PDA

View Full Version : Muslims want to build Mosque At ground Zero

Pages : [1] 2

DRKM
06-05-2010, 10:49 PM
I thought this was a joke. But nope. Its real.

They even want to open it on Sept 11th, 2011.

LINKY (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/1/building-mosque-at-ground-zero-is-an-insult/)

Can you say tasteless?

kaput
06-05-2010, 10:57 PM

CUG
06-05-2010, 11:49 PM
No different than GWB's "Mission Accomplished" flag..

turbotrip
06-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by DRKM

Can you say tasteless?

please explain? the entire religion is to blame for what 19 members did?

DRKM
06-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip

Explain to me how else this could have happened WITHOUT islam?

CUG
06-06-2010, 12:13 AM

please explain? the entire religion is to blame for what 19 members did? The religion? Yep. Sorry brah.

Antonito
06-06-2010, 12:30 AM

Explain to me how else this could have happened WITHOUT islam? If Islam were non-existent but the social/economic/political factors were the same I'd imagine the same people would have organized under a similar ridiculous banner. Either another existing religion, such as a sect of Christianity (which is rife with examples of being used as justification for acts of murder/terrorism); a political ideology (communism fueled the massacres under the Soviets, Chinese, etc) or some new religion.

The point being that the religion itself isn't really all that important when compared to the other factors around it. It's not like God came down to the Christians one day and said "hey stop waging holy wars in my name" and that's why Christian nations stopped invading countries, it's more that the political/economical factors changed, so Christianity changed to suit the times.

When you think about it, it's kind of hard to blame made up fairy tales for the ills of the world.

DRKM
06-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Antonito
If Islam were non-existent but the social/economic/political factors were the same I'd imagine the same people would have organized under a similar ridiculous banner. Either another existing religion, such as a sect of Christianity (which is rife with examples of being used as justification for acts of murder/terrorism); a political ideology (communism fueled the massacres under the Soviets, Chinese, etc) or some new religion.

The point being that the religion itself isn't really all that important when compared to the other factors around it. It's not like God came down to the Christians one day and said "hey stop waging holy wars in my name" and that's why Christian nations stopped invading countries, it's more that the political/economical factors changed, so Christianity changed to suit the times.

When you think about it, it's kind of hard to blame made up fairy tales for the ills of the world.

I agree the political times changed and christians moved on. Don't you think maybe islam should as well?

On to the original post I don't see how you could see building a 10 million dollar mosque at ground zero could do anything for public relations.

Rather than building a mosque why don't Muslims hold forums condemning the attacks, or seeking solutions to stem the jihadist groups? There are so many better things to do then antagonize the American people/.

If you don' think that it is a moderate slap in the face then you need a reality check. Ground zero is not a symbol of any faiths place of worship but rather a place were 3000+ lives were lost.

CUG
06-06-2010, 12:37 AM
I

When you think about it, it's kind of hard to blame made up fairy tales for the ills of the world. What are your thoughts of setting up a Christian or Mormon church/temple up in the middle of a mass-casualty-via-american-forces area that is symbolic to the arab/muslim world?

turbotrip
06-06-2010, 12:39 AM

i see, so then by your rationale:

if a white guy was killed by a racist black guy, it would be tasteless for the white guy's black friend to attend the funeral? Explain to me how else this could have happened WITHOUT black people? so all black people should be blamed?

hitler also claimed he was killing jews in the name of christianity. so then it would be tasteless to build a church near any of those locations? Explain to me how else this could have happened WITHOUT christianity? so all christians should be blamed?

your reasoning seems flawed

black13
06-06-2010, 12:42 AM
It's actually being built two blocks from ground zero so it's not like they're building it right on top of it. But I mean yea if your doing this then you should expect a ton of blacklash but the general idea behind it is supposed to be to show extremists that muslims live in this country as well and what-not.

Here's an actual article and not just some letter.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/05/17/plan-to-build-mosque-at-ground-zero-angers-new-yorkers/

CUG
06-06-2010, 01:02 AM

i see, so then by your rationale:

if a white guy was killed by a racist black guy, it would be tasteless for the white guy's black friend to attend the funeral? Explain to me how else this could have happened WITHOUT black people? so all black people should be blamed?

hitler also claimed he was killing jews in the name of christianity. so then it would be tasteless to build a church near any of those locations? Explain to me how else this could have happened WITHOUT christianity? so all christians should be blamed?

your reasoning seems flawed Could you state your source on the hitler comment?

