PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for insurance!

Zero102
12-13-2003, 04:48 PM
My insurance company just stuck it to me. I am wondering if anybody knows of a company that is cheap for young drivers. I am 19, with 4 NOT-AT-FAULT accidents, and no tickets. I have been rear-ended a few times, it's not my fault, I was sitting still every time. My insurance co just jacked my rates up to 6 grand a year, there is no way in hell I can pay this. They are forcing me to take collision coverage. Does anybody know a cheap insurance company for young guys that have bad luck?

max_boost
12-13-2003, 04:56 PM
What were your rates prior to the increase?

Stratus_Power
12-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
My insurance company just stuck it to me. I am wondering if anybody knows of a company that is cheap for young drivers. I am 19, with 4 NOT-AT-FAULT accidents, and no tickets. I have been rear-ended a few times, it's not my fault, I was sitting still every time. My insurance co just jacked my rates up to 6 grand a year, there is no way in hell I can pay this. They are forcing me to take collision coverage. Does anybody know a cheap insurance company for young guys that have bad luck?

they dont give e crap if the accidents are at fault or not.. my sis got 6 accidents and only 1 at fault, no tickets, and they still kicked her ( well the whole family cuz she was under parents name) out.. and we had to go into facility, paying over 10k/year for 2 cars.. and that doesnt even include me, i dont have a car yet.. i got quoted $9600/year for a car under my name in facility ( i have 3 years driving experience under occasional drive w/ No accidents or tickets)

:bullshit:

sxtasy
12-13-2003, 05:56 PM
I'm With TD Insurance. I'm 21 with no accidents and a couple of tickets. I pay $120 a month for insurance on my truck and parking insurance on my car. Pretty decent prices compared to some of my friends.

Zero102
12-13-2003, 11:20 PM
Yeah, when I turned 16 I was paying 2283 a year, and I thought I was getting ripped off. However I got side swiped twice (stopped both times), and rear ended twice, and now my company says I must take collision or they will drop me. Taking me from $3800 (last renewal) to $5900! There is no way I can pay that. I am planning on selling the car to my GF and getting it insured in her name, it's my only choice, will take it down to $3500. That's what I get for driving a freakin porsche =(
My best new quote is from ING, they quoted me $4700 a year, for 1 million PLPD and fire theft valdalism with a $250 deductible. Is there some other company out there that I don't know about? I am a good driver, I just drive in the crappy parts of the city, and have bad luck.

Talies R
12-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Try TD Melloche Monex

illeagle
12-13-2003, 11:45 PM
I've shopped around and Dyke insurance, (yellow pages) was at least 90-100 dollars cheaper than the rest. I've been in 3 at fault accident's and i have 3 major tickets....

Call around.. alot of insurance companies will tell you to wait till the government changes the rules March-may?

Speed_Dreams
12-13-2003, 11:47 PM
I heard an add for BLue Circle insurance on Cjay the other day. I submited some info to get an E-quote from them. Hoping it will be better then the $6300 i pay now.

Zero102
12-14-2003, 02:12 AM
Jeez, I heard that ad too, but I go to the website I thought I heard, and it is wrong. What is their website? I am really interested. (Blue circle that is)
Dyke insurance.. I will call them monday, I have not heard of them.
I would really love to wait until March-May, however my policy expires on January 2nd, I don't have much choice. If I sell the car to my GF, and let her insure it, I will have a gap in my coverage, I am thinking of putting comprehensive coverage on my subaru, which sits in a back yard, to try to beat this insurance gap, but I don't know if it will work. Do you guys know, for a male with 3 years driving experience, what a 6 month gap in insurance will do? I don't want to mess up my insurance future here.
I tried TD, they won't take anybody new under 25, I tried AMA and such, and they quoted me ridiculous (sp?) numbers, at around 10 grand a year. Most places either turn me down, or quote me at about 7-8k/year. I am running out of options, and it is starting to look really good to me, to just save my money and tell my insurance company exactly where to stick it.

F.Y.I. I am with Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company, and they are jack-asses. That may be slander, however I believe it is accurate. I never thought my own insurance company would fight me when I got rear-ended, they are requesting IME's and tons of stuff when I haven't even submitted a medical bill yet!

Wakalimasu
12-14-2003, 04:09 AM
Give me a call on Monday or Tuesday morning. I'm an insurance broker. I got access to a new company that is a bit cheaper than Facility right now. I got a short day on Monday but I'll be at the office all day on Tuesday. Ask for Chi. I work for Silvercrest Insurance. 201-1232.