PDA

View Full Version : Eminem - Recovery

InLoveWitRSX
06-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Anyone heard his CD yet? Just downloaded it today and he definately redeemed himself from his last 2 albums.

I'm only on track 5 but its bangin' so far.

"This time around it's different
Them last two albums didn't count
Encore I was on drugs and on Relapse I was flushing them out
I've come to make it up to ya now no more ****ing around
I got something to prove to fans cause I feel like I let em down
So please accept my apology I finally feel like I'm back to normal
I feel like me again
Let me formally reintroduce myself to you for those of you who don't know
The new me is back to the old me and homie I don't show no
Signs of slowing down....... "

toyboy88
06-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Mediafire link for those interested, prob get taken down soon, but worked for me as of 5 min ago:

http://www.mediafire.com/?irmdlf5zhod

Kavy
06-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
Mediafire link for those interested, prob get taken down soon, but worked for me as of 5 min ago:

http://www.mediafire.com/?irmdlf5zhod

Thats not his recovery album, Recovery has 16 tracks and isn't remixes of old songs.

jasher_19
06-07-2010, 08:37 PM
this link (http://hotfile.com/dl/47030029/3900682/Eminem-Recovery-2010.rar.html)

88CRX
06-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Most of it's on youtube.... sounds wicked so far.

dubol
06-07-2010, 09:53 PM
:werd: this album is awesome

Schwa
06-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm tired of this guy. Way better stuff out there. He keeps rapping about the same old boring shit. We get it, you have/had a drug problem, you hate your ex, blah blah blah.

Kavy
06-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Schwa
I'm tired of this guy. Way better stuff out there. He keeps rapping about the same old boring shit. We get it, you have/had a drug problem, you hate your ex, blah blah blah.

Lil wayne is that you?

GenerationX
06-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Eminem is still sick... Not Afraid, just murders it.

flamboyant
06-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Kavy

Lil wayne is that you?

ironically, he is also in the album

sabad66
06-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Pretty good cd so far.. I love how he disses his last cd so much lol

Cinderella man is pretty good

petoria
06-08-2010, 09:39 AM
wow...finally eminem is back!!!

GOnSHO
06-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by jasher_19
this link (http://hotfile.com/dl/47030029/3900682/Eminem-Recovery-2010.rar.html)

says itll take 5255 DAYS to dl...

then cancelled itself.. guess im waiting til the CD comes out

nonlinear
06-08-2010, 11:55 AM

seriously? i think that technically, he is the best rapper that has ever existed. period.

nonlinear
06-08-2010, 11:56 AM
also, for those looking, there are several versions on demonoid. and no, i don't have any more invites :(

5hift
06-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by GOnSHO

says itll take 5255 DAYS to dl...

then cancelled itself.. guess im waiting til the CD comes out

worked for me in only 2 minutes

DJ Lazy
06-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

worked for me in only 2 minutes

:werd: only checked out 2-3 tracks this morning. Seems pretty decent. Eminem is about the only rap I listen too.

GOnSHO
06-08-2010, 01:52 PM
got the whole cd now.. SOO SICK!!

listened tot he whole cd about 3 times now..

new video for afraid is sweet too:

http://www.eminem.com/notafraid/

Schwa
06-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

seriously? i think that technically, he is the best rapper that has ever existed. period.

Technically, perhaps. I guess I was commenting more on the subject matter of his raps.

nonlinear
06-08-2010, 02:14 PM

Technically, perhaps. I guess I was commenting more on the subject matter of his raps.

yea i see what you're saying

nonlinear
06-08-2010, 09:53 PM
i kinda listened to it once, and have to admit that i'm not really feeling it like some of you are. the first song is pretty good, but I think the problem is that eminem excels at dark and dreary bangers, not slow ballads with uplifting lyrics. seriously, some of these songs are terrible. it's not the subject matter, or the positive spin on things, it's just that the approach seems wack.

and IMO, relapse was a 3957779793573495734085-038 times better album.

maybe the album will grow on me, but i'm really kinda disappointed with this one.

hb2k
06-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Ive listened to the album a few times. I have a few songs I like. But what happened to the sick beats and songs you can just jam out to? I still bump some "Drug ballad", "Business" and many other songs from his previous albums.

He keeps apologizing to the fans for his last 2 albums. I can understand what he's saying with encore, but Relapse was sick IMO.

If you listen through "Marshal Mathers LP" and "The Eminem Show" there is very little or no accents at all and they are solid albums front to back. Barely any filler songs. Those 2 albums made Eminem the highest selling artist of the last decade. That's a pretty impressive stat.

This new album is nothing like his classic greats. My solution is more sick dre beats with no accents :dunno:

nonlinear
06-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by hb2k
Ive listened to the album a few times. I have a few songs I like. But what happened to the sick beats and songs you can just jam out to? I still bump some "Drug ballad", "Business" and many other songs from his previous albums.

He keeps apologizing to the fans for his last 2 albums. I can understand what he's saying with encore, but Relapse was sick IMO.

