PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Glass SUCKS!!!

InRich
06-10-2010, 12:20 PM
NEVER EVER TAKE your cars there to replace your windshields.

Get this... So the buyer for my car wanted a new windshield, ok no problem right. Some of my other friends used Crystal Glass, So I decided to go ahead with them too

5908 MacLeod Trail S location.

My cars equiped with a radar detector, mounted on the windshield. I guess when they were replacing the glass, the guy yanked the cord so hard it came lose from its connection. Ok. so I start the car, the radar comes on, tells me everythings ok.

I pull from the 5908 MacLeod Trail S location, and get stopped at the lights, the cord comes lose, and the dector shuts off. I look at it and think mmmk, strange... all of a sudden I start to see smoke.... alot of it. then, in HEAVY traffic the car stalls in the middle of the street. I reach at the cords, which are smoking at this point, their on fire! I burn my hands. after sitting for 50 secs, car being dead the smoke stops. I get out, and push the car over to the side of the road to let traffic through, and make a run for Crystal Glass before they close.

They come out, look at the car, and admit that it was "probably" their fault, and would get a tow truck to tow it to Honda, and have the manager call me in the morning. The manager calls me today to tell me it wasn't their fault, and they are not responsible for anything, and to come pick up my car.... wow.

Just goes to show how shitty some places are run...

on a side note. one of my own customers calls me today, we did an exterior reno for him last year, and some animals got into his soffits. Ok. he tells me it cost him 494 bucks on an exterminator to get the animals out, and he thinks I should flip the bill... you know what I tell him? no problem sir, my apologies, I'm writing the cheque as we speak. Sorry. For the last 4 years I've run my business this way. I know shit happens. when it does, I'm always there to take care of it, no matter what.

Same people run their businesses this way. I've had this detector since the car was new, NEVER a problem, then all of a sudden, just half a block after getting my windshield replaced, this happens? like are you fucking serious?

I guess I musta yanked the cord out on purpose. wasted my entire night, took the 3rd day off in a row because I thought it would be fun.

AVOID CRYSTAL GLASS LIKE THE PLAGUE

get this too. the day before I book a day off, and book the car on the 130th S.E. location. I tell em I need the car done, they ask me for my info, accord, 02 etc. when I get there. the guy tells me, we dont have that glass in stock and cant get it till tommorow... I'm like what? you told me yesterday it was in.... they say, well you told us it was a 2 door car sir, its a 4 door....

I'm like what!!! really, its got 4 doors!!! I never noticed it before. shit I've only had the car for 8 years. I feel so dumb... sorry, let me come back tommorow, waste another day.

Jeremiah
06-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Brutal man

Sorry to hear that

Jetta-2.0
06-10-2010, 12:35 PM
thats messed up how much to change the glass?

project240
06-10-2010, 12:36 PM
We've used Crystal Glass a number of times, but always go to the one on 9 Ave. Never had a single problem, always good service and on time.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

InRich
06-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Jetta-2.0
thats messed up how much to change the glass?

$400...
Guys are idiots. I'm pissed right now. DONT TAKE YOUR CARS there guys. they just arn't responsible for anything.

canadiandaytona
06-10-2010, 12:44 PM
So the short for your radar detector blew a fuse that stalled your car? or was wired directly to battery? or what?

Jetta-2.0
06-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by InRich

$400...
Guys are idiots. I'm pissed right now. DONT TAKE YOUR CARS there guys. they just arn't responsible for anything.

wahhhh 400 bucks!!!! damn i called like 5 glass repairs for my bmw and the highest i got was 300 bucks.

damn dude my uncle payed 300 bucks for his e46 bmw and the guy came to his house and changed it anlong with 3 other cars the guy did for my family

911fever
06-10-2010, 12:53 PM
:facepalm:

revelations
06-10-2010, 01:02 PM
I cant quite figure out how a cigarette lighter powered detector could cause a Honda Accord to stall.

Also, although the OP is not at fault.... I've always avoided these situations by thinking ahead - do as much work for the tech before hand to avoid their screw ups.

G
06-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Must have been tough on your ego having the money you have pushing a beat accord out of the intersection.:(

2EFNFAST
06-10-2010, 01:30 PM
$400 for an accord seems pretty high

InRich
06-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Also, although the OP is not at fault.... I've always avoided these situations by thinking ahead - do as much work for the tech before hand to avoid their screw ups. [/B][/QUOTE]

Its not powered by the lighter, its powered by something else audio concepts did for me when I first bought it, the wires go directly into the dash.

