PDA

View Full Version : What is best place to buy camera gear online

CA18DET
06-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Iv been buying a lot of equipment and im finding TCS and Vistek limited. Im looking for online retailers that sell products cheaper than TCS.

I used to purchase all my camera stuff from www.amazon.com for so cheap!, but they stopped shipping to canada and amazon.ca is lacking in selection.

Im currently looking for Manfrotto, 501HDV head. TCS and Vistek does not have this in stock, vistek has it in toronto but they wont give me an arrival date if I order it, either will TCS.

Mitsu3000gt
06-06-2010, 12:46 AM
If you're willing to buy from the states, B&H Photo is pretty well the best I've seen for both selection and price. Also, they have a deal with UPS so 1-2 day shipping including all duties and brokerage is extremely cheap, around $30 unless what you're buying is extremely heavy.

quazimoto
06-06-2010, 12:50 AM
I always compare between Adorama, B&H and Vistek. I find some prices in Vistek are better on certain items as well. B&H and Adorama always seem very close in the price department.

CA18DET
06-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Pricing on B&H isnt great, unless manfrotto has set pricing. 157US for the head at B&H, 157$ Canadian Locally.

qrankz
06-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Locally, Robinson's Camera has been great for me.

Online, I'm all over the place. B&H, Adorama, FlashZebra, etc. Gotta know what you want, gotta know to research, then compare prices last.