PDA

View Full Version : skin tags

futurecivic
06-02-2010, 11:06 PM
has anyone here tried the dr scholls skin tag remover with any luck? i have tried it twice on 2 different skin tags and nothing i used it as directed. the closest it has come to work is a little scab on one of the tags

1-Bar
06-02-2010, 11:32 PM
haven't tried personally, but my cousin has...didn't work for her either and was really painful.

spikerS
06-03-2010, 06:36 AM
ice it, put some rubbing alcohol on it, and clip it off. throw a band aid on for a few days and you are golden.

Kritafo
06-03-2010, 06:58 AM
that skin tag remover is crap. you can just clip them off, they bleed like crazy but it's not painful. Or you can tie them off and let them fall off in a few days.

If you clip them just sterilize whatever your using.

You can have them done at the dermatologist as well, but it cost $$, and they always come back anyway.

Aleks
06-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by futurecivic
has anyone here tried the dr scholls skin tag remover with any luck? i have tried it twice on 2 different skin tags and nothing i used it as directed. the closest it has come to work is a little scab on one of the tags

It worked for me. And yeah it burns a bit when you freeze it.

Lex350
06-03-2010, 08:49 AM
where did you find the stuff? I looked at a couple of drug stores and couldn't find it.

Kritafo
06-03-2010, 08:53 AM
It's normally wherever the Dr Scholl's stuff is, along with the wart remover and callus remover stuff around the first aid items.

LLLimit
06-03-2010, 09:40 AM
My dermatologist said he was going to freeze my mole when removing.
When it finally happened, he only swabbed it with alcohol, and carved it out with a scalpel or a small knife. I had my eye closed since it was right under my eyebrow. :cry:

gts_gurl
06-03-2010, 09:46 AM
It's super easy to remove them on your own...

Use tweezers to pull the skin tag out a bit away from your skin/body, then use scizzors with a pointy, sharp edge, and clip... Once it's off, place a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol on the clip site and you're good to go.

None of the ones I've clipped off have ever bled, and I have yet to see any of them growing back after 2 years....

This way is cheaper, more effecient and less painful than the kits that burn/freeze them.

Good Luck!

Jeremiah
06-03-2010, 11:35 AM
UGHHH just reading some of this shit about cutting them off is making me cringe, I have a couple that I would like to dispose of and wondered if that Dr.Scholls shit would work, I used their wart remover before and it didn't work whatsoever, so I'm weary...

Kloubek
06-03-2010, 11:38 AM
As a teen, I was a little uncomfortable about doctors looking down "there". I had a mole about 3 inches above my dick, so I decided one night to just carve it out. Ice and whiskey were my friends that night. It never came back.

But man, did that sucker bleed! :)

masoncgy
06-03-2010, 11:51 AM
I had one removed at a beauty shop near Northland Mall, by a family friend... but it was still a pricey ordeal...

...thought about clipping it off myself... now that I see it's possible to do just so without much issue, I'll probably do a self-surgery next time! ;)

spikerS
06-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
UGHHH just reading some of this shit about cutting them off is making me cringe, I have a couple that I would like to dispose of and wondered if that Dr.Scholls shit would work, I used their wart remover before and it didn't work whatsoever, so I'm weary...

There are no nerve endings in the skin tag itself, so there is not much for pain, and it is a solid piece of skin so very little bleeding as well. for the 2 I had, I just iced em for about 5 mins, then took a pair of nail cutters to em with rubbing alcohol.

FiveFreshFish
06-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by gts_gurl
None of the ones I've clipped off have ever bled, and I have yet to see any of them growing back after 2 years....

You've had a lot of skin tags. :dunno:

Meback
06-03-2010, 05:44 PM
brb circumsizing myself

gts_gurl
06-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

You've had a lot of skin tags. :dunno:

Kinda... I had like 7.. gross I know, but they're gone :D

HHURICANE1
06-03-2010, 06:41 PM
The ones I've had bled like a son-of-a-bitch and hurt like a bugger when cut off. The best way is with an electric cautery, but most of us don't have one in our bathroom cabinet. If you read the label on those Dr. Scholls kits all it is propane and butane. You could probably use one of those air dusters for $9 instead of $25 or more , or just a pressurized can of butane for $5.

top_speed
06-03-2010, 09:08 PM
The best way to get rid of them is to take a piece of your hair(the longer the better) and make a knot around the tag and let it sit there. eventually it will
Just fall off.no pain whatsover, I have tried it and works fine.

drew_goring
06-06-2010, 11:15 AM
If you can't go through with cutting, just tie a piece of thread around the base as tight as you can. A few days to a week later it will shrivel up and fall off.

HondaKid
06-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Never had 'em.

See a doctor, infection and scarring being only two of the many reasons. Oh yeah and it is frickin' free in Canada. Drop into a clinic. Really? Pull and fill a tooth while you are playing doctor, why not? Your body is not your car, not just any idiot can work on it.

HondaKid
06-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
As a teen, I was a little uncomfortable about doctors looking down "there". I had a mole about 3 inches above my dick, so I decided one night to just carve it out. Ice and whiskey were my friends that night. It never came back.

But man, did that sucker bleed! :)

So TMO.

Kritafo
06-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I had mine done at the dermatologist and it cost me $55.00

RecoilS14
06-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Ice and a pair of nail clippers. Suck it up Nancy.

HondaKid
06-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by RecoilS14
Ice and a pair of nail clippers. Suck it up Nancy.

Line of coke might help as well.

bignerd
06-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I read that they were caused by an excess of testosterone?