PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Insurance Question

mikeythe613
06-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Hi I have a question about Ontario auto insurance, I recently applied for auto insurance and when they asked me about my past accidents I said I wasnt sure about the date(s). They told me they needed the date(s) in order to give me a quote and if I called my last insurance company they would have my accident information. I called that insurance company (I was under someones name but was the primary driver) and they said I had one accident in 2007 and no more. But I have had more then that so if I dont tell the other company will they find out? I heard the insurance companies were linked together and shared their information and according to my old one ive only had one accident.

any thoughts?

Kloubek
06-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Firstly, asking question about how things work in Ontario while you're on a Calgary message forum isn't the best choice.

But from the sounds of it, I would try only mentioning the one. If they find out, the worst they can do is up your rate - then you go elsewhere.

mikeythe613
06-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks! do you know if thats how they find your accident history? through the other company?