PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/Blackberry company policy question

johnnybad1
06-08-2010, 09:56 AM
I have a dispute going re company iPhone personal use reimbursment and wondering if people could help by posting thier own company policy. Do companies require people to reimburse the company for excessive data charges etc.

Thanks.

hampstor
06-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Everyone here is given a company blackberry to use for work so I can't expense anything on my personal phone. It's probably best this way as it can be difficult to determine if data charges are work or personal.

However since i'm not a heavy phone/data user anyway, I was allowed to forward my personal phone # to my work # and now I use the company phone for work/personal. I still have to pay Rogers the $17/month for the call forwarding in order to keep my old # (i've had it for about 12 years so i'm not willing to lose it).

Thaco
06-08-2010, 10:50 AM
be glad your company let you get an iphone, my company we can only have 1 standard POS BB and there's no tethering or anything, so even there's no risk of going over on data.

MilanoRedTeg
06-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
be glad your company let you get an iphone, my company we can only have 1 standard POS BB and there's no tethering or anything, so even there's no risk of going over on data.

Same

Proyecto2000
06-08-2010, 09:38 PM
My work gives me an iphone with the 1gig data plan. I always watch the data counter and make sure not to go over it ;)

rage2
06-08-2010, 10:23 PM
We had a guy rack up $1200 of international roaming on the company phone. He had to pay for it.

Davetronz
06-08-2010, 10:35 PM
My phone isn't a requirement of my job, but I'm allowed to expense a flat rate per month for my personal cell since I use it for e-mail and texting with my team...