can be much better. Fruit and veggies would be an awesome start...

broken_legs
06-01-2010, 08:52 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/181332/7-14-day-crash-diet-recomendations/

Cos
06-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Sounds like you eat a lot of refined sugars and grain. Tim hortons sandwiches, Subway, etc.

Good place to start would be to do what unknown said, make your food at home with the healthiest ingredients you can make them out of.

Travel_Dude
06-01-2010, 09:07 AM
"lose 15 pounds in 30 days"

Dude you need to stop thinking this "biggest loser" mentality. Your focus should be on overall health, symmetry, body fat percentage, and strength.

Concentrate on high intensity cardio for short durations (15 min), drop another 500 calories a day, and stick with a solid compound excercise focused routine like 5x5's.

Good Luck!

spike98
06-01-2010, 09:37 AM
To burn that amount in 30 days you will have to have a deficit of 1800cal /day.

Do the math, count your cals.

If i consume 1500cal / day and my BMR is 2200 thats a deficit of 700 cal. I would have to make up the rest of the 1800cal with HARD cardio

Canadian 2.5RS
06-01-2010, 10:09 AM
I lost 15 lbs by having a heart attack. :dunno: I dont know if that is going to work for you but it worked for me. I had a heart attack last week and I am 15 lbs lighter. And dont let anyone tell you that you have to be fat or old to have a heart attack. Im a little pudgy and only 28.

try it out.

core_upt
06-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS
I lost 15 lbs by having a heart attack. :dunno: I dont know if that is going to work for you but it worked for me. I had a heart attack last week and I am 15 lbs lighter. And dont let anyone tell you that you have to be fat or old to have a heart attack. Im a little pudgy and only 28.

try it out.

holy fuck ! Are you ok? what happened? abnormality? hope you recover!

jaylo
06-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Sounds like you eat a lot of refined sugars and grain. Tim hortons sandwiches, Subway, etc.

Good place to start would be to do what unknown said, make your food at home with the healthiest ingredients you can make them out of.

THIS

Also, may I ask how much cardio do you do daily for the past 5 months of 'working out' everyday?

adidas
06-01-2010, 10:18 AM
You need to do a major calorie cut in order to get anywhere near 15 lbs in 30 days. Since you have never gone through something like this before, ur gonna fail pretty hard.

Set your bar a bit lower. Losing 5-8lbs in a month is more normal and would be achievable by ur current diet for the most part.

First find out ur calorie intake right now, then find out what your calorie intake should be in order to lose weight. Then sign up for a site that will let count up all of ur protein, carbs and calories.

mikey_p
06-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Every weekday i start in the gym @ 5:30am. Start with weights. Usually about 30mins of various excercises targeting muscles groups.

I do 3 sets of 15reps of each excersice and a total of 6 different excersises.

Then i move to 15mins of more stretching and 100-200 sit ups..

After that i go to te treadmill for 45mins of cardio. Usually is 5 mins quick walk warmup then jogging and running using intervals. Last month i switched to 1 min walk 3 min jog and 1 min quick run intervals through the 45 min whole workout.

IntegraG2
06-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Why dont you base your success on BMI decreasing instead of weight lost. You could lose a shit load of muscle and still look flabby.

I suggest getting a caliper and measuring tape and take measurements every week. If you see if decrease then be happy about it. The scale is only one indicator there are many others.

I have managed to do weight training and cardio for 7 weeks straight now and lost 15lbs pounds. However the 15lbs I lose wasnt important. What was is that I fit in pants I never used to fit in, getting stronger and my stamina improving. I used a measuring tape for progress. I only looked at my scale last week. If I wasnt taking protein I would I could have lost more Lbs but keeping muscle was also important to me.

