PDA

View Full Version : Option Import Closing...

ArjayAquino
06-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Saw this on a WSC thread.. apparently they are closing at the end of this week :(

It's sad news because they were awesome to deal with. I've only gone there a few times but I was planning on going there for all future servicing.

Anyone know more about this?

max_boost
06-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Really? That's too bad.

Any reason why?

I was just in there to introduce myself to Jim and he made no mention of it lol I said I was looking forward to using him as my new NSX mechanic etc. etc. lol

:rofl:

88CRX
06-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Really?

That sucks if it's true...... they were awesome to deal with and were able to solve virtually any problem/issue I ever threw at them.

They could do all the OEM stuff cheaper then Honda and they also were able to help with any aftermarket stuff too.

rumeo
06-07-2010, 06:01 PM
They're permanently closing down or moving locations?

Clever
06-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Damnit, now I need a new shop if they close down.

ArjayAquino
06-07-2010, 06:18 PM
here's the WSC thread I was talking about with more info on it: LINK (http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=16115.0;topicseen)

GQBalla
06-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Damn. That's sad. These guys were awesome

Speed_69
06-07-2010, 07:59 PM
I've never dealt with them but I have heard nothing but good things about them. Was going to start bringing my car to them for servicing and maintenance once my warranty was up.

soloracer
06-07-2010, 10:46 PM
It's a shame they couldn't stay open. They were extremely honest and trustworthy - both with the workmanship and the invoice. I gave them as much business as I could and gave them many referrals. In the end it seems that it wasn't enough. Like the rest of you guys I'm not sure now where I will go to get my NSX worked on.

nj2Type-S
06-07-2010, 10:54 PM
are you serious??? i've been dealing w/ these dudes for around 3 yrs now...bahhh, where's another good place to go to???

Impreza
06-07-2010, 11:46 PM
I thought they were moving? Sucks if they are moving. I gave them a ton of business and many referrals, I was never disappointed. Howard and Jim are class acts. Hope the news is false and they are just moving!

TomcoPDR
06-07-2010, 11:47 PM
All the best to Jim and Howard's future endeavors

Sorath
06-07-2010, 11:54 PM
yup they`re gone for sure, i talked to howard about it last week

RX_EVOLV
06-08-2010, 12:15 AM
So sad...... now I actually have NO idea where to take my cars for servicing now....

Impreza
06-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Well, that sucks. Where am I going to go now? Any similar shops with the same type of stand up people and great prices?

Redlyne_mr2
06-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Im hoping Jim and Howard chime in here. Awesome guys for sure.

vengie
06-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Wow, this is extremely disappointing and surprising!

Jim and Howard were the only people I trusted to work on my STI. Best shop in the city hands down, and I referred many friends to them because of this.

Good luck Jim and Howard on any future endeavors.

Now the shop hunt begins... again :(

bspot
06-08-2010, 01:01 AM
I'm friends with one of them, and I don't want to give any personal details but one of the partners wants out and the other one has a very busy life right now and is already spending more time at the shop than he'd like, so he's decided he won't go ahead alone.

Too bad, as I could totally trust those guys to be honest. I too am at a total loss of where to go now.

Joe-G
06-08-2010, 01:07 AM
That sucks! Jim and Howard were very helpful and whatnot...
:( :(

taemo
06-08-2010, 08:25 AM
sad to see them going.. i actually liked their shop and they were pretty reasonable and patient.

where to go now for service?

5G_celica
06-08-2010, 08:28 AM
sad news for sure. they were great to deal with.

Crymson
06-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Oh man, that sucks SO much.

syeve
06-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by bspot
I too am at a total loss of where to go now.

Let me know if you find a good place. :thumbsup:

What are your thoughts on Tunedub?

nj2Type-S
06-08-2010, 09:07 AM
yeah, i don't know where to go now and i' m definitely not going to get my car serviced at the dealership. i'm going to miss option import. :(

7thgenvic
06-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Shoot. I was just about to call them and get my clutch changed. ERRG! :(

R-Audi
06-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by syeve

Tunedub is Awesome for VW/Audi stuff.. been going there since it opened. (OEM repairs and aftermarket support)

Actually no, it sucks.. stay away. I used to be able to get in within a few days.. now its slightly longer. (Still less then most other places.. but it was like having a personal mechanic at the start!)

option-import
06-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Yes the rumours are true... we are closing to pursue personal objectives. We would like to thank all our great customers for the support over the last 3 years. Good luck with all your car servicing needs and any other endeavors.

Jim and Howard

max_boost
06-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by soloracer
It's a shame they couldn't stay open. They were extremely honest and trustworthy - both with the workmanship and the invoice. I gave them as much business as I could and gave them many referrals. In the end it seems that it wasn't enough. Like the rest of you guys I'm not sure now where I will go to get my NSX worked on.

Yeah disappointing for sure. Let me know where you get your NSX serviced.

nj2Type-S
06-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by option-import
Yes the rumours are true... we are closing to pursue personal objectives. We would like to thank all our great customers for the support over the last 3 years. Good luck with all your car servicing needs and any other endeavors.

