PDA

View Full Version : Chinese car park makes parking space for women only.

HondaKid
06-09-2010, 05:42 PM
How about giving them their own driving lane as well?

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/chinese-car-park-makes-space-for-women-only-1852267.html

Squishy
06-09-2010, 05:57 PM
:facepalm:

Integra10
06-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by HondaKid
How about giving them their own driving lane as well?

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/chinese-car-park-makes-space-for-women-only-1852267.html

They should have those here for asian drivers. They couldn't give them their own lane though because the traffic on it would never move.

StreetRacerX
06-09-2010, 07:28 PM
That's sexist! Actually its the way its supposed to be, woman take care of kid, woman gets groceries, woman make sandwich for man in kitchen, I'd say it would benefit us! This would encourage her to go shopping and would be one less thing she could complain about when she does it!

That would be cool though if ALL parking stalls here were a meter wider, you'd see less door ding threads, doubt the "douche took up more than one spot" threads would decrease though, or would they? You wouldn't have to park in a far corner of the lot anymore.

B20EF
06-09-2010, 07:33 PM
a car park that offers women drivers bigger-than-normal parking spaces to accommodate what it sees as their special needs.

:rofl:

[Yu]
06-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by B20EF

:rofl:

Thank you for posting that, so I could confirm what I was assuming when I saw thread title :rofl:

revelations
06-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by StreetRacerX
That would be cool though if ALL parking stalls here were a meter wider, you'd see less door ding threads, doubt the "douche took up more than one spot" threads would decrease though, or would they? You wouldn't have to park in a far corner of the lot anymore.

Great idea!

Lets take away like 30% of the parking space at Chinook for example (eg. going from 2m to 3m wide stall) and see how well that goes :nut:

barmanjay
06-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Ive seen that lot design here

toy-r-us is one place i saw it, can't remember where else.

Its not the ability to park, its the inconsiderate people who swing their doors open and bang into yours that i think this may have been geared towards. - well thats what i think its good for.

TomcoPDR
06-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by barmanjay
Ive seen that lot design here

toy-r-us is one place i saw it, can't remember where else.

Its not the ability to park, its the inconsiderate people who swing their doors open and bang into yours that i think this may have been geared towards. - well thats what i think its good for.

Yea I've seen those types of designs here too... though they probably wouldn't outright admit it was designed for females.

5G_celica
06-10-2010, 09:07 AM
most city lots dt are like that.

seeing the way calgarians park, they're needed too.

Gary@UrbanX
06-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Driving in China is notoriously dangerous, with nearly 73,500 people killed in road accidents last year, or just over 200 fatalities per day, according to police statistics.

:eek: Holy Crap!

Kennyredline
06-10-2010, 09:43 AM
I would NEVER, EVER drive in China, that would be the worst nightmare for me. Imagine 1 billion of those guys driving around, clueless; it doesn't surprise me at all that 200 people die every day due to accidents.

scat330
06-10-2010, 10:32 AM
It's sad people can't even drive a car.