As for the other question, you're comparing an ideology to a race of people. I don't know if that's legit.

turbotrip
06-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by CUG
Could you state your source on the hitler comment?

here are 2 of his numerous quotes, if you google it you will see how many speeches he referred to himself as a catholic/ christian in.

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison...."

Adolf Hitler- Public Speech April 12, 1922

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

Adolf Hitler- Mein Kampf

Antonito
06-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by CUG
What are your thoughts of setting up a Christian or Mormon church/temple up in the middle of a mass-casualty-via-american-forces area that is symbolic to the arab/muslim world? If the American government was hiding in caves and the Christian contingent within that muslim country was widely denouncing the attacks, I'd see it as a "hey lets all get along (please don't kill us)" move, much like what the current situation is.

Antonito
06-06-2010, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by CUG
As for the other question, you're comparing an ideology to a race of people. I don't know if that's legit.

Not really. Racist extremists are to white people what jihadi-extremists are to muslims

ZenOps
06-06-2010, 06:19 AM
Its possible to be both racist extremist and religious extremist *cough* Rob *cough*

msommers
06-06-2010, 08:54 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/dont_poke_the_bear_tshirt-p235150557104876505q6vb_400.jpg

Godfuader
06-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Step away from the media sources people. First of all, the op article is an opinion, by a person in Las Vegas, who thinks that the mosque is being funded by terrorist Muzlims. People, here in New York, are whole heartedly supporting this cultural diversity. It was voted 29-1 in favor. Most people claim that this should bridge the gaps. Manhattan President, Police Commissioner, Other faith leaders and victims support the construction of this mosque. Of course, you will always have those that think that now Abdhullah the rag-head terrorist will sit in the minaret (tower) and snipe people all day...while the minions plan countless jihads in the basement.

Here is a surprising non-biased article from...Fox News??
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/25/community-board-votes-support-plans-mosque-cultural-center-near-nycs-ground/

codetrap
06-06-2010, 10:01 AM
But groups against the proposal compare it to opening a German cultural centre around the corner from Auschwitz,

This is how I feel about it. It's just in bad taste, and it's a slap in the face, intended or not.

D. Dub
06-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by codetrap

This is how I feel about it. It's just in bad taste, and it's a slap in the face, intended or not.

Religious enmity and blatant racism are what is in bad taste -- attempts to build bridges/understanding between various religions/cultures & encouraging those religions to peacefully coexist is not.

Building a mosque for moderate Muslims (the vast majority BTW) near ground zero is a brilliant idea.

2Valve0
06-06-2010, 10:46 AM

Not really. Racist extremists are to white people what jihadi-extremists are to muslims

....are you stupid? :facepalm:

First of all your statement is comparing a color of skin to a RELIGOUS group. Secondly Jihadi-extremists are RACIST EXTREMISTS, you just narrowed down racist extremists to a more concentrated group....

jazzyb
06-06-2010, 11:30 AM
the racisim is heavy

403Gemini
06-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader
Step away from the media sources people. First of all, the op article is an opinion, by a person in Las Vegas, who thinks that the mosque is being funded by terrorist Muzlims. People, here in New York, are whole heartedly supporting this cultural diversity. It was voted 29-1 in favor. Most people claim that this should bridge the gaps. Manhattan President, Police Commissioner, Other faith leaders and victims support the construction of this mosque. Of course, you will always have those that think that now Abdhullah the rag-head terrorist will sit in the minaret (tower) and snipe people all day...while the minions plan countless jihads in the basement.

Here is a surprising non-biased article from...Fox News??
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/25/community-board-votes-support-plans-mosque-cultural-center-near-nycs-ground/

I can see both sides of the coin really.

I do truly believe it COULD bridge the gap of cultural diversity and I don't really have any problem with it... however I do keep the thought in the back of my mind that the extremists / terrorists would just view this as "We win" which I am completely against.

IN MY OPINION , I think with the thought of my last comment, it is like salt in the wound of many Americans and while the mosque nor the people going to it necessarily aren't terrorists, it is a bit of a slap in the face. It's sort of like if America started building giant Christian cathedrals all over the place in Afghanistan or Iraq. I guarantee the citizens there wouldn't stand for it.

Xtrema
06-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Near the site, not on the site. To which I think it's ok. But the amount of intolerant people in US may not see it that way. That location will become so high profile that anytime some radical Islam do something stupid, it will be the defacto place for attack/revenge.

By the way, it has nothing to do with religion. It's a sect of religious nuts being used by anti-US forces as pawns.

