PDA

View Full Version : Passenger and Driver Tint

wrcftw
06-02-2010, 03:31 PM
P O L L!

scat330
06-02-2010, 03:48 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/nintendo.joystiq.com/media/2007/12/lolcat_wtf_u_doin_lg.jpg

Everyone is legal on beyond. Thx.

wrcftw
06-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by scat330
http://www.blogcdn.com/nintendo.joystiq.com/media/2007/12/lolcat_wtf_u_doin_lg.jpg

Everyone is legal on beyond. Thx.

:rofl: :clap:

wintonyk
06-02-2010, 05:11 PM
i made a post a little while back about taking my tint off after getting 2 tickets in one week for my tint. Changed my mind and decided 3rd time will convince me

94boosted
06-02-2010, 09:56 PM
I have quite a few buddies with tint on the fronts who have had it for a few years and they average about 1 ticket per year. Kind of sucks but you gota pay to play.

I wish they allowed a light tint.

Tik-Tok
06-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted

I wish they allowed a light tint.

Well, it's for your own damned safety, as the safety glass doesn't work in the manner it was built with plastic covering it... even though it's perfectly legal to have clear plastic frost shields

03ozwhip
06-03-2010, 08:27 AM
meh, ive always had tint on my fronts. it looks dumb without IMO. however, i got my new car tinted yesterday and went with a medium instead of dark on the fronts, but on a grey car its still kinda dark.

ive gotten one ticket in 12 years for tint, every vehicle ive had has had dark or limo on the front except for this one. if i get pulled over and they want me to rip it off, fine i will but i used to be a tinter so guess what, ill put em back on later. hate on me if you will because tint is illegal! oooo000:drama:

wrcftw
06-03-2010, 10:17 AM
The reason i posted this poll is because i got a tint ticket the other day....does the fine increase if you get another one? the ticket is only 57 bucks and its not worth it to me to spend the time/pay someone to remove it and remove the glue and shit.

spike98
06-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Well, it's for your own damned safety, as the safety glass doesn't work in the manner it was built with plastic covering it... even though it's perfectly legal to have clear plastic frost shields

You only have safety glass on the front windshield. Adding tint to the side (tempered) glass will only make the glass MORE like the safety glass.

Some reasons i have heard (that actually make sense) are the reduced visability for night driving and the reduced visablitiy for an approching officer.

Some people argue that it would also be a hinderance to remove the glass in an emergancy situation. I cant see this myself as the window still shatters and loses its integrity still, its just held together with a film.

That all being said, i have tint on 5 of my six windows. All 20% and never got a ticket.

Tarrantula
06-03-2010, 10:35 AM
I had full limo on my 300z, got pulled over at LEAST 9 times and never got a ticket for the tint.

Xtrema
06-03-2010, 10:50 AM
CPS is reading this thread and just give them idea overcoming the fine shortage problem.

They will show up next Beyond meet and give everyone tickets.

Mark my word.

colinxx235
06-03-2010, 10:50 AM

Do you actually have any proof about tint being unsafe or just the typical blowing smoke out your ass bullshit response

wintonyk
06-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by wrcftw
The reason i posted this poll is because i got a tint ticket the other day....does the fine increase if you get another one? the ticket is only 57 bucks and its not worth it to me to spend the time/pay someone to remove it and remove the glue and shit.

Because it is equipment they can hand you the same $57 ticket every time they see you. Its not like it goes on your driving record.

colinxx235
06-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by wintonyk

Because it is equipment they can hand you the same $57 ticket every time they see you. Its not like it goes on your driving record.

The fine is 115...

wrcftw
06-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235

The fine is 115...

It's either $57 or $115, i'm not sure what the criteria is for each...but I received a $57 one and had very light tint, maybe it depends on the % :dunno:

Tik-Tok
06-03-2010, 01:21 PM

Do you actually have any proof about tint being unsafe or just the typical blowing smoke out your ass bullshit response

:facepalm: Do you not know how to read sarcasm? Or know what irony is? You're the reason someone marketed that retarded "sarc mark" a few months back.

Here, let me edit my post for you...

"Well, it's for your own damned safety, as the safety glass doesn't work in the manner it was built with plastic covering it... even though it's perfectly legal to have clear plastic frost shields؟http://www.fwi.co.uk/blogs/lincolnshire-farming-blog/sarc%20mark.jpg"

colinxx235
06-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Typical dipshit beyond response. Your post had zero indication of sarcasm, but just use it as a pathetic copout for your uneducated ass.

:thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
06-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Typical douchebag beyond response. You have no comprehension of sarcasm, but use name calling to copout of an intelligent post
:rolleyes:

colinxx235
06-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Typical douchebag beyond response. You have no comprehension of sarcasm, but use name calling to copout of an intelligent post

A much better example of irony, thank you.

:clap:

Tarrantula
06-03-2010, 02:11 PM

Agreed. Your post was VERY easy to detect the sarcasm in it.

:facepalm:

(Coles Note: I am being serious, not sarcastic - wrote that for you Colin, just to clarify it for you)

skandalouz_08
06-03-2010, 02:14 PM
I've had tint on my windows for the past 3 years and haven't gotten a ticket or questioned about it when pulled over. I'll take the risk because I like how it looks.

colinxx235
06-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula

Agreed. Your post was VERY easy to detect the sarcasm in it.

:facepalm:

(Coles Note: I am being serious, not sarcastic - wrote that for you Colin, just to clarify it for you)

Sweet, will you be my friend too!?!?

Tarrantula
06-03-2010, 02:23 PM

Sweet, will you be my friend too!?!?

Yeah... about that....

No.

colinxx235
06-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula

Yeah... about that....

No.

Awwwwwww, but I wanted a raspberrrrryyyyy

:(

Tik-Tok
06-03-2010, 03:43 PM

A much better example of irony, thank you.

I was wondering if you'd actually pick up on that.