If you listen through "Marshal Mathers LP" and "The Eminem Show" there is very little or no accents at all and they are solid albums front to back. Barely any filler songs. Those 2 albums made Eminem the highest selling artist of the last decade. That's a pretty impressive stat.

This new album is nothing like his classic greats. My solution is more sick dre beats with no accents :dunno:

this x 3298547397893274

i listened to it again last night, but I have to say that there are only 3 or possibly 4 good songs on the album. the rest are pretty much filler crap. also, i agree with the beats... about 75% of this album sounds like pop music that you would hear on vibe95. this is taking "sell out" to the extreme. and what's with track 2, where he is apologizing to kanye and lil wayne. fuck that!

i'm sorry, but there is much better light/positive hip hop out there (atmospohere, brother ali, living legends e.g.). em needs to go back to what he does best.

oilerfan4lyfe
06-09-2010, 05:14 PM
I don't think it's that good either...a couple of good songs - 25 to Life I liked the very first time I heard it. Definitely not as good as his older stuff like hb2k mentioned.

I also don't know wtf is up with the song that has pink in it...it sounds like rock music.

88CRX
06-09-2010, 10:23 PM
It's obvious that his new stuff is way more polished then the Slim Shady LP..... lots of pop-stars 'singing' the background shit (ie: the song with Pink in it). On top of that he's not some pissed off 20-something year old trying to make a name for himself anymore.

I agree the more I listen to it the more it's kinda blah. Couple great songs, couple fillers :dunno:

Travel_Dude
06-09-2010, 11:03 PM
This disc is EPIC!

smokedog
06-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Anyone have a link???

911fever
06-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I really like this album, much much better than Encore and Relapse. Destroys Encore.
Great songs include No Love, Won't Back Down, Space Bound (personal favorite), 25 to life, Love the Way you Lie isn't bad either

CMW403
06-10-2010, 11:36 AM
i kinda listened to it once, and have to admit that i'm not really feeling it like some of you are. the first song is pretty good, but I think the problem is that eminem excels at dark and dreary bangers, not slow ballads with uplifting lyrics. seriously, some of these songs are terrible. it's not the subject matter, or the positive spin on things, it's just that the approach seems wack.

and IMO, relapse was a 3957779793573495734085-038 times better album.

maybe the album will grow on me, but i'm really kinda disappointed with this one.

holy fuck did you ever hit the nail on the head with this post. iv come to realize that you and i are VERY much alike in terms of eminem.

this album is fucking bullshit. this is not eminem at all. apologizing to kanye and jizzweezy? what the fuck is that? is he going to start carrying a purse now?

this album seems like he's putting on a show just to sell.

iv been listening to eminem since his first album, for one reason and one reason only. it provides aggressive release. i was an angry teenager and if i didnt have songs filled with rape, murder and drugs i dont know where i'd be.

TeamBestBud
06-10-2010, 12:31 PM
I haven't heard the whole album yet but after seeing posts like this one^ I have to quote Jay Z "niggas want my old shit, buy my old albums"

JordanEG6
06-11-2010, 09:50 AM
I like this album.
It takes his full range and uses it to its full potential with zero bullshit.
The album IMO, isn't littered with garbage like his previous 2 albums. And Eminem knows that.

I like it because it's kind of like he's touching base with his old lyrical self and using it in a more mature and developed manner. That's my take on it.

I think Marshal and Slim LPs were great. In fact, the best ones. But really, people are complaining "That's not Em, he's not like this at all" and whatever, but honestly, you think someone who is like 38 years of age is still acting like he did in 1997? It's nice to see his lyrics develope into something more than just dissing boy-bands, Kim and his mom with angry slit-my-wrists lyrics.

Yeah that's who he was and what made him famous, but he's not the angry 24-25 year old Detroit kid demanding respect and attention, 'cause he's got it. He's got all the money and respect in the world, plus platinum recs on top, what else you gotta be mad at?

Artists grow and mature. You can say the same thing about ANY rapper whos been around - Snoop, Dre and Nas etc. They aren't going to produce a second Doggy Style, Chronic or Illmatic, because if you're pushing 40 and you're still trying to run that "gangsta shit" still, you end up looking pretty fucking lame.

And no one, not even Eminem, sells out as bad as O'Shea "Ice Cube - Are we there yet?" Jackson :rofl: :rofl:

nonlinear
06-11-2010, 10:10 AM
^^valid points

what do you think about the beats? i dunno, i can't stand listening to about 60% of it... IMO everything is waaaaaaay ultra overproduced. this is like Use Your Illusions meets Missy Elliot, on steroids. and then all of the autotune, pink, rhianna, etc. etc. etc. this shit is for 13 year old girls!!! :thumbsdow

when i want to hear cheesy uplifting rap music, i'd rather listen to this (e.g.):

jxUQ07NXB4c

6ScPoBEFl1Y

JordanEG6
06-11-2010, 10:39 AM
^^ Yes I could have done without Pink and Rhianna...and Lil Wayne, fucking hate Weezy.