2Valve0
06-06-2010, 12:56 PM
To be honest, if Islam is wishing to reach out and show they do not agree with the extremists this is an amazing thing. They are trying to show they want to live in peace and showng extremists that muslims live their as well.

On the other hand, americans are very very one minded and intolerant from everywhere I have been. They might take this the wrong way. Hopefully not(like some beyonders here)

Antonito
06-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0

....are you stupid? :facepalm:

First of all your statement is comparing a color of skin to a RELIGOUS group. Secondly Jihadi-extremists are RACIST EXTREMISTS, you just narrowed down racist extremists to a more concentrated group.... It's an accurate comparison. Being white has as much to do with being a racist as being muslim has to do with being a terrorist.

Do you have an actual point? I narrowed down the extremist groups and compared a skin color to a religion. Neither of those things refutes my point.

Integra10
06-06-2010, 01:36 PM

No, but they are to blame for wanting to build a damn Mosque there.

2Valve0
06-06-2010, 01:41 PM
It's an accurate comparison. Being white has as much to do with being a racist as being muslim has to do with being a terrorist.

Do you have an actual point? I narrowed down the extremist groups and compared a skin color to a religion. Neither of those things refutes my point.

Your statement was stupid and very uneducated. If you cannot see how stupid that was then I feel sorry for you. Goodbye :facepalm:

Sugarphreak
06-06-2010, 01:42 PM

Godfuader
06-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Some build bridges...some do this http://uk.reuters.com/news/video/story?videoId=96975747&videoChannel=2603. I have to say that I watched only the first 50 seconds where a comparison was made between Islam and domestic violence :facepalm:

Originally posted by 403Gemini

I can see both sides of the coin really.

I do truly believe it COULD bridge the gap of cultural diversity and I don't really have any problem with it... however I do keep the thought in the back of my mind that the extremists / terrorists would just view this as "We win" which I am completely against.

IN MY OPINION , I think with the thought of my last comment, it is like salt in the wound of many Americans and while the mosque nor the people going to it necessarily aren't terrorists, it is a bit of a slap in the face. It's sort of like if America started building giant Christian cathedrals all over the place in Afghanistan or Iraq. I guarantee the citizens there wouldn't stand for it.
I agree. The extremist will view this as a flag of expansionism. The rest of the Muslim world views this as a bridge. What else needs to be clear is that this center is a project of the Cordoba Initiative (http://www.cordobainitiative.org/) whose mission is to improve Muslim-West relations. I will admit I have not completely researched this initiative, but seems like their main objective is to promote inter-faith dialogue. I can only hope that the Muslim world will take this as their cue to build bridges from the other side of the water.

01RedDX
06-06-2010, 02:05 PM

Kennyredline
06-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Let them build it, and then fly a tour group of Muslims into it.

syeve
06-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Adults with imaginary friends are stupid.

eljefe
06-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Sounds like more of a community centre than a mosque...

The project calls for a 13-story community center including a mosque, performing art center, gym, swimming pool and other public spaces.

"The Cordoba Initiative hopes to build a $100 million, 13-story community center with Islamic, interfaith and secular programming, similar to the 92nd Street Y," its website says, referring to the cultural institution on the upper East side of Manhattan.

Daisy Khan of the American Society for Muslim Advancement told CNN it was a "community center with a prayer space inside."

This quote from the same article......total ignorance

Local political leaders turned out in support of the community last month after Mark Williams of the conservative Tea Party Express reportedly said the mosque was for "the worship of the terrorists' monkey-god."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/06/new.york.ground.zero.mosque/index.html?section=cnn_latest

freshprince1
06-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Bill Maher hit the nail on the head. The idiots complaining about this are not only missing the point completely, they are missing the real issue at hand. The tallest building in the world was started in 2004 in Dubai, and is now completely finished, whereas after 9 years, an empty hole remains at ground zero, but nobody's complaining about that.

Huh?

1) Bill Maher :facepalm:

2) What relevence does the height of a building have to do here?

01RedDX
06-07-2010, 11:50 AM

Xtrema
06-07-2010, 11:57 AM
2) Well, if another country can build the tallest building in the world in 5 years, then why can't the most powerful country in the world build something, anything, in 10 or even 15 years? :dunno:

Because US government prefer to have weapons of mass destruction.

Really, there is no economic justification for it, other than pride.

syeve
06-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Because US government prefer to have weapons of mass destruction.

