PDA

View Full Version : Window Tint ticket?

jonfoo
06-08-2010, 11:52 AM
OK so i searched up previous threads, and i guess its just illegal to tint the fronts regardless of how dark it is. However i've also discovered that its covered in sec 69(1) of the vehicle laws on my ticket the officer marked 72(3) can i get off the hook?

72(3) A self-propelled implement of husbandry must have a rear view mirror that gives the driver a clear view of the roadway behind the implement of husbandry and of any other vehicle approaching from behind.

btw the cop was from drumheller and gave me the ticket in chestemere, so i wanna know if its even worth my time to drive out and fight it ($57 dollar ticket)

bituerbo
06-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Mail in the ticket with a picture of your rearview mirror clearly showing husbandry and you should be good.

Tomaz
06-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Fight it. You might get away with it. My understanding would be that your tint was dark enough to impede vision behind you.

It is a stretch, but i guess he could give you a ticket for it.

Take it to the crown, see what happens?

$57? Just pay it.

nonlinear
06-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz

$57? Just pay it.

no shit, i mean you can almost find that much money in yo9ur couch.

scat330
06-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Love the people saying pay it - if it's the wrong charge, it'll get thrown out! Simple.

narou
06-08-2010, 03:53 PM
You should have the choice of Drumheller or Strathmore on that ticket if you got it in Chestermere.

Tomaz
06-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by scat330
Love the people saying pay it - if it's the wrong charge, it'll get thrown out! Simple.

the right charge can be $115, i'll take the 50% saving over driving to drumheller anytime!

scat330
06-08-2010, 06:02 PM

the right charge can be $115, i'll take the 50% saving over driving to drumheller anytime!

You're still bitter about your dick cop and double fine, for each of the windows

:rofl:

phil98z24
06-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by jonfoo
OK so i searched up previous threads, and i guess its just illegal to tint the fronts regardless of how dark it is. However i've also discovered that its covered in sec 69(1) of the vehicle laws on my ticket the officer marked 72(3) can i get off the hook?

btw the cop was from drumheller and gave me the ticket in chestemere, so i wanna know if its even worth my time to drive out and fight it ($57 dollar ticket)

1) That is for rear view mirrors, and has nothing to do with tint. At all. That is the completely wrong charging section.

2) Call them and ask what you can do. It should be automatically thrown out.

luxor
06-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Fight it. You might get away with it. My understanding would be that your tint was dark enough to impede vision behind you.

There is not limit to how dark the rear windows can be. You can roll in 1% tint and still be 100% street legal. The only thing that allows you to have rear window tints is if you have side mirrors.

70 (2) A person shall not install, replace or cover the rear window glazing in a motor vehicle with a transparent, translucent or opaque material unless the motor vehicle has outside rear view mirrors on both the left and right that comply with section 74(2).

This is actually what it says in the TSA (Vehicle Equipment Regulation) that I'm looking at for 72 (3):

72 (3) A person shall not operate a motor vehicle on a highway unless
the windshield and window glazing comply with sections 70 and 71.

That is quite different from the charge that you found, but this one actually sounds like the law that you allegedly broke.

http://www.qp.alberta.ca/574.cfm?page=2009_122.cfm&leg_type=Regs&isbncln=9780779741847

rampagesauce
06-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by scat330

going to fight it and "winning" can still cost you more in gas money and missing work. paying fine> loss money from work

luxor
06-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by rampagesauce

going to fight it and "winning" can still cost you more in gas money and missing work. paying fine> loss money from work

This may be true for a $57 ticket, but there are people here who use the same arguments for $172+ tickets.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather miss work and save $172 than working for my $172 that will all go straight to the government anyways. If I come out with even paying half of $172 at $86, that is $86 that I didn't have to work to make and pay the government. Sure I don't get paid that day at work either, but I can have a day off to relax and keep my $86. Make sense?

jonfoo
06-08-2010, 09:53 PM
this affect my record in anyway?

403ep3
06-08-2010, 10:00 PM
wow, really?

Yeah it's on your record and you get 2 demerits taken off.

derran.m
06-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3
wow, really?

Yeah it's on your record and you get 2 demerits taken off.

??? IIRC Tint tickets are just a fine, no demerits ... just an equipment issue, not a moving violation .... Phil or DayGlow want to confirm this?

gretz
06-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by derran.m

??? IIRC Tint tickets are just a fine, no demerits ... just an equipment issue, not a moving violation .... Phil or DayGlow want to confirm this?

broken sarcasm detector... ^^

no demerits...

luxor
06-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by gretz

broken sarcasm detector... ^^

no demerits...

What I've noticed on beyond as a regular trend is that you need to make your sarcastic comments VERY VERY obvious. Most of the time doing so would just take the sarcasm out but that what you have to do.

:rolleyes: