PDA

View Full Version : Can't Decide... IS-F, M3, Z06

Kartelli
06-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Looking for some pro's/con's to each vehicle. I've done alot of homework for 6 months on all cars, just can't decide with which to pull the trigger on.

Background: Traded a Stage 2.5 Sti for a 07 Lexus IS350 full load. Very bored with the IS350 with the lack of aftermarket support in the performance category. Need to get back to my performance roots.

09 M3: Refinement + Power + Aftermarket support. Price range is the highest of the 3 at 75k+. Can't arrange a test drive with any of the BMW dealerships in Edmonton or Calgary, just a no go on their end.

08 IS-F: Should have gone with this option in the first place, love the way it drives/feels. Had a 2 hr test drive and couldn't stop smiling. Very good bang for buck in the M3/RS4/IS-F shootout at 60k. No aftermarket support just yet, suffers from the same "non-tunable" ecu as the is350 (has not been hacked yet). Best of both worlds performance/luxury with the mark levinson sound system and lexus navi. 5.0L V8 bulletproof design w/ 8 speed auto tranny. the 5.0L mustang crew (2010) would be proud of this japanese build.

06-08 Z06 vette: In the last 3 months, the more I read + the test drive of an 07 z06 has this vehicle much ahead of the pack. All out, balls the walls blast to drive. Could see myself keeping this vehicle for years, potentially upgrading to the ZR1 or beyond as the prices drop. Engine/Tranny are solid... rest of the GM parts + cheapie interior are not. I could see things falling apart asthetically, but not much reported mechanically as per my research.

Just can't decide, Lexus is offering a great trade up for the IS350 into the IS-F straight across. GM will require some massaging to accept the IS350 on a trade. I've tried dealing with Nicholson Chevy and it was by far the worst experience in my life regarding savage pressure tactics to sign a bill of sale without a test drive / financing details (07 Silver z06 with 7k on the clock).

What do you guys think?

SRT
06-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Ask actual owners, not fanboys.

www.6speedonline.com

max_boost
06-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Easy. Buy any one. Don't like it? Sell it and get another one. Rinse and repeat.

benyl
06-09-2010, 04:25 PM
IS-F has no aftermarket. That would be the deal killer for me.

Z06 is not practical.

TomcoPDR
06-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Easy. Buy any one. Don't like it? Sell it and get another one. Rinse and repeat.

That's only for dating man... OP's trying to find a car he can fall in love with.

VWEvo
06-09-2010, 04:29 PM
M3, awesome aftermarket support, great tuners both local and abroad, and best of all, just an amazing car!!!!

Weapon_R
06-09-2010, 04:33 PM
ZO6 if you are okay with the 2 seats.

TYMSMNY
06-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Kartelli

09 M3: Refinement + Power + Aftermarket support. Price range is the highest of the 3 at 75k+. Can't arrange a test drive with any of the BMW dealerships in Edmonton or Calgary, just a no go on their end.

surprised they don't have one for test drive...

I'd go with either the M3 or ISF... leaning more towards the M3 though.

r3ccOs
06-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Z06 would be fun, but the interior really kills it for me... haven't driven one, but I do like the styling

ZR1 if u're baller! lol but I really would heistate driving that widow maker

Practile & fun is where I would place the C63 AMG... I love the styling, the prestige, quality and most of all.. power

On the track it may not be the Z06 or M3, but does it matter so much when you're just spirited every day driving?

I loved that car, but surprisingly enough my other buddy's CLK 55 AMG I think may have been quicker

the IS-F I think is a mistake :( the IS350 though is pretty good value for a nicely pakaged car, but other than price the IS-F just isn't in the same territory as the C63, RS4/6, M3

CSMRX7
06-09-2010, 04:44 PM
I was in a similar boat but was also considering the C63. The Z06 although probably the best for pure performance was out for practicality, as I wanted something I could DD. Also I prefer the handling of the M3 on the track. More of a finese car instead of a point and shoot drive.

If I was looking for a car I would never take to the track it would have been between the C63 and the ISF, and I probably would have gotten the C63 as it is more exciting.

In the end I got an M3 sedan. Practical and fun. Great on the track and on the comute the next day!