Jim and Howard

i hate you guys! :cry: :cry: :cry:

ArjayAquino
06-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by option-import

Jim and Howard

Good luck on your future endeavors!

911fever
06-08-2010, 11:50 AM
www.kuksshop.com
Tel: (403) 226 9491
Cell: (403) 618 3946

another great shop to service your imports at, now that Option Import is closing.
Kuks experience dates back from 1990 and his involvement in Motorsports has been extensive. From working with the FIA as a Scrutineer for the acclaimed Safari Rally to working as a Mechanic and providing services for World Rally Teams, Regional Rally Teams and National Rally Teams.
Building race, rally and road cars from scratch - upgrading and developing suspension, clutch, transmission, engine and engine management parts and systems.

Extensive R&D in developing prototype projects and taking them to testing stages and completion. Successfully set up and competed in various forms of motorsports.

he's awesome.

taemo
06-08-2010, 01:31 PM
^ he's located in the middle of no where.. but I might check it out once my car is due for service next.

jdmsource
06-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by taemo
^ he's located in the middle of no where.. but I might check it out once my car is due for service next.
he has taken over A1 Parts for Less and does some work out of there aswell out of there for those that dont want to venture out of town where his main shop is:thumbsup:

bspot
06-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by syeve

I've never been, but it sounds like the place to try.

Dumb question, but I hate changing my own oil and Jim would always order in the Amsoil Euro formula for me. Any other oil change shop I can get that stuff?

911fever
06-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by taemo

He's an incredible mechanic, he worked at BMW for years too, he has Aston Martin's, Porsche's, and tons of Euro's he's always fixing. I took all my BMW's to him, and so did my parents and all their friends. Highly recommend him.

vengie
06-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by 911fever
www.kuksshop.com
Tel: (403) 226 9491
Cell: (403) 618 3946

another great shop to service your imports at, now that Option Import is closing.
Kuks experience dates back from 1990 and his involvement in Motorsports has been extensive. From working with the FIA as a Scrutineer for the acclaimed Safari Rally to working as a Mechanic and providing services for World Rally Teams, Regional Rally Teams and National Rally Teams.
Building race, rally and road cars from scratch - upgrading and developing suspension, clutch, transmission, engine and engine management parts and systems.

Extensive R&D in developing prototype projects and taking them to testing stages and completion. Successfully set up and competed in various forms of motorsports.

he's awesome.

That is one HELL of a hike for me, seeing as how I live deep S.W :s However if they are trust worthy it'd be worth a try. They seem to know their stuff based on their website

911fever
06-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by vengie

That is one HELL of a hike for me, seeing as how I live deep S.W :s However if they are trust worthy it'd be worth a try. They seem to know their stuff based on their website

He's awesome. Just call him and talk to him, he'll be able to help you guaranteed with your car, no problem.

nj2Type-S
06-08-2010, 03:55 PM
dang, any other good places to go to in the SW area? i live around somerset and it'd be nice if it were close to home.

i miss option import already, lol. :banghead:

Clever
06-08-2010, 04:11 PM
+1 in the SW as well, need a new shop now that they are closing.

All the best to Jim and Howard, thanks for the great service.

three.eighteen.
06-09-2010, 12:33 PM
ok, so where's the new trustworthy, aftermarket friendly honda mechanic? i need to know cus my clutch is dying

Impreza
06-09-2010, 12:57 PM
^Howard installed a new clutch in my S2000 for a fraction of the cost compared to other shops I got quotes from. I can't think of many other aftermarket friendly Honda shops, speedtech?

I seriously am going to miss this shop!! It's too bad, but at least they are going out on their own terms and it's not because business is bad, etc.

01RedDX
06-09-2010, 01:07 PM

nj2Type-S
06-09-2010, 01:08 PM
jim/howard,

if ever you guys decide on opening up another shop, please let us know! i'm stressing out even just at the thought of me having to go to the dealership for service, lol!

option import's prices are always lower than the competition and they're the only place that i go to and was NEVER worried about my car being damaged or whatever.

anhsicun
06-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
jim/howard,

if ever you guys decide on opening up another shop, please let us know! i'm stressing out even just at the thought of me having to go to the dealership for service, lol!

option import's prices are always lower than the competition and they're the only place that i go to and was NEVER worried about my car being damaged or whatever.

+1, i have done all my servicing and repair there, so sad that their closing down.

anyways, does Kuksshop allow people to bring in their own parts?

911fever
06-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by anhsicun

+1, i have done all my servicing and repair there, so sad that their closing down.

anyways, does Kuksshop allow people to bring in their own parts?

He does, he's super reasonable. He has guys bring in aftermarket stuff for their 911 turbo's and he'll do it for them.

nj2Type-S
06-10-2010, 07:25 AM
^how is he with regular cars? lol.

911fever
06-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
^how is he with regular cars? lol.

He worked his way up with regular cars, then got into the rally and tracking performance area. He's very good with imports, I took my BMW's, Infiniti's, my friend took his Acura and Lexus to him, he's really good. Just give him a call, it's worth it

nj2Type-S
06-10-2010, 01:31 PM
^i'll give him a shout when my next service is due. thanks!