PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes a photo is more than just a photo!

quazimoto
06-06-2010, 01:04 AM
I'm finding myself more and more these days doing the same old things for many weddings that I am working for clients. They seem to always want to go to the same locations and it just gets to be a bit tedious I guess you could say. This day started knowing it would not the same old since the wedding was happening out near Bearspaw, it was outdoor and the bride and groom were amazing people to work with.

I found myself arriving at the clients home to take some prep shots of the guys messing around. To my surprise I see this 1930 something purple Ford sitting in the driveway. Needless to say so many ideas entered my mind with what I could do with the vehicle as a prop for the wedding and I literally couldn't stop thinking about it the entire day. The one fact which stuck in my head like glue was the fact the interior of the car was primarily white in color especially the ceiling in the car. It was kind of like a white suede.

As far as a wedding day goes the entire day from start to finish was just filled with memorable moments that were truly one of a kind. Including the groom totally messing up his vows upon hearing the word "wife" for the first time. In any event I had this picture in head.

Car + Sunset + Strobes = good times.

Now to say the least I'm no car photographer. I've never even tried taking car photos until today but I figure this was a really nice rendition even though it still needs some tweaking.

Nikon D3x + 24-70mm F2.8 + 3 SB-900s + Radiopoppers :)

http://www.khphotography.ca/beyond/beyond_car.jpg

sgt_hawk
06-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Looks great, Only comment i would have would be to darken the inside of the car a bit. looks a little... photo shopped?

And maybe remove the bra.

off the car that is!

Mitsu3000gt
06-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Looks great to me :thumbsup:

I like the lit up interior, draws the eyes right to it.

quazimoto
06-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Well the bra off the car wasn't going to happen as the Father (owner) is rather protective. In full resolution the image is just amazing. I love how you say it looks photoshopped though. Its simply what the usage of proper exposure with a lot of strobe work can do.

The only bit of a photoshopping in the entire picture was the reflection on the top of the hood that was caused by the light inside the car.

GQBalla
06-06-2010, 08:35 AM
wow,

amazing photo

dj_rice
06-06-2010, 10:20 AM
I like it the way it is, since this is a wedding photo, the lit up interior does its job to draw your eyes right to the couple, since the picture is about them and not the surroundings. Well done

frozenrice
06-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Great shot. The only thing I would have done different would have tried to get more angle on the car rather than a more straight on shot. That way the rearview mirror wouldn't be blocking off the groom's head so much.

Go4Long
06-06-2010, 12:39 PM
love the shot...the drivers side fender's little bright spot is the only thing I might try to touch up a bit...but great shot as it is.

quazimoto
06-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Yeah I hear you on the angle. The entire thing was a very fast production as we were getting there basically right after the sun had set and we were loosing light in a hurry. Oddly I'm sure the bra being on the car actually made this shot a lot easier for me since it kind of took away from potential hot spots that I'm sure would be glaring from the strobes.

This picture in full resolution looks extremely wicked. It's sitting as my screensaver right now :)