MGCM
06-09-2010, 04:48 PM
I have always loved the new C6 and Z06 Corvettes, I've driven both but only in a parking lot lol. I agree the lack of appealing interior is a bit of a bullet to bite, my Cobalt was the same thing but in the end I was after performance. If you have a 2nd vehicle to drive(i'm assuming you do) then who cares about bullet biting Vette interior. Also, FYI the Vette 6spd manual gearbox is weaker than the automatic offered. The way they designed the gears, under heavy load the gears are trying to pull apart from each other and thus with added power you can easily drop a tranny and be out alot of coin. The auto tranny is apparently MUCH better and responds to added power very well. My source for all this is a GM tech that I knew a few years ago, he also thought about the 6spd manual but in the end when he bought his Vette he took the auto.

Get the vette :D mmmmmm power

Kartelli
06-09-2010, 05:02 PM
I think you guys hit it dead on. Car to fall in love with (like my STi). I see the z06 being a 5 year build / weekend warrior. I drove a 07 with 3k on the clock back in 08. Let her rip in 2nd gear on the highway, just a blast. I could justify a 50-60k price tag, but definitely no more than that. Then again stock interiors can be upgraded fairly easy. Recaro's + nice sound system and call it a day...

Enter IS-F / M3 territory.

I've had no experience with the M product line and very much love the sedan option. ESS makes great products, I can't see myself leaving it stock for more than a month. Any recommendations of people to deal with at the BMW dealer's here? Anyone care to offer the prices they paid for their M?

IS-F fit and finish is identical to my IS350, id give it a 9/10 other than the steering wheel (needs to be smaller). Maybe I'm biased after owning one for a year. Reliability hasn't been an issue with the highest mileage F's with over 80k on the clock.

Not looking to upgrade anymore, settle with 1 car and be done with it.

Appreciate all the insights!

CSMRX7
06-09-2010, 05:08 PM
If you are looking for 1 car I would stay away from the ESS SC. I may try to drive it a bit in the winter, but I think it will just be too much power.

When the car was stock it was great in the winter, and I drove it to Montana in the winter quite a bit even in storms.

As for locally your best bet would be to talk to redlinemr2 (Ryan) as he works at Gallery BMW.

bspot
06-09-2010, 05:18 PM
No question I would go with the Z06. You sound like you're after performance. The luxury of the IS350 wasn't enough to convince you that it was a good replacement for your STI.

Tunning a Z06 will be WAY cheaper than either of those, and if you take the Z06 up to the budget you would have spent on the M3 anyway you are going to have a FAST car.

max_boost
06-09-2010, 05:20 PM
I would go for the S4 then. AWD!

LEGiiT
06-09-2010, 07:59 PM
I say the M3. This is from a real owner. I've driven an IS-F before, and as you've said it's amazing. But I do think the M3 is much better in the amount of 'refinement' it has, as in the small things that make it awesome. There are a lot of aftermarket parts for this car, as well. Lower the suspension, put some 19" wheels on it like mine and an exhaust such as Eisenmann and it performs and sounds like an F1 car.

Another reason why I would say the M3, is that you said you'd go for an 09 and the other cars you listed are 08 and lower. Newer the better, I think. Plus M3's hold their value extremely well and they may be more rare as the 2012MY's are planned to have a Twin turbo V6. This is the first, and only M3 with a V8.

I would let you test drive it, but I just acquired it and regardless the good driver you may be, it's just a little too risky.

Graham_A_M
06-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Get the Vette. Seriously. I bought a Z4 over a Vette, and man that was a BAD idea. It takes quite honestly; bolt ons to make absolutely stupid power. All the while the engine isn't stressed and the fuel economy & reliability is awesome.
It would cost me $15k for a turbo kit to push over 450hp in my BMW. A C6 Z06 starts at 505, completely NA.

The dollar per performance value of a Vette is very very difficult to match. Sink $10k into one, and you'll have a land rocket on your hands. Not only that, but they hold their value very well. Check into a 10 year old Vette, to see how much its worth. Then Check into a 10 year old M3 or the like. :dunno:
Lastly; a corvette has a HUGE aftermarket following, and you can do all the work on it yourself. With all the other cars you mentioned; they require a plethora of specialized parts & software to mod or fix them. :thumbsdow

The only thing thats the deal killer for me with buying a Vette, is their typical holier then thou attitude. That kills it for me.

Kartelli
06-09-2010, 10:29 PM
I suppose it comes down to what the vehicle will end up being used for in the future... m3 with a supercharger will land in the same weekend warrior position as the z06. I've been following CSMRX7 build thread since he posted it, and as he states winter driving isn't an option anymore without a health hazard attached to it. LEGiiT/CSMRX7, could you see yourself keeping the car for 10+ years, or part ways with it once in the next gen M3's hit the market?

Appreciate all the feedback, everyone has valid points!

I do miss the raw feel of the STi and all the memories of just spending hrs tinkering with the car. Z06/M3 seems to fill that void just from the fan base / aftermarket support. IS-F will always be that reliable but 2nd best choice until the aftermarket community picks up.

Kartelli
06-09-2010, 10:35 PM
as much as I try to love the Merc brand, I can't pull the trigger on one. C63 is out of the running.

C4S
06-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Z06! :D

NightFX2
06-09-2010, 10:50 PM
I'd probably get the Z06, wicked fast for the price if you don't mind the interior.

Can't go wrong with an M3 though which is the better car in every way than the Z06 except power IMO.

2EFNFAST
06-09-2010, 10:58 PM
If you don't take the Z06 you must be ghey ... you arn't ghey, are you?

CHICHARITZHI
06-09-2010, 11:52 PM
what i like about the m3 was the body because it mixed up with alloy materials so u have nothing to worry about the rust..its good for car collection.

911fever
06-10-2010, 12:04 AM
I think the M3 or IS-F are both great choices.

Redlyne_mr2
06-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Having spent a lot of time in all 3 cars I can certainly tell you that they all have there pros and cons.

ISF- Super comfortable daily driver and great highway cruiser, brakes are awesome and the sound puts a smile to your face everytime you reach 3500 rpm. I found the suspension however to be a bit strange. The springs are to stiff for the dampers giving it weird handling and the 08's had that odd electronic differential, no true mechanical LSD. The transmission is also a weak point on that car, it needs some sort of smg/dsg tranny instead of the one it has. Although Lexus markets the car as a technological marvel it's actually pretty simple when compared to the technology in the m3.

z06 - Fast, handles well, has a manual transmission and a mechanical LSD. Simple and pure motoring at it's best. The car looks great and looks terrible at the same time. The reason I say terrible is because it's a Corvette and Corvettes are associated with grease ball red necks who wear gold chains. The interior is the biggest weak point on the car, sort of looks like a late 90s Camaro interior. If you are prepared to be a Corvette owner then it's the car for you.

M3 - It has a much more refined image than the Vette and ISF. The handling is amazing and there is a ton of feedback between the steering and the road. The DCT gear box and the manual are both fantastic tranmissions and BMW gives you the ability to add as many or as little options as you want to the car including choosing between a coupe or a sedan. There is a ton of aftermarket support as mentioned and the M3 has been around for several decades. The price is higher than the other 2 but it also has the most technology in it. The car isn't as tame as the ISF however and is much rougher on city streets.

I can arrange for a test drive on an m3, the problem is we no longer have any 2009s or even 2010s so it would have to be on a 2011. Have you thought of the new 335IS?

YamaLube
06-10-2010, 07:37 AM
www.hennesseyperformance.com/v700sale.html

rage2
06-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by SRT
Ask actual owners, not fanboys.

www.6speedonline.com
I think you're the only fanboy here. Many of us own these cars. :rofl:

I dunno why the Z06 is lumped in there. I mean, if you're looking for an outright sports car, the Z06 is the clear choice.

If you're looking for something that doubles as a daily driver, then choose between the IS-F and M3. The M3 is a winner for me against those 2 cars. I went with the C63. Torque wins for a daily driver. It's just too bad the car's out of the running. I'd be more than happy to show you the car and show you what it can do.

911fever
06-10-2010, 08:18 AM
OP, I've test driven the M3 and IS-F extensively, especially the E90 M3 (had it as a demo for a lowly week). Haven't driven the C63, but I've been a passenger in it.

The C63 sounds like a domestic, very loud, great sounding car with awesome looks. Solid interior, nice sound exiting corners, handling is taught. It feels balanced in corners and handles well, better interior than M3. .I personally find the seats in the C63 a bit too much for daily comfort... and exiting corners, too much tq and it fishtails like a Vette with bare tires, constantly. And the gas mileage is UNREAL bad. like 300km for $80 bucks.

IS-F drives harsh and feels heavy in corners. However, its transmission shifts wonderfully on sport mode (I don't think its DCT fast, but its good for a first gen Toyota), and its interior is top notch. Best navigation system and it handles arguably tighter than the C63. IMO. But the M3 outhandles it and is the true drivers car of the three. Best sound system of the three, and probably the most reliable (but we'll see).