Count them zero's! Yee Hahh!

http://www.costofwar.com/

BigMass
06-07-2010, 12:13 PM

greed, power and revenge are constructs of human nature. They have nothing to do with religion. If there was no religion on this planet we'd still have the same wars and same bullshit going on today. Religion is only used as an excuse. If Religion didn't exist there would be other excuses. Don't give humans more credit than we deserve.

syeve
06-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

greed, power and revenge are constructs of human nature. They have nothing to do with religion. If there was no religion on this planet we'd still have the same wars and same bullshit going on today. Religion is only used as an excuse. If Religion didn't exist there would be other excuses. Don't give humans more credit than we deserve.

Even as a belligerent atheist I pretty much agree with this. Humans are dangerously dumb.

01RedDX
06-07-2010, 12:21 PM

Godfuader
06-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Mayor Bloomberg is fully supporting the Mosque. May be politically driven.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/mike_rite_right_M3z4XOjda0JlzbRv0VnxhL

Originally posted by eljefe

This quote from the same article......total ignorance

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/06/new.york.ground.zero.mosque/index.html?section=cnn_latest
Thats just Mark Williams. Most leaders I disagree with rationally...he is just a plain old Idiot. He was the same guy that blamed Katrina victims for not having any brains. As well called Obama an "Indonesian Muslim turned welfare thug and a racist in chief." Recently he's calling the Manhattan president a "Jewish Uncle Tom" Just an attention whore.

Antonito
06-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0

Your statement was stupid and very uneducated. If you cannot see how stupid that was then I feel sorry for you. Goodbye :facepalm: Lol you've got nothing. What a troll

alloroc
06-07-2010, 02:13 PM
It's an accurate comparison. Being white has as much to do with being a racist as being muslim has to do with being a terrorist.

I'm a white muslim.

Antonito
06-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Good for you :dunno:

BigMass
06-07-2010, 06:00 PM

2) Well, if another country can build the tallest building in the world in 5 years, then why can't the most powerful country in the world build something, anything, in 10 or even 15 years? :dunno:

1) because the US doesn't build their towers with slave labor from India We'll see in how good of a shape that tower is 10 years from now.

2) building a tower isn't all about laying brick and steel. It's years of design and architectural work that is taking longer than normal to be approved due to considerations that need to be made under the circumstances (9-11 memorial etc.)

Jim Rome99
06-07-2010, 06:02 PM
There is a clear separation of church and state in the USA. Thus, there should be no difference between a Catholic church or a Muslim mosque in the eyes of the building permit office.

Godfuader
08-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Green light! looks like the existing building does not have any landmark significance.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/04/nyregion/04mosque.html
I went to the proposed site last week. It really is around the corner from ground zero. But, even at 15 floors, it will hardly "loom" over the site.

01RedDX
08-10-2010, 04:05 PM

TorqueDog
08-10-2010, 06:23 PM
I think Greg Gutfield is a complete moron, but THAT is some funny shit right there.

Cos
08-10-2010, 06:29 PM
My question is, who requested the mosque to be built. If the 9/11 site foundation or NYC requested it, and they accepted then I see no problem with it.

However if the members of the mosque presented it, no matter the reason, it seems to be in quite bad taste.

I can understand all the reasons and it may be a good idea to open it. However I dont think it is their place to request the land to be used for that.

I like the Auschwitz example, kind of resonates my feelings about this.

DayGlow
08-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Gay bar to open right next door! :rofl:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/10/greg-gutfeld-im-opening-g_n_676699.html

I hear it's going to be call Alacockbar.

brownchild
08-10-2010, 08:32 PM
With events like 9/11, humans should be moving further away from religion and focusing on uniting the masses. A move such as this will only create more controversy. I totally understand the original objective of building the mosque, but the people proposing the idea are obviously enlightened. And majority of the world population is not especially hardcore American Christians who are just as bad as the Muslim extremists, so therefore it's only going to create more problems.

Godfuader
08-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Gay bar to open right next door! :rofl:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/10/greg-gutfeld-im-opening-g_n_676699.html

Fox News... /reading. Love the fact that he mentions that the Muslim faith does not look kindly upon homosexuality...versus the Christian faith that embraces it? Open a gay bar in the bible belt, and watch the pitchforks fly.

Originally posted by Cos
My question is, who requested the mosque to be built. If the 9/11 site foundation or NYC requested it, and they accepted then I see no problem with it.

However if the members of the mosque presented it, no matter the reason, it seems to be in quite bad taste.

I can understand all the reasons and it may be a good idea to open it. However I dont think it is their place to request the land to be used for that.

