PDA

View Full Version : seafood sale @ work?

spikerS
06-02-2010, 10:59 AM
So i guess there is a seafood sale going through my work right now, and I am debating on buying some. Thing is I don't know a damn thing about seafood, but I know I love bacon wrapped scallops.

so, is 5lbs of scallops worth $70? or is that too high?

Scallops: sold in 5 pound bags, these are the finest, 20/30 count per pound of world famous Digby scallops.
My crew freeze them right on the ship for the best quality! They can be safely stored in your freezer for up
to 1 year with no adverse effects. Product of the Bay of Fundy, NB/NS.

GQBalla
06-02-2010, 11:02 AM
wow cheap prices for everything, 12 lobsters for 110 bucks?

usually a 5 pound bag cost like 50-60 bucks i think remembering from my high school days of working in sushi boat.

dj_rice
06-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Call Billingsgate and inquiry about how much scallops are to compare.

lilmira
06-02-2010, 12:26 PM
They are not bad. You can get them for around the same price sometimes. How big are the lobsters? They go for like 15-20 bucks a lb. I buy them when they are like 7 bucks a lb.
12 lobsters are quite a bit though. They don't live for too long so you have to eat them right away.

I don't see live scallops here too often. So they are frozen with or without the shell?

spikerS
06-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Detailed Product Information

LIVE Lobsters: Sold in dozen quantities ONLY. If you only want half a dozen, find someone to split a
dozen with. Save money and time by buying the CAPTAIN’S PARTY PACK, 36 lobsters in a sealed box.
Split them up when you get home and you don’t need a cooler for them! The lobsters are large canner size,
which are the best for eating, approximate size is around .80 -.90 of a pound each.

Recommended to cook them the day received. Although I cannot guarantee quality after the delivery day,
many people report no issues with cooking them the following day PROVIDING you do NOT disturb the
lobsters and keep them cool and damp as shipped. Ideally leave them in the box they are shipped in! Do
NOT put lobsters in fresh water (kills them)! Product of Cape Breton fisheries regions, NS.

Scallops: sold in 5 pound bags, these are the finest, 20/30 count per pound of world famous Digby scallops.
My crew freeze them right on the ship for the best quality! They can be safely stored in your freezer for up
to 1 year with no adverse effects. Product of the Bay of Fundy, NB/NS.

Mussels: live, sold in 5 pound mesh bags. These must be cooked same day and are extremely delicious!
Keep any cooked mussels for a few days in the fridge. Discard any that don’t open after cooked. NS
aquaculture product.

NEW!: Frozen solid tins (11.3 oz) of cooked lobster meat from the claws and knuckles (part that the claw is
attached to the body). Ideal for salads or lobster rolls, simply thaw in sealed can in cold water and serve!

Shrimp: Sorry, the plant is being rebuilt and there’s no room for shrimp this time of year.

lilmira
06-02-2010, 12:43 PM
<1lb lobsters are puny, the meat would be bite size. I prefer 2-3lbs. I bought a 10lb big boy one time, what a bitch to crack the claw, I thought I was gonna make a hole on my floor.

gatorade
06-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Those prices are not a deal at all, you can get the same canner lobsters for 6.99 at superstore 6.99x 12= 83.88...

The tins of lobster meat are somewhere around 15-20 dollars at ss as well but I'm not sure if its the same size or larger, the prices of mussels at ss are at 4.98 lb x 5 = 24.9 which is also cheaper as well.

TomcoPDR
06-04-2010, 05:02 PM
:drool: lobster sub :drool:

spikerS
06-07-2010, 09:30 AM
well, i really don't care much for anything else on there, just the scallops. I think I am just going to buy a bag and see what happens.