M3 was the most balanced, best handling, best sports sedan of the three. It just felt so great to drive, transmission feels great too...feels more composed than the C63 and the IS-F (arguably on the IS-F to me, but that's my opinion). Only weakness, was low end torque wasn't as strong as the C63 or even the IS-F. Interior was plain, industrial is a good term. Seats weren't as good as previous M versions imo. Looks great though, but they are a dime a dozen now. Wasn't as bumpy to DD as the IS-F either.

I'd personally import an M3 or IS-F from the US, it's simple to do, and you'd buy one for like $45k-55k in the US, import it for $54k - $68k and drive it for a couple years and only lose like $3-6k versus buying it locally and losing minimum $8k-$12k. Plus, driving it up from the US would be a blast ;=)
Both the IS-F and M3 gas mileage isn't great either, but better than C63.

EDITED to reflect

CSMRX7
06-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Kartelli
I suppose it comes down to what the vehicle will end up being used for in the future... m3 with a supercharger will land in the same weekend warrior position as the z06. I've been following CSMRX7 build thread since he posted it, and as he states winter driving isn't an option anymore without a health hazard attached to it. LEGiiT/CSMRX7, could you see yourself keeping the car for 10+ years, or part ways with it once in the next gen M3's hit the market?

Appreciate all the feedback, everyone has valid points!

I do miss the raw feel of the STi and all the memories of just spending hrs tinkering with the car. Z06/M3 seems to fill that void just from the fan base / aftermarket support. IS-F will always be that reliable but 2nd best choice until the aftermarket community picks up.

I am toying with driving it in the winter again, but will likely get something else for the really cold or snowy days. My car is pretty low, and although it is still tame to drive the SC should be warmed up before driven in extreme cold which adds a bit of complexity to winter driving.

I have never owned a car for more than two years. When something new comes out I generally am tired of the car I have. I have had the M3 for about that long and am not tired of it. I could see myself keeping this car for quite some time, and unless the new m3 is lighter and out performs my M3 I won't be upgrading.

rage2
06-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by 911fever
Also, the manual tranny mode that "isn't really manual" (up shifts for you and will not let you downshift in certain circumstances).
It definately doesn't upshift for you. I dunno how many times I've smacked that rev limiter the first month I got the car.

Kartelli
06-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Manual is a strong factor in the decision as well as price point.

55-65k is the comfort zone for price. Going for an M3, would definitely want it fully loaded comparably to the IS-F. I still haven't seen any local cars in that price range just yet... Maybe once the 2011's roll out.

I have a couple of friends with the c63, test driving them wouldn't be an issue, perhaps I should look into the vehicle abit more.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/Ahmed_Janahi/GGT%2022-11-09/IMG_8852.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/Ahmed_Janahi/GGT%2022-11-09/IMG_8840.jpg

Just makes me smile everytime!

benyl
06-10-2010, 08:52 AM
The problem with the M3 is getting it serviced. That was one of the big factors of why I got the C63 over the M3.

That and the 335 with a tune is faster than a stock M3 in a straight line here in Calgary. For DD, the suspension on the 335 is fine.

I am looking at replacing my 335. I love the torque of the C63 and am looking more closely at a 335d. With a tune, a 335d gets 300 hp to the wheels and over 500 lbft!!! (if I am not mistaken).

Another car that I would be looking at right now is the latest CTS-V.

Kartelli
06-10-2010, 08:54 AM
couple more..

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/jaugerinos/matte.jpg

CSMRX7
06-10-2010, 09:00 AM
If you are ok with an sub par interior, and the red neck reputation of the vette and are ok with a winter DD then definately go with the vette.

I definately thought about it, but got vito from the wife :D

CSMRX7
06-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by benyl
The problem with the M3 is getting it serviced. That was one of the big factors of why I got the C63 over the M3.

That and the 335 with a tune is faster than a stock M3 in a straight line here in Calgary. For DD, the suspension on the 335 is fine.

I am looking at replacing my 335. I love the torque of the C63 and am looking more closely at a 335d. With a tune, a 335d gets 300 hp to the wheels and over 500 lbft!!! (if I am not mistaken).

Another car that I would be looking at right now is the latest CTS-V.

I haven't had the same experience with BMW servicing as others. But I can understand why you would consider a non-bmw purchase after some of the stories. I have always been able to get my car in for service quickly and had good experience with the work.

