PDA

View Full Version : Training Input

Feruk
06-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey guys, so I've got a bit of a dilemma. I'm heading off to Europe in 3 weeks and want to use that time as best as I can to get into OK shape. Background: 25, 5'11, ~205lb, swimmer's body (broad shoulders), healthy diet except for overindulgence on alcohol on weekends and the occasional pizza. Got definite love handles. However, I used to work out back in Uni 4 times a week and used to be quite built, so maybe weight training would work quicker due to muscle memory?

I was hoping for recommendations as to how best budget my time to obtain the best results with only 3 weeks on the clock.

jdm_eg6
06-01-2010, 11:34 AM
run run run.... you will burn off those love handles in no time. Run in the mornings before you even have breakfast. Eat salads (spinach is best) and some lean meats like chicken or turkey. add in some weight training as well! do this 4-5 times per week and you should notice results pretty quickly

revelations
06-01-2010, 12:09 PM
vxkjjXpG2-A

5hift
06-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Diet will have a much bigger impact than exercise at this point although they will both help.

Chicken Breast and Broccoli for every meal with nothing to drink besides water or skim milk. It will suck but it will work.

Also I dont know why everyone keeps saying go crazy with the cardio. Darkane or some of the experts can correct me but I`m pretty sure an intense 30 min workout burns more calories than 30 mins on a treadmill or bike (not just during the workout, but throughout the rest of the day).

Darkane
06-01-2010, 02:10 PM
3 weeks isn't really a lot of time, but you can drop about 6lbs of fat and 5-8 pounds of water I reckon.

You have to cut all carbs. Lean meat and Broccoli is the key.

Only drink water, and Green tea. Keep all dairy out, no sugars, breads, starches, booze. Nothing.

FOr the first week in the AM do Interval training (Look it up online) 30sec on 30 sec off for 20 minutes.

The second and third week 60 minutes brisk walk right after waking up. Prior to all food.

If you're serious this will work. It's to much for most people who don't follow the lifestyle year round anyway.

But there it is. Train x4/wk using a split is fine. Chest/shoulders/Tri's, Back/Bi's, Legs, Recovery (Stretching, more cardio, complexes etc).

Just do it if you really want to use these 3 weeks.

Feruk
06-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Definitely not cutting coffee out, but thanks for the advice. Will incorporate into lazy lifestyle.

swak
06-01-2010, 09:56 PM
There are many conflicting studies on coffee, some say it can be beneficial, some say thats a load of bs.

Im an endurance athlete, and most studies in relation to my sport say coffee can be good... So thats a good enough excuse for me.

Coffee = win all over!

dandia89
06-01-2010, 10:03 PM
i drink coffee after a workout and i feel absoultely gold.