PDA

View Full Version : Clutch is acting really weird... =(

Little Dragon
06-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Hey guys car is a 2001 325i,

The clutch on the car is acting REALLY weird right now. Let me explain...

Before, the friction point for the clutch was pretty far out, about 3 inches from the clutch stop.
But now the clutch engages almost as soon as I let go of the clutch pedal, maybe 0.5-1 inch from the clutch stop.

And if I leave the car in neutral while idling or driving in gear, there is a vibration felt throughout the clutch pedal and shift knob. More strongly in the clutch though.
After this happened about 5 mins after driving there was a smell that could be smelt in the cabin and engine compartment; it was like burning rubber. Because the friction point was so close now, I had to ride the clutch a little while going up my driveway and my brother saw some smoke come from under the engine.

Clutch right now feels like a race clutch, pretty sweet but I'd like to fix this problem ASAP.

Any ideas what it could be?
I'll be taking a look under the car this weekend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hopefully its not going to break my wallet.

Also, I did the CDV delete a couple of months back. Quite some time ago but I thought I would throw that out there.

-TL

revelations
06-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Burning clutch smell could be mistaken for burn rubber... sounds like your clutch isnt disengaging properly anymore.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Or its not auto adjusting properly.