911fever
06-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by rage2

It definately doesn't upshift for you. I dunno how many times I've smacked that rev limiter the first month I got the car.

http://www.motivemag.com/pub/feature/versus/Motive_Versus_BMW_M3_Sedan_vs_Mercedes-Benz_C63_AMG_vs_Lexus_IS-F.shtml

A high-flow solenoid works with IS-F–specific shift programming to change gears in just 0.1 seconds, only five hundredths of a second slower than a Formula 1 transmission. When controlled via two steering wheel-mounted paddles, it's the most impressive automatic we've ever driven. Shifts feel as urgent and seamless as in any dual-clutch gearbox we've used, so they don't upset the chassis and hardly disturb power delivery. However, Lexus's programming isn't as clairvoyant as AMG's. In full automatic mode, it holds a higher gear through corners and doesn't downshift without heavy throttle inputs. Normal "drive" is best left out on the street.

In full manual mode, the IS-F's transmission won't upshift automatically at redline as in many cars, including the Mercedes. While we respect Lexus for that decision, it's problematic for first-time drivers of the car. With a helmet on, the 5.0-liter V-8's overwhelming intake noise never changes its tone, so there's no audible warning to shift, other than a short beep that chimes in too late. A hard rev limiter cuts in abruptly as if to signify an epic fail. Luckily, most of the IS-F's power lives lower in the range, so shifting early as a preventative measure doesn't hurt lap times.

benyl
06-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by CSMRX7

I haven't had the same experience with BMW servicing as others. But I can understand why you would consider a non-bmw purchase after some of the stories. I have always been able to get my car in for service quickly and had good experience with the work.

It is hit or miss really.

I've had it take 2 days to do an oil change.

I've had it take 4 hours to change 6 fuel injectors (Not easy to do).

benyl
06-10-2010, 09:20 AM

In full manual mode, the IS-F's transmission won't upshift automatically at redline as in many cars, including the Mercedes.

You source is incorrect.

In Manual Mode, the car will bounce off the rev-limiter. It's happened to me many times when I forget that I am in Manual mode... haha

rage2
06-10-2010, 09:41 AM
In full manual mode, the IS-F's transmission won't upshift automatically at redline as in many cars, including the Mercedes.

Originally posted by benyl
You source is incorrect.

In Manual Mode, the car will bounce off the rev-limiter. It's happened to me many times when I forget that I am in Manual mode... haha
:werd:

We both have a c63. 100% sure.

911fever
06-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by rage2

:werd:

We both have a c63. 100% sure.

weird hey, how an auto magazine is wrong. I've never driven one so I wouldn't know. I believe you guys though haha
did either of you drive the E90 M3 or IS-F or was it straight to the C63?

bspot
06-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by LEGiiT
I say the M3. This is from a real owner. I've driven an IS-F before, and as you've said it's amazing. But I do think the M3 is much better in the amount of 'refinement' it has, as in the small things that make it awesome. There are a lot of aftermarket parts for this car, as well. Lower the suspension, put some 19" wheels on it like mine and an exhaust such as Eisenmann and it performs and sounds like an F1 car.

Another reason why I would say the M3, is that you said you'd go for an 09 and the other cars you listed are 08 and lower. Newer the better, I think. Plus M3's hold their value extremely well and they may be more rare as the 2012MY's are planned to have a Twin turbo V6. This is the first, and only M3 with a V8.

I would let you test drive it, but I just acquired it and regardless the good driver you may be, it's just a little too risky.

Performs like an F1 car? :rofl:

Translation of your post:

Hey everyone! I have an M3. Not only that, it's the best M3 ever. You should get wheels of the exact same size and type as mine because it's the best looking M3 ever. It even works with my bluetooth earpiece! My fingerless driving gloves grip the wheel quite nicely. The next M3 isn't going to be nearly as good as my M3, because it's the best car ever!!!

Good to know douches are still buying these things and keeping the stigma alive.

you&me
06-10-2010, 11:12 AM

weird hey, how an auto magazine is wrong. I've never driven one so I wouldn't know. I believe you guys though haha

I can't believe you tried to use a magazine article to argue against owners... and you haven't even driven one! :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
06-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Yep, Ive bounced off the rev limiter in the ISF in manual mode at Race City many times as well. It's strange I found the tranny to be a bit delayed, I would have to do a little bit of guessing and shift early because if I shifted anywhere close to redline the system isn't quick enough and I'd hit the rev limiter. :dunno:

rc2002
06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Plus M3's hold their value extremely well and they may be more rare as the 2012MY's are planned to have a Twin turbo V6. This is the first, and only M3 with a V8.

I think that remains to be seen. Overall market sentiment towards the TT V6 is still unknown. It may affect value of the V8 positively or negatively.

