PDA

View Full Version : car broken into again

pughster
12-13-2003, 09:28 PM
i really hate people sometimes. Just got back to calgary from this semester in edmonton to find someone broke into my moms garage and jacked all my stereo shit. A custom box made by alpine for a demo vehicle with a 12" DDDrive, valued over 2500. Dammit this was gonna look sweet in my crx once it was wrapped with leather and molded in. They also got my brand new deck and amp. And not to mention I've never even gotten to drive with the stuff in cause I'm in the middle of an engine swap and my car was broke into this summer. The total for the year is over 10G stolen now between the two break ins. If only I had a chance of finding the bastards. If anyone hears of an Alpine box with mirrors and plexiglass cover let me know, there won't be many that look like it. Also is their a chance of claiming this under her house insurance, AMA only wrote off my car last time and gave me 1700. I don't think they'd believe me if I tried claiming it again. Great way to start off the holidays!!

legereandrew4
12-13-2003, 09:31 PM
why was it in your garage any way? or was it in teh car already? cause if not, dont leave it in your garage man.... but thats uskcs

fast_cars
12-13-2003, 09:33 PM
damn!!
these fukin thieves!!!
if i could i would kill them all!:guns: :guns:
sorry to hear about that bro!!
let the cops know and stuff and hopefully they might be able to find it!!

Weapon_R
12-13-2003, 09:34 PM
That's terrible man! It looked like you had an amazing project there...

pughster
12-13-2003, 09:34 PM
no the stuff was in my car, the car is parked here cause i'm in the middle of a swap or else i would have it with me.

pughster
12-13-2003, 09:37 PM
ya it really sucks. did you guys see the stuff, cause my mom said the garage was broken into the weekend before you came? Just trying to get some sort of timeline

vtec
12-13-2003, 09:50 PM
damn...seemed like they already knew what was in there and prob had this planned..

pughster
12-13-2003, 09:58 PM
ya you'd think so but my mom just moved here and noone knows that it's there. Some punk kids struck gold, and have no idea of the value.

JAYMEZ
12-14-2003, 01:30 AM
well thats good its in your garage , now you can report it as a robbery , the insurance will pay you back if you tell them what you lost , and have receipts for them or proof of purchase

ryder_23
12-14-2003, 02:01 AM
Seems kind of funny, they broke into garage, and just stole your stereo equipment??? If your garage is connected to your house, wouldnt they have taken more stuff. Seems like they knew that i was in there or something. Just seems funny to me.

Good luck with everything. I take it you called the police already ?!?!?

sandman
12-14-2003, 02:25 AM
B n Es are always inside jobs, the ppl know that u got something, or esle y riosk all that and find out all u can take is a monkey wrench

FiveFreshFish
12-14-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by pughster
Also is their a chance of claiming this under her house insurance

If the equipment wasn't installed in your car, then it will be covered under home insurance.

ZMan2k2
12-14-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by sandman
B n Es are always inside jobs, the ppl know that u got something, or esle y riosk all that and find out all u can take is a monkey wrench

Nah, not always. When I was younger, there was a kid that broke into my parents house, they got him later thanks to fingerprints, but he didn't know anyone in the house, just a kid that struck gold. All my family lost was a couple cameras and a VCR, and I lost a stereo, TV, VCR, computer, CD's, snowboard, and so on. I think that it mostly depends on when someone is or isn't home, and just how quiet the neighbourhood is. If you got a nice looking home on the outside, chances are you got some nice stuff on the inside.

Either way though, DEATH TO ALL THEIVES!!!:guns: :guns:

pughster
12-14-2003, 12:19 PM
the garage is detached from the house. We're going to the cops tonight. I really doubt it was an "inside job" considering i don't know a single person here as I don't live here and my mom just moved here in october. Someone might have seen the car parked there one day if the garage door was up but other than that it was someones lucky day. My front bodykit was sitting on a shelf but they left that. I'm hoping it can all be covered by her house insurance because this already happened to me this summer and AMA were a bunch of assholes to deal with. Even if there is no damage to the car and the stereo is worth more than the book value they write it off. I'd like them to find me a sweet crx for $1700. The thing that really sucks is that I was coming here to work on it. I was gonna bolt it all down to the car and then wrap it all in leather. After this i don't even think i'm gonna get another stereo, my best friends dad owns a place and I get cost, but it just doesn't seem worth it to go through this shit.

ryder_23
12-14-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2

Nah, not always. When I was younger, there was a kid that broke into my parents house, they got him later thanks to fingerprints, but he didn't know anyone in the house, just a kid that struck gold.

You mighta not known him, but someone that you did know knew him...you never know

pughster
12-16-2003, 10:51 AM
just got off the phone with the insurance adjuster. He said the policy is that anything powered by the car (including stereo) is not covered through her house insurance. He said it would be better to go through my auto policy but i told him this summer my car was written off for the same thing and not worth the shit i went through. He then asked if the stuff could be hooked up in a house. Well I said I guess it could, so he's gonna try to work something out. Who would of thought, them trying to help us out. I thought their main objective was to screw over as much as possible and not pay anything out. Theoretically everything could be used in the house. Maybe this is my break :thumbsup:

fast_cars
12-16-2003, 10:57 AM
yea man thats true!!
good luck with that!! :thumbsup: