PDA

View Full Version : 2011 WRX STI sedan prototype Nurburgring in 7:55

trev0006
06-09-2010, 06:17 PM
2011 WRX STI sedan prototype Nurburgring in 7:55 (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-10/06-10-10page-2011-WRX-STI-sedan-prototype-Nurburgring-in-7-55.htm)

CSMRX7
06-09-2010, 06:51 PM
4hyATjjajPg&feature=

MGCM
06-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Good to see that Subaru is still passionate about the STi :)

Canadian 2.5RS
06-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Comparatively speaking, what does this stack up against. What other cars are putting down times like this? Also, how stock was this? Are the tires the stock tires? Is this the same as the NA STI?

Chester
06-10-2010, 11:10 AM
This car was NOT stock. It had upgrade parts on it. The car was running the same turbo as the R205.

RickDaTuner
06-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Chester
This car was NOT stock. It had upgrade parts on it. The car was running the same turbo as the R205.

You're making it sound like the car was done by some aftermarket shop.

Just because it was using a turbo from one of its big brother STi's doesn't invalidate its times.

Would you be saying this about a F430 Scuderia, or a GT-R34 Nur Spec II, both of which post similar times around the Nurburg.

I'm not being a fan boy, or calling you out, more like just trying to set a more level playing field to compare on

It is after all dubed the "2011" STi is it not?

kevie88
06-10-2010, 12:25 PM
I don't get it.. the video clearly says '2010' in the upper corner. Where is everyone getting the '2011 sedan' business from?

RickDaTuner
06-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Hahaha I fail...

4lti
06-10-2010, 12:39 PM
That drivers sick at downshifting
:eek:

RickDaTuner
06-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by 4lti
That drivers sick at downshifting
:eek:

Yeah you like that miss shift @1:31:00

Tommy Makinen, he's just a nobody, prolly some random driver they chose...

4lti
06-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

Yeah you like that miss shift @1:31:00

Tommy Makinen, he's just a nobody, prolly some random driver they chose...

Thats exactly what I was talking about hahahaha.

heavyD
06-10-2010, 06:43 PM

Just because it was using a turbo from one of its big brother STi's doesn't invalidate its times.

Would you be saying this about a F430 Scuderia, or a GT-R34 Nur Spec II, both of which post similar times around the Nurburg.

I'm not being a fan boy, or calling you out, more like just trying to set a more level playing field to compare on

The car may as well be done by an aftermarket shop as it sports major modifications over the production models. It's still an impressive time and all but since the car isn't production it's kind of lame that Subaru is probably going to use this in 2011 STI advertising. Once you start modifying comparisons to production cars becomes a moot and baseless point.

The car starts with the suspension from the improved-for-2011 WRX STI—it’s 5 mm lower than the 2010 model, with 1-mm-thicker front and rear anti-roll bars, higher-rate springs all around, stiffer rear-subframe bushings, and new front-suspension pillow-ball bushings. The engine is the Japanese-market STI Spec C’s, a 2.0-liter turbocharged boxer-four that’s been given the larger turbo from the R205, another Japanese special-edition STI model. It’s now putting out a claimed 320 hp, which makes the time that much more impressive when compared to the Panamera’s 500 turbocharged ponies (although the Porsche is surely carrying around a few hundred extra pounds). The R205 also donates six-piston front brakes and a front strut-tower brace; it features a flexible center portion that allows vertical motion but maintains lateral stiffness. Weight is saved through the use of an aluminum hood from the Spec C, unique aluminum front fenders, the Spec C’s smaller battery, and the deletion of the radio as in the R205 and Spec C. Extra aero parts specific to this car include a full undertray, a front-lip extension tacked onto the R205’s lower spoiler, and a Gurney flap added—taped, really—to the rear at Mäkinen’s request. (The car was getting a bit out of shape without it in the high-speed sections.) A full roll cage and race buckets fitted with a five-point harness for the driver and a four-point for the passenger make things safe.

Chester
06-11-2010, 09:38 AM

Whoa, easy buddy. I was just pointing out the car is not stock. There are other modifications other than the upgraded turbo.
When I watched the video the first time, I was under the impression the car was completely stock, which would be impressive for the time the car ran around the ring.