PDA

View Full Version : Re: Oil Filter Fell Off (two Months Ago)

vtec96
12-14-2003, 12:57 PM
As you may recall, I took my RSX to the dealership for its first service (8000 km). This service included an oil filter change. Later that day, as I was driving on the freeway, the oil filter fell off and almost all of the oil leaked out.

After I had the car towed in, the dealershipˇ¦s service manager decided to have the engine examined for damage (at their expense). They dropped the oil pan, removed the cylinder head, and conducted compression and leakdown tests. They said that they couldnˇ¦t find any damage.

I consulted Acura Canada and they told me that I was entitled to an explanation from the dealership. They also advised me to obtain it in writing in case anything goes wrong with the engine in the future. I retained a lawyer to assist me and the dealership has now provided a written explanation. The service manager has assured me that the dealership and Acura Canada will accept full responsibility if any damage appears in the future. ( 7 years Extend warranty..)

thanks for everyone's help~
:clap:

sxtasy
12-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Nice to hear them take some responsibility:thumbsup:
sounds like you dealt with the problem well.

Illusionsir
12-14-2003, 03:19 PM
how the hell did they not tighten the filter enough?!?!?! for it to fall off they must have just threaded it on and gave it one turn...

Weapon_R
12-14-2003, 04:00 PM
Great outcome...

They gave you a 7 year extended warranty? Or did you already have that?

TalonVelocity
12-14-2003, 04:11 PM
g0g0 acura

rice_eater
12-14-2003, 08:37 PM
do a quick compression test by yourself anyways...just to make sure!

hjr
12-14-2003, 08:38 PM
thats awsome. great to hear about a good dealer. Soo many stories talk about bad ones...

ZMan2k2
12-15-2003, 08:06 AM
Sounds like you handled that well, and didn't come off like a jerk at the dealership. They spent the extra time, and gave you full co-operation when fixing and giving you the extended warranty. Good job man, a little respect gets the same in return.:thumbsup:

Roaring G60
12-15-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
do a quick compression test by yourself anyways...just to make sure!

Just to let you know when an oil filter falls off the posible damage would most like not be detected by a compression test, because oil usaully isn't flowing into the combustion chamber. Some parts that would be suspect are main and rod bearings,oil pump, camshaft and followers.....

rice_eater
12-15-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Roaring G60

Just to let you know when an oil filter falls off the posible damage would most like not be detected by a compression test, because oil usaully isn't flowing into the combustion chamber. Some parts that would be suspect are main and rod bearings,oil pump, camshaft and followers.....

what am i saying:banghead: my bad:whipped:

fast_cars
12-15-2003, 12:26 PM
thats really good!!
good to hear about it!!

vtec96
12-15-2003, 11:44 PM
Thanks everyone !! After almost two moths..finally I got my baby back,,,and They gave me a 7 year extended warranty !!
but ..I think I might be in the BLACK LIST in that dealership..:banghead:

rage2
12-15-2003, 11:47 PM
Is this Jessica's brother?

vtec96
12-16-2003, 12:06 AM
ya~~~so you are the co-worker ??:thumbsup:
haa...Nice to meet you~

rage2
12-16-2003, 07:08 AM
haha ya, she comes up to me at work and starts asking me about beyond, I'm like WTF? :) redec works here too, and kenny used to work here as well.

She mentioned your incident about the extended warranty. Cool that you got everything taken care of.