PDA

View Full Version : Which wide band to go with :s

180drft
06-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Hey guys, im looking to purchase a wide band for my sr20det 180sx. Im debating on two from frsport, The AEM UEGO for $259 or the Innovate for $209.

Just wondering if anyone would suggest something else or has had any bad experiences with these two. Or if I can get them in canada at a decent price so i won't have to pay duty and all that jazz. Thanks guys, let me know.

93VR6
06-03-2010, 10:51 PM
the innovate, im assuming lc-1 is a great choice as is the aem uego, I saw a test a while back and those two were the top choices, I don't think that innovate price includes a gauge though does it?

blackpeople
06-07-2010, 04:45 PM
afx all the way
http://www.aptuning.net/NGK_AFX_Wideband_p/ngk%20afx%20wideband.htm

Redlyne_jr
06-08-2010, 06:09 PM
-Innovate requires you calibrate it
-AEM is self calibrating and plug and play wire it in and its ready to roll :thumbsup:

sr20s14zenki
06-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_jr
-Innovate requires you calibrate it
-AEM is self calibrating and plug and play wire it in and its ready to roll :thumbsup:

That and innovate sucks (=

ive noticed innovates being consistently .5-1 point off on AFR in comparison to the dyno.

i LOVE my uego.

if you are looking to datalog, zeitronix all the way.

Toma
06-08-2010, 06:29 PM
AEM.

Which I have in stock, about LC1 price ;)

The only thing that in my opinion compares is the Motec PLM, but it is $1300.

If you need logging, there are not many good options, I did also buy a LM2 cause I know its limitations and can work around them.... but where else can you get Dual O2 Channels, 32 channels of external logging, plus OBD2 logging, and it can log to an SD car for what? $600?

sr20s14zenki
06-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Toma
AEM.

Which I have in stock, about LC1 price ;)

The only thing that in my opinion compares is the Motec PLM, but it is $1300.

If you need logging, there are not many good options, I did also buy a LM2 cause I know its limitations and can work around them.... but where else can you get Dual O2 Channels, 32 channels of external logging, plus OBD2 logging, and it can log to an SD car for what? $600?

yep, the only thing i can say about the zeitronix in comparison to the lm2, is that its good for a guy who just wants to monitor a few channels and get a great and accurate wideband while they are at it. The zeitronix has decent software for logging, and can log TPS position, rpm, boost, afr, etc.....

pretty decent little setup, and i know its around 350-400$, bit cheaper than the lm2 if you dont need all of those awesome features the lm2 has (=

epp01
06-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Have to agree with the black guy I have the NGK AFX and it's sweet, best one I've seen.

sr20s14zenki
06-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by epp01
Have to agree with the black guy I have the NGK AFX and it's sweet, best one I've seen.

omg that thing is ugly. and it doesnt do anything but show afr, it has a 5 volt output....i dont see any logging software or any inputs FOR logging........ the uego doesnt have logging either, but atleast it fits in a 52mm guage hole, and looks decent

no offense or anything, just personal opinion.

Toma
06-09-2010, 03:32 AM
The AFX has a good rep, but I have now tested two units, and they both exhibited the same "drift" that the innovate units are now famous for....

Ie, as you go richer, they get further and further out.