PDA

View Full Version : RHD FD Owners... Steering hub adapter?

Toma
06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
I want to put a Smaller Grant wheel on my FD, Grant does not list any past 1990 for the RX7...

Is it the same? I assume maybe cause the newer north american FD's had Air Bags??

ercchry
06-04-2010, 02:03 PM
i thiiink that grant uses a different pattern/size from momo and the like... so if you do not want a steering wheel manufactured in japan or italy... you would have to get something custom made i think, gretz could probably fab up an adapter for you

Toma
06-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
i thiiink that grant uses a different pattern/size from momo and the like... so if you do not want a steering wheel manufactured in japan or italy... you would have to get something custom made i think, gretz could probably fab up an adapter for you

IS the Hub adapter for the FD's different from the FC for something like the momo?

ercchry
06-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Toma

IS the Hub adapter for the FD's different from the FC for something like the momo?

pretty sure, i know the fc one is super small, if you give speedtech call or something they should be able to tell you if there is different part numbers between the fc and fd hubs

i would think that the fc one would bolt up fine enough, but your turn signal delete tab things and the distance from the lever would probably not be the same between the two

ercchry
06-04-2010, 02:27 PM
not the same, no

Ok... so everywhere I look, it says that for the FD, you need part #5705 which is what I have right now but it does not look like it fits right unless I'm doing something wrong. Previously, the shop I ordered from gave me Part #5702 which I read is for the FC and it did not fit but it fit better than this one. There is a pretty significant gap between the adapter and the hub.

Any insight?

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=664011

so for a grant, grab a nrg or momo hub or whatever, see if wheel bolts on, if not send it off to beyond member gretz for an adapter plate

EDIT: reading more... i now do not know.. haha just read something about a fc hub working, then something about it being different... i dunno, i think my original train of thought is correct