Good luck on your healthy journey.

dirtsniffer
06-01-2010, 06:14 PM
ever try weight loss pills?

when i started losing weight, just excersize was good enough to lose 5 pounds a week.
as you know plateaus happen, so i just stuck to my regiment but added a fat burner (lipo-6) the weight then continued off at 5 pounds a week until i hit another plateau, so i switched to hydroxycut and again the weight came off.
I ended up losing 110 pounds in roughly 7 months.

just my 2 cents

FiveFreshFish
06-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Half a pound a day can be done initially, but not over 30 days.

dirtsniffer
06-01-2010, 06:25 PM
yes it can

dandia89
06-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
ever try weight loss pills?
ignore this. you shouldn't need anything unnatural for weight loss

dirtsniffer
06-01-2010, 11:16 PM
^^ what are your experiences with them?

cause i've kept my weight off for over 2 years now, and i never felt any adverse side affects

Jeremiah
06-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Try the Scarsdale Diet.

No refined foods, low amount of clean carbs only. But as everyone else said, setting timed goals makes it more difficult in the end

Power_Of_Rotary
06-02-2010, 07:34 AM
it takes me forever to put on weight...

and once i get sick, it takes a matter of days to lose pounds. Seriously. I think the fastest amount of weight i lost in 4 days was 4 pounds.

try getting a stomach flu or a fever, knocks weight off (for me atleast) in no time.

wintonyk
06-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary
it takes me forever to put on weight...

and once i get sick, it takes a matter of days to lose pounds. Seriously. I think the fastest amount of weight i lost in 4 days was 4 pounds.

try getting a stomach flu or a fever, knocks weight off (for me atleast) in no time.

One word: [B]Dehydration[B]

You are 50-75% water. Your weight can fluctuate a huge amount. I have lost 9 lbs in a week and gained 12 lbs in 12 hours.

bball2
06-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by mikey_p
I'm looking at dropping 15lbs in 30 days between June 1st and June 30th. I've been working out at the gym every morning for the last 5 months with steady weight loss but have plateau'd.. Im thinking of cutting my calorie intake and hard on the water/booster juice to keep some energy. Also adding in cardio at night time with some joggin/running.. This last 15lbs is gonna kill me...

To lose 15lbs in 30 days you will have to have a caloric deficit of 1750 calories each day. That's a pretty big number and unless you weigh over 350 lbs and your current caloric intake is over 4000 each day I'm not sure how healthy it would be to drop that much weight that quickly.

If you start eating healthier and exercise everyday you should be able to pretty easily lose 1-1.5lbs / week until you reach your goal.

dandia89
06-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
^^ what are your experiences with them?

cause i've kept my weight off for over 2 years now, and i never felt any adverse side affects
whats the point of cheating yourself, when you can do the exact same thing naturally. people are lazy, i can understand that. if you want something, don't punk out and choose the easy way out.

C4S
06-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Simple ..

Cut ice cream ... :D

I dropped ~ 15 lbs in April alone .. NO Ice cream, no chip ...

However, in May, I gained ~ 7lbs back ...

:(

2jzgte
06-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Alright time for my input.

Yes, this is already been said but your diet is the main goal here. I started the middle of april at 215-220, I dusted off my running shoes and started running. I changed to mostly an all protein diet consisting of chicken breast, tuna etc . I now weigh 204. No weight lifting either, I also loss alot of muscle mass around my shoulder and ass and afraid to say it, also Im weak as shit around the arm area but damn my legs are powerful haha.

WATER is also big here to and at least drink till your not thirsty.
Cut back on the sugar. NO POP not even DIET.

This is was all running 5km every second day and keep raising your distance by 10% every week.

MOTIVATION, If you keep on running it becomes sort of a muscle now. You just do it.

Now Im hitting the gym to gain back the muscle I loss.

Goal is to cut to 190-180 and raised muscle mass back to 200+

Good forums for fitness:
www.shapefit.com
www.bodybuilding.com

rony_espana
06-03-2010, 08:47 AM
I know a family member that lost more than that in a month....using master cleanse. Search on youtube, seems gross and unhealthy...but would probably work.

dirtsniffer
06-29-2010, 10:07 PM
how'd it go?