PDA

View Full Version : Driver's abstracts

Zero102
12-14-2003, 03:15 AM
This is probably a NewB question, but what all is on a driver's abstract? Is insurance history on there? Vehicle registration history?
I know tickets are on there, but say I got one, and then the cop called me up saying it is cancelled (I went to court anyways, and they told me it was withdrawn or whatever), would it be on there? I am shopping around for insurance, and they all want an abstract, I am worried my false ticket will show up there.

illeagle
12-14-2003, 03:25 AM
- Tickets
- how long you've been licenced for
- How many accidents
- how many demeritts
- description of tickets obtained

max_boost
12-14-2003, 03:25 AM
Regardless if you are worried or not, you still have to obtain one from the local registry. If not, the insurance companies will be able to access it anyway. I think it costs $18 (can't remember) and it'll show any tickets/violations for the past 3 years.

Zero102
12-14-2003, 03:36 AM
I know I still have to get one, I just wonder if it would list that ticket, as it was withdrawn before I was even able to fight it.

4wheeldrift
12-14-2003, 10:01 AM
If the ticket was withdrawn it shouldn't show up on your abstract.

Zero102
12-14-2003, 12:11 PM
Good, I was getting worried about that. I tell every company I have no tickets, and I sure would look like a liar if there was one on there.

Strider
12-14-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
- Tickets
- how long you've been licenced for
- How many accidents
- how many demeritts
- description of tickets obtained

i've had an accident, but it didn't show up on my driver's abstract, did i somehow slip through the cracks?

prosh
12-14-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Strider

i've had an accident, but it didn't show up on my driver's abstract, did i somehow slip through the cracks?

Was ur accident reported? If ya didn't and settled privately, then there's a pretty good chance it wouldn't show up on any abstract.