I like the Auschwitz example, kind of resonates my feelings about this.
The mosque is being built as a Muslim community center. The support for the mosque is unanimous among the people who actually have a say in the issue. This includes the Jewish mayor, who is a VERY strong advocate for it. For every protester, there are ten supporters. The common consensus in New York is to build bridges among the faiths. This building will also house a 9/11 memorial, which may just be a PR stunt. Then again, most protesters believe that the building will have a terrorist training university in the basement.

What exactly is in bad taste? A group of extremists use gods name for their personal agenda, and suddenly the faith of over a billion people is tarnished.

Auschwitz was a direct attack on a religious group. This attack was against a nation that includes millions of Muslims.

Cos
08-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Good points.
I don't know, something still makes me uncomfortable about it.

Fox News... /reading. Love the fact that he mentions that the Muslim faith does not look kindly upon homosexuality...versus the Christian faith that embraces it? Open a gay bar in the bible belt, and watch the pitchforks fly.

The mosque is being built as a Muslim community center. The support for the mosque is unanimous among the people who actually have a say in the issue. This includes the Jewish mayor, who is a VERY strong advocate for it. For every protester, there are ten supporters. The common consensus in New York is to build bridges among the faiths. This building will also house a 9/11 memorial, which may just be a PR stunt. Then again, most protesters believe that the building will have a terrorist training university in the basement.

What exactly is in bad taste? A group of extremists use gods name for their personal agenda, and suddenly the faith of over a billion people is tarnished.

Auschwitz was a direct attack on a religious group. This attack was against a nation that includes millions of Muslims.

Type_B
08-10-2010, 11:19 PM
they shouldn't even be allowed in the country. period

Once they accept and learn western cultures they'll have a better understanding but why go to a country not of origin and not accept other cultures and religion?????, their just causing problems for people.

gstone
08-10-2010, 11:29 PM
hahaha... great stuff. I have to give it to the Muslims, they are trollin' on an epic scale! Sure it's legal, there is nothing back handed about this, but this move has nothing but caused controversy and provided discussion on "touchy" issues...

Since this is going up, would it be wrong to build a Pulled Pork Restaurant right beside it???

BrknFngrs
08-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

:rofl:

DRKM
08-11-2010, 02:52 AM

Perhaps it is tarnished die to the fact that the koran blatantly Muslims to wage war on Non belivers.

An interesting point about your language to do with Homosexuals is how you do not condemn the homophobic behavior from muslims but just pass the buck to christians. Well done.

turbotrip
08-11-2010, 03:00 AM

I heard it's going to be called the Pig-Sty in an attempt to offend muslims. However I would guess its just going to attract a bunch of cops. :dunno:

Godfuader
08-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Governor offers alternate location.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/gov_offers_land_for_mosque_if_it_YKrG1nuNaSdMbNuoZ7IabM

Rejected
http://manhattan.ny1.com/content/top_stories/123569/mosque-developer-rejects-paterson-proposal

Paterson's remarks validate the idea that all Muslims are responsible for what terrorists did on September 11, 2001.

Perhaps it is tarnished die to the fact that the koran blatantly Muslims to wage war on Non belivers.

An interesting point about your language to do with Homosexuals is how you do not condemn the homophobic behavior from muslims but just pass the buck to christians. Well done.
Err...the comment merely pointed out that both religions oppose homosexuality. The fool claimed that the gay bar would only offend Muslims, whereas the gay bar would be just as offensive across a church.

A790
08-11-2010, 09:27 AM
This attack was against a nation that includes millions of Muslims.
DING DING DING! We have a winnar!

Funny how people forget that.

Xtrema
08-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Actually, a lot of western/modern Muslim don't want this. And nobody is able to reveal the funding behind it. Most like because it's Saudi $ and they are just trolling.

CUG
08-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Actually, a lot of western/modern Muslim don't want this. And nobody is able to reveal the funding behind it. Most like because it's Saudi $ and they are just trolling. Yep.

This is a tacky move through and through. Have some fucking tact, quit being righteous religious idiots who probably drink and do coke with sluts on the weekends anyways, and put the fucking thing somewhere else.

freshprince1
08-11-2010, 12:38 PM

The general sentiment is that they are rubbing it in.

Also, I don't think 9/11 is the only event that has "suddenly" given Islam a bad name, but is just the highest profile event. I've heard of other terrorist bombings and plots.

Godfuader
08-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1

The general sentiment is that they are rubbing it in.

