PDA

View Full Version : fail to produce

clamchowder
06-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Hey all,

I got pulled over the other day for speeding and the cop gave me a speeding ticket, and an additional ticket for "failing to produce insurance".

I however had insurance but an expired one. I read on another thread that if I can produce that, it can be dropped or something.

I am OK with paying the speeding ticket, but I don't want to pay the other one if it's possible.

Is that still true?

thanks

G-ZUS
06-05-2010, 06:10 PM
No the ticket is for not having your registration with you when the cop requested it. Therefor you have to pay it.

Rarasaurus
06-05-2010, 06:23 PM
^ Correct. The ticket is not for not having insurance. It is for failing to be able to prove having up to date insurance at the time. You are guilty of both speeding and failing to produce up to date insurance information when requested.

DayGlow
06-05-2010, 06:47 PM
You did get a break as well. If all you could produce was an expired insurance card you could have been hit with a no insurance ticket and have you car towed. In the end if you probe you did have insurance the ticket would be withdrawn, but you still would have to deal with the inconvience of your vehicle being towed.

Graham_A_M
06-07-2010, 09:48 PM
http://www.fightthatticket.com/
^ Talk to Dennis Young. I had $800 worth in tickets removed completely. Demerits and all.... total cost? $245

nonlinear
06-07-2010, 10:14 PM
i was in the same situation once, but the officer was great. he gave me a ticket for no insurance, but told me it would be thrown out if I could send/fax (i think) him a copy of my recent insurance. he didn't impound my car, and let me drive away. i sent in proof of insurance the next day, and the ticket was thrown out. i think it was like $500 or something, so it was pretty awesome that he gave me a break.

however, it sounds like you don't have that option. that's too bad man.

Kloubek
06-07-2010, 10:24 PM
I had the exact same thing OP. Speeding, plus failure to produce. Turns out I had it in the truck the whole time, but he never gave me the chance to find it....