That's the music industry sadly, if you want to sell records, you gotta keep up with the bullshit that people will buy. Rhianna, Weezy Pink and autotune and shit is hot to the top 40 listeners and majority of the masses that will buy music.

Some of it sucks, and I agree with you to an extent, but Em provides the best of both worlds with this without completely selling out. If I can name complete sell-out shit, it's 808s & Heartbreak.

Disoblige
06-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Space Bound is the best track on there IMO. Got tired of Not Afraid recently.

911fever
06-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Space Bound is the best track on there IMO. Got tired of Not Afraid recently.

I agree x2

KyleTA
06-12-2010, 07:49 AM
If you don't like this album, you are not a TRUE eminem fan.

His lyrics on this cd are insane, he has way more complicated rhymes and shows the skill that we haven't seen since slim shady lp/ MMlp.

This cd has no bullshit skits (ken kaniff/steve berman/paul/public service announcement). It doesn't have the token bullshit radio song that we all get sick of in a week (real slim shady-esque). W.T.P is close, but it is still a great song with some good puns.

I would agree that some of the songs have a shitty chorus to them, but I think he is showcasing his lyrical skill on this album rather than creating an overproduced teeny bopper bullshit disc.

The track "on fire" he even states "I just wrote a bullshit hook in between two long ass verses if you mistook this for a song, look"

Point is, if you like Eminem as an artist more than someone you can "jam out" to in your civic then you would see the skill on this album. If he rapped over one simple beat for the entire cd and had no hooks, no backup, no production of any kind... this would still be his best album since Marshall Mathers LP.

Don't get me wrong I have loved every single album he has released and have every underground/unreleased track that has ever leaked, but I think people need to look past the "frills" in music and listen to what is actually important in rap music... the lyrics!

Isaiah
06-12-2010, 08:30 AM
...i think that technically, he is the best rapper that has ever existed. period.
Unperiod. He's had some catchy beats, no question; and he can definitely throw down rhymes with a unique sound when he's on his game. If that's the criteria you're rating by, then maybe he's the best rapper ever. If you're judging by content, artistry, lyrical genius, potency, and message, I would argue that he doesn't make the top 3.

If you love Sesame Street, then Feist's 1 2 3 4 is the best song of all time and the woman is goddamn brilliant.

urbannomad
06-12-2010, 09:13 AM
His track with with Rihanna was dope! Can't stop listening to that...i mean it's a slow song, but em just killed it...can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup:

leftwing
06-12-2010, 11:34 AM
i think em is forsure the best rappper ever. He raps about real stuff like ex wives, parents, his shitty childhood. I hate when rappers rap about fuckin girls and drugs and stupid shit like that. you can feel the passion in eminems words. no one else has passion like him.

looking forward to this cd. havent heard it yet

urbannomad
06-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by leftwing
i think em is forsure the best rappper ever. He raps about real stuff like ex wives, parents, his shitty childhood. I hate when rappers rap about fuckin girls and drugs and stupid shit like that. you can feel the passion in eminems words. no one else has passion like him.

looking forward to this cd. havent heard it yet

The most "sim-shady" song on this track is W.T.P. and So Bad....but man, "So Bad" is really good!

nonlinear
06-13-2010, 03:23 PM
i've listened to it a few more times, and I have to say it's starting to grow on me a bit. i'm still a bit turned off by the really poppy tracks, and especially going through changes, no love, cinderella man, etc. cinderella man reminds me of the britney spears toxic record :rofl: and many of the tracks are just a bit too cheesy/sappy/soft for me. but it growing on me.

still have to say i was hoping for more insane murder and drug rap haha.

Disoblige
06-13-2010, 06:31 PM

still have to say i was hoping for more insane murder and drug rap haha.
From 'Recovery'? lol.

gam0s
06-14-2010, 04:12 PM
link?

rx7boi
06-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Pf5DBOj0SIc

88CRX
06-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by rx7boi
Pf5DBOj0SIc

:rofl:

Majestic12
06-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Worst song... Won't Back Down.

Not coincidentally, it also features Pink, who is the most useless person ever.

Kloubek
08-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by urbannomad
His track with with Rihanna was dope! Can't stop listening to that...i mean it's a slow song, but em just killed it...can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup:

In my opinion, it's a wicked song. I know that melody and a great signing voiice (Rihanna) isn't for everyone, but the track is excellent imo. The video with Megan Fox :drool: is good too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U

Lets try imbedding that:

uelHwf8o7_U

911fever
08-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Megan Fox is perfect imo. Perfect perfect 10. Minus her thumb, but still a 10.

psycoticclown
08-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Lol, is that Charlie from Lost in that video? Lucky bastard.

Hi-Psi
08-08-2010, 10:20 PM
This album is sick, hands down the best stuff Em has put out in years.

GQNammer
08-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Hi-Psi
This album is sick, hands down the best stuff Em has put out in years.

I can't go one day without listening to cinderella man, 25 to life, and love the way you lie; I've owned this album since day one it was released

hb2k
08-10-2010, 01:28 AM
My personal faves off the album are:

Love the way you lie
Cinderella Man
Space Bound (Went through this exact situation)
Almost Famous