Also, I don't think 9/11 is the only event that has "suddenly" given Islam a bad name, but is just the highest profile event. I've heard of other terrorist bombings and plots.
That is far from the general sentiment. Yes, if sentiment is derived from news sources, then the swimming pool being built on the premises will be for naval terrorism training. The pulse of New York is to build this center. It will be an open public building, with a focus on curbing mis-perceptions. Why else would the council members overwhelmingly vote for it? Notice how the naysayers are the same bunch that felt Sarah Palin was a good idea. People outside of New York also believe that this will be the first step towards a Muslim Republic with Sharia Law. This is their fear:
http://creepingsharia.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/cox-forkum-liberty.jpg
If anyone subscribes to this notion, then grab a tin-foil hat and click here: http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/

CapnCrunch
08-11-2010, 02:58 PM
I heard someone was planning to build a gay bar beside the mosque.

bashir26
08-11-2010, 03:25 PM
The land where the mosque is being built on belonged to an american muslim. What he chooses to do with his land is his decision.

Antonito
08-11-2010, 04:25 PM

Perhaps it is tarnished die to the fact that the koran blatantly Muslims to wage war on Non belivers. If this was a concern the Bible and christian religions would be on the outs as well.

01RedDX
08-11-2010, 06:34 PM

kirberman
08-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Very conservative and intolerant views here. People are always forgetting that Al Qaeda and Muslims are not synonymous. Its like Americans and Christians should be thought of the same and when Americans go to war they fight for their Christian God.

Lets bring some perspective into this in a humorous way. Forward to 2:30:

http://watch.thecomedynetwork.ca/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart/full-episodes/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart---august-10-2010/#clip334155

CUG
08-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by kirberman
Very conservative and intolerant views here. People are always forgetting that Al Qaeda and Muslims are not synonymous. Its like Americans and Christians should be thought of the same and when Americans go to war they fight for their Christian God.
Not all Muslims are Al-Queda, but all Al Queda is Muslim. (non-point)

I think people feel like their going to "tolerate" their way into being completely over run.

aqure591
08-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Don't understand why people put so much emphasis on the RELIGION. The real focus should be on the people (the terrorists) which could be of any form, colour or race, religion has nothing to do with it. To connect religion with terrorism is like connecting religion with anything else and the world stereo types that to the max. Its like saying all criminals (murders for example are christians), when it could be anyone hindu, muslim, sikh...

Originally posted by CUG
Not all Muslims are Al-Queda, but all Al Queda is Muslim. (non-point)

I think people feel like their going to "tolerate" their way into being completely over run.

frizzlefry
08-12-2010, 02:05 AM
The simple fact is that this is a result of the religion diversion. Simply speaking, there are political, territorial and numerous other reasons for strafe in the middle east. Religion has been used by their leaders for decades to, not only mask the real issue at hand (and make it damn near impossible to argue against..."I don't like your invisible friend" rather than "Let’s talk land resettlement and self sufficient government for your people") but also to mobilize people. You know you have 30 million people in your land but no efficient method of communicating ideas with them (no infrastructure) so it will take far too long to mobilize them to your cause. So, just say that you are at war with enemies of their religion. Simple. You don't have to argue economic viewpoints, territory or even be open to negotiation for political/land/economic concession. After one simple communication, your people think their religion is at stake, not to mention their souls. They will fight without question or direction. And your enemies, the USA, will attack your simple NY mosque idea because they hate your religion (not because its "too soon"...which is really what the issue is). And then the situation feeds itself. Over and over. Its worked perfectly. This issue is no longer about political or land issues in the middle east. Or even American interference into their governments (the previous reason for terror attacks)...it’s now about religion. Sept 11th saw to that. Christians (USA) vs Muslims (Middle East) and no one talks about the real problems anymore.

So break the trend. Let them have the mosque. Show that Americans are not so stupid as to not realize they are getting played by the religion card....or maybe they are. And the situation willl only get worse.

DRKM
08-12-2010, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by aqure591
Don't understand why people put so much emphasis on the RELIGION. The real focus should be on the people (the terrorists) which could be of any form, colour or race, religion has nothing to do with it. To connect religion with terrorism is like connecting religion with anything else and the world stereo types that to the max. Its like saying all criminals (murders for example are christians), when it could be anyone hindu, muslim, sikh...

I wonder what the stats are for suicide bombers around the world. Islam is the only religion today that reveres maryterdom. AKA: Blowing yourself up in order to kill as many people as possible. There is your connection right there.

This happens very regularly in the Iraq, Isreal, Syria, egypt, ect .

NOTE: I dont condone any cults that are currently practiced.