One thing to keep in mind is that BMW keeps outdoing itself on it's M cars. Just look at what happened to the E46 M3. It's almost completely outdated already.

The Corvette doesn't get resdesigned as often as the other cars being compared in this thread (it's only on it's 6th generation since the 1950's). Even without the constant updating, it still manages to hold it's own against the competition performance-wise. Exterior looks are subjective but if you don't mind the stigma that comes with one, I think it's best of class aesthetically. Even the C5 designs still look recent. Plus it actually looks like a sports car (instead of a performance variant of an entry level luxury car).

If you want anything other than looks or performance, the Corvette is out of the question. The ride quality is worst of the bunch (unless you get the base model), turning radius rivals a monster truck, interior is poor, it only has two seats, and it's not winter driveable.

*edit*
One more minor thing to add - the paint on the Corvette is fantatastic. It's very resistant to rock chips.

911fever
06-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by you&me

I can't believe you tried to use a magazine article to argue against owners... and you haven't even driven one! :rofl:

oh I'm not arguing against owners whatsoever. I was just stating its weird how a car magazine made that mistake, but I believe the owners > car reviewers anyday

rage2
06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
I've driven all 3.

Lower the suspension, put some 19" wheels on it like mine and an exhaust such as Eisenmann and it performs and sounds like an F1 car.
:rofl:

Never been to an F1 race before have you? Watch the Ferrari FXX's lap around before the F1 cars do. It's not even a comparison at all. Unless you're comparing a F1 car under a safety car period haha.

Mitsu3000gt
06-10-2010, 01:35 PM
M3, C63, RS4, or ISF unless literally the only thing you care about is more performance if you're at race city, then go for the Z06. I bet a C63 would give you a similar rush in a straight line, and you get all the practicality and luxury that goes with it.

Most importantly, drive them all for yourself.

kolumbo69
06-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Z06 check corvetteforum.com do your own research I have yet to here of any tranny problems in a z06...

VWEvo
06-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by bspot

Performs like an F1 car? :rofl:

Translation of your post:

Hey everyone! I have an M3. Not only that, it's the best M3 ever. You should get wheels of the exact same size and type as mine because it's the best looking M3 ever. It even works with my bluetooth earpiece! My fingerless driving gloves grip the wheel quite nicely. The next M3 isn't going to be nearly as good as my M3, because it's the best car ever!!!

Good to know douches are still buying these things and keeping the stigma alive.

Yikes, must be that time of the month for you:rolleyes:

...and his M3 is only the 2nd best M3 ever, (still a remarkable achievment), as my m3 is the best M3 Evar!!! So the author of this thread should buy an M3, and make it exactly like mine, better yet, he should just buy mine :rofl:

I guess all us douche's stick together :rofl:

*Disclaimer* - I'm being sarcastic in case nobody is figuring it out ;)

kwazy
06-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I would broaden your choices to include the GTR and the C63 because those are in the same class also.

Different cars for different purposes, don't know what type of driving you do most.

For me, it would be a toss up between the GTR/C63/M3 and I will tell you why and what type of modifications you are planning on doing.

It just so happens that I'm in the market for a M3 right now, it's going to be manual and it's going to be a car that I will supercharge. I've already looking into the G-power or Gintani supercharger kit and if I can find the right M3 at the right price I will take it and get the S/C kit, and leave the exterior bone stock and pretty much have it as a sleeper to take down Lambo's and Ferrari's. M3 is very balanced and nimble great handling but make sure you upgrade the brakes if you decide to track the car.

The C63 is a perfect DD if you want to be relaxed and have to occasionally use the backseats. There are quite a few modifications available for the C63 such as an ECU chip + long tube header upgrade that gives you +/- 100 HP gains. If you drive alot in the city and don't want to deal with manual or focus more on straight line racing/driving this is the car to get

GTR is and always will be a Nissan, if you can get over this you will love this car. Lots and lots of aftermarket support. AWD and flappy paddle gear shifts. Not very comfortable ride as the suspension is very stiff. However I think this car is a bit out of your price range at 75k. You might be able to find a good used sample but they market is still fairly strong on this car. The performance on this car is amazing, but it doesn't quite feel as mechanical as other cars in it's class.

Summary:

M3 - if you are looking to get manual, something good around corners and has S/C available

C63 - fast in straight line, has mods out there (not as much as M3)

GTR - Amazing car, jack of both trades, could DD but wont be as good as the M3/C63

Z06 - don't know enough about it and have never been into American cars

IS-F - if you're going to get his, get the C63 instead