Godfuader
08-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by kirberman
Its like Americans and Christians should be thought of the same and when Americans go to war they fight for their Christian God.
Grade A ignorance allows the media to call Christian wrong-doings a one-off. This war was started as GOD's mission. A Christian leader has killed 680,000 (predominantly Muslims) people to fulfill God's words. Modern day crusade?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

*tinfoil hat activate*

freshprince1
08-12-2010, 09:05 AM

Grade A ignorance allows the media to call Christian wrong-doings a one-off. This war was started as GOD's mission. A Christian leader has killed 680,000 (predominantly Muslims) people to fulfill God's words. Modern day crusade?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

*tinfoil hat activate*

The difference is Christianity does not preach the killing of others to advance its cause. Though a Christian may kill, they cannot claim the Bible told them to do so. "Thou Shalt Not Kill" happens to be one of the Christian's 10 commandments. While the Quran openly condones such violence and calls for it if it can help spread Sharia law.

bmw62
08-12-2010, 03:31 PM

_

I heard it's going to be called the Pig-Sty in an attempt to offend muslims. However I would guess its just going to attract a bunch of cops. :dunno:

Owned.

And for the September 11 event, You can't just say all Muslims are Al-Qida. If that was true, why would the Number of Islamic converts in the United States go up by 34,000 since then? Plus The poplulation of Muslims around the world is around 1.5 billion. And its going up day by day.

Lastly, I dont agree with what happened on September 11, but I think it would of been more benificial if instead of hitting the World trade towers, they should of hit all the police stations in north america. It would of prolly got rid of some beyond members so others can register. lol

turbotrip
08-12-2010, 04:24 PM

The difference is Christianity does not preach the killing of others to advance its cause. Though a Christian may kill, they cannot claim the Bible told them to do so. "Thou Shalt Not Kill" happens to be one of the Christian's 10 commandments. While the Quran openly condones such violence and calls for it if it can help spread Sharia law.

you obviously speak on subjects you know very little/nothing about. the bible cites death as a suitable punishment for various sins just like the quran does and just like the torah does.

Antonito
08-12-2010, 04:30 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

So many people who have never read the bible

BrknFngrs
08-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Everyone can claim discrimination, insensitivity, etc all they want but it just comes down to this being in poor taste.

Do I believe that all muslims are terrorists? No, of course not. This does create an opportunity for peaceful muslims in the US to better align themselves with the rest of the US though. If they spoke out against this mosques construction on the grounds that it portrays a symbolic victory for terrorists I think they would earn a lot respect from the average american.

I'm sure there would be some outrage if churches were raised by the US in each area "liberated" as part of their military operations.

ZeeZee
08-12-2010, 04:47 PM

Luke 19:26-27

Deuteronomy 13:5-6 13:8-9 13:15 17:3-5

1 Samuel 15:2-3

Isaiah 13:15-16

Ezekiel 9:5-6

Antonito
08-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Do I believe that all muslims are terrorists? No, of course not. This does create an opportunity for peaceful muslims in the US to better align themselves with the rest of the US though. If they spoke out against this mosques construction on the grounds that it portrays a symbolic victory for terrorists I think they would earn a lot respect from the average american.

Yeah but why try to fit in with the lowest common denominator of America (the retarded hillbilly faction)? They should probably aim a little higher, don't you think?

brownchild
08-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by GOD
With events like 9/11, humans should be moving further away from religion and focusing on uniting the masses. A move such as this will only create more controversy. I totally understand the original objective of building the mosque, but the people proposing the idea are obviously enlightened. And majority of the world population is not especially hardcore American Christians who are just as bad as the Muslim extremists, so therefore it's only going to create more problems.

calgary403
08-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by ZeeZee

Luke 19:26-27

Deuteronomy 13:5-6 13:8-9 13:15 17:3-5

1 Samuel 15:2-3

Isaiah 13:15-16

Ezekiel 9:5-6

Quoting a very small part of a story does not summarize the whole moral of the story. Just because one sentence has something to do with killing does not mean it is condoned. If I wrote a book and one passage said "Go kill them" does not mean the whole book is about murder. Show me a whole story from the bible that says it is a good thing to kill and I will believe you.

Godfuader
08-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by calgary403

Quoting a very small part of a story does not summarize the whole moral of the story. Just because one sentence has something to do with killing does not mean it is condoned. If I wrote a book and one passage said "Go kill them" does not mean the whole book is about murder. Show me a whole story from the bible that says it is a good thing to kill and I will believe you.
You would enjoy this thread
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=312441

ZeeZee
08-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by calgary403

Isn't this what people that quote snippets of the Quran do? But it's OK to do it with one book, but not the other?

The point is, any book can be twisted to say what you want if you are dumb enough to take everything out of context. Context is very important.

“Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!” - George Carlin

Godfuader
08-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Jon Stewart's take on it
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-august-10-2010/municipal-land-use-hearing-update?xrs=share_fb

Not sure if it will work in Canada

calgary403
08-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by ZeeZee

Isn't this what people that quote snippets of the Quran do? But it's OK to do it with one book, but not the other?

The point is, any book can be twisted to say what you want if you are dumb enough to take everything out of context. Context is very important.

“Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!” - George Carlin

No I never said it was ok to do with the Quran. The reason why I haven't piped up and said something when a person takes something out of context from the Quran is because I know nothing about it. If I saw someone taking a quote out of context from the Quran and I knew it I would call them on it just the same.

I would also assume that the fundamentals of the two books are very similar like living your life as a good person and treating others how you want to be treated. So I think people that fight over it are complete morons.

And just to add I am not trying to turn this into some Islam VS Christianity thread. People who have a religion should be the MOST understanding of other religions. As they have all had to go through some trials and tribulations because of their faith. It's those damn Atheists we have to worry about. :poosie:

bmw62
08-13-2010, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by CUG
Yep.

This is a tacky move through and through. Have some fucking tact, quit being righteous religious idiots who probably drink and do coke with sluts on the weekends anyways, and put the fucking thing somewhere else.

Whats wrong with putting it there? since theres no more buildings , why leave an empty piece of land there, instead use the land for something useful like a mosque or something.

Godfuader
08-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by bmw62

Whats wrong with putting it there? since theres no more buildings , why leave an empty piece of land there, instead use the land for something useful like a mosque or something.

No no no...you need to be very clear that the building is not on Ground Zero. It is a couple blocks away, completely detached from Ground Zero. The bitching is that it is still too close. Ground Zero is the larger open space in front of the red buildings. The mosque will be the red square.

http://thedeepsilence.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/GroundZeroMosqueLocation.jpg

Toma
08-13-2010, 08:18 AM
I would try and put it at ground zero...

"They" get framed for 9/11, and the US uses that as an excuse to declare a war against islam, oppress a destabilize a region with over billion people, slaugher/starve/murder over a million....

Yep, I would put it dead centre at ground zero.

jazzyb
08-13-2010, 08:54 AM
its a fucking meditation room in a building thats coming up not an entire complex that will be a mosque.

CUG
08-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by bmw62

Whats wrong with putting it there? since theres no more buildings , why leave an empty piece of land there, instead use the land for something useful like a mosque or something. You don't drive a BMW, you probably drive a turquoise green 1991 honda civic. You're the same ugly hog that signed on here a while ago and got banned for being your typical uneducated and unintelligent self.

CUG
08-13-2010, 12:33 PM
More "BMW62":
http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=82655

For some reason, our automotive-retarded user thinks a Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG is a BMW.

...and figures their exemplary knowledge earns them this title:
http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=82706

..and when that account gets clapped out by the ban-hammer, they've now de-tuned and de-bored their AMG BMW engine to a 6.2:
http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=82656

:zzz: :zzz:

ZeeZee
08-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Hahaha... Jon Stewart

http://tv.gawker.com/5609824/jon-stewart-calls-out-those-blindly-opposed-to-ground-zero-mosque

Godfuader
08-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Obama on board! :thumbsup:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703960004575427992237914442.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-obama-mosque-20100814,0,7153887.story

WARNING: The following picture is NSFI (Not Safe For the Ignorant)

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-08/55543413.jpg
Obama hosting a Ramadan Dinner at the White House. Dem muzlims, they dun taking over!!

CUG
08-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Obama on board! :thumbsup:
WARNING: The following picture is NSFI (Not Safe For the Ignorant)

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-08/55543413.jpg
Obama hosting a Ramadan Dinner at the White House. Dem muzlims, they dun taking over!!
Call me ignorant, but I thought Ramadan and dinner didn't mix, like two dicks and no chicks...

ZeeZee
08-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by CUG

Call me ignorant, but I thought Ramadan and dinner didn't mix, like two dicks and no chicks...

After the sun sets, it's chow time...

aqure591
08-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Religion has nothing to do with it though, the form of act is terrorism( Not islam or muslims). What I am saying is religion should be left out of all this completely. Because then your saying that its the religion that's the problem and not the actual act.

I wonder what the stats are for suicide bombers around the world. Islam is the only religion today that reveres maryterdom. AKA: Blowing yourself up in order to kill as many people as possible. There is your connection right there.

This happens very regularly in the Iraq, Isreal, Syria, egypt, ect .

NOTE: I dont condone any cults that are currently practiced.