Course its not my fault. this is the 2nd time I've been burned by something like this though. I mean how hard is it to gently take the radar detector off my dash? next time I'll just do it.... people just dont give a shit anymore....

InRich
06-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by G
Must have been tough on your ego having the money you have pushing a beat accord out of the intersection.:(

lol, whats with all the hate? I get down and dirty when I have too. lol! your post is funny though. ;)

InRich
06-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

sorry it was 389 + tax.

max_boost
06-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by G

Damn and I wanted to post that shit. Efff you guys hahaha

benyl
06-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by G

Originally posted by max_boost

Damn and I wanted to post that shit. Efff you guys hahaha

A $400 windshield on an Accord is a Status windshield.

Hope the OP didn't have to finance that windshield.

Could have probably gotten that Windshield from Mr. Windshield for $250 installed... LOL

InRich
06-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by benyl

A $400 windshield on an Accord is a Status windshield.

Hope the OP didn't have to finance that windshield.

Could have probably gotten that Windshield from Mr. Windshield for $250 installed... LOL

u gonna get mad when I pull up in a new x5M? I'll send you a picture ok ;)

I went to Crystal cause last time I was in there with a friend, they sold me on their installation process, with their primer and all. Thought I could trust em....

dunno where all the hate is coming from. ;) I'm kinda enjoying it though.

scat330
06-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Woudn't you remove the radard detector beforehand?

TomcoPDR
06-10-2010, 03:48 PM

You know you've made it when you got 'em haters

FraserB
06-10-2010, 03:52 PM
I dunno about you guys, but I wanna see Benyl and InRich throwdown. Knockout fight for biggest baller status.

G
06-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Chill man where just having fun at your expense.

max_boost
06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

You know you've made it when you got 'em haters

:werd: :rofl:

InRich
06-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
I dunno about you guys, but I wanna see Benyl and InRich throwdown. Knockout fight for biggest baller status.

dont think he'd have a chance... :rofl:

Strider
06-10-2010, 04:12 PM
u gonna get mad when I pull up in a new x5M?

I'll be taking a full out loan for this machine, so...

I don't think he'll be too hurt.

ercchry
06-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

real ballers would just hire someone to "dispose" of the rival

HondaKid
06-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Overpaid for the windshield by at least $150, toasted radar detector (priceless), tow to the Honda dealership, what a day. And you want to drive a high end BMW? Unless you are parking it next to your bed at night, you will not sleep. You will need to babysit the thing, it will just cry out "key me". I advise you to get the BMW and run a key down each side, otherwise you will never sleep or catch a movie at a theatre. Your buddies will be having a field day setting off your car alarm and watching you mow down all to save the jewel.

Bad prep by you, remove your shit from any car when it is in for service.

Weapon_R
06-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by HondaKid
Unless you are parking it next to your bed at night, you will not sleep. You will need to babysit the thing, it will just cry out "key me". I advise you to get the BMW and run a key down each side,

No worries - He'll just buy another couple. He owns the "biggest renovation company in Calgary," after all.

JordanLotoski
06-10-2010, 05:41 PM

u gonna get mad when I pull up in a new x5M? I'll send you a picture ok ;)

I went to Crystal cause last time I was in there with a friend, they sold me on their installation process, with their primer and all. Thought I could trust em....

So did you buy the x5m..???? (2300.00) windshield

InRich
06-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski

just waiting to collect the money for the accord.

Disoblige
06-10-2010, 07:04 PM

I'll be taking a full out loan for this machine, so...
:rofl:

InRich
06-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

:rofl:

you got a 100k laying around? hoe's be expensive :bigpimp:

banned3x
06-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Off topic but is 2efnfast and inrich the same person? I know he has multiple personalities.

max_boost
06-10-2010, 07:55 PM
No but I think inrich might be the same guy as enrich lol :rofl:

sputnik
06-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Should have gone to GlassMasters just a couple blocks over on Center St S.

911fever
06-11-2010, 07:09 AM
LOL @ inrich

5hift
06-11-2010, 10:34 AM
For the last 4 years I've run my business this way. I know shit happens. when it does, I'm always there to take care of it, no matter what.

Same people run their businesses this way. I've had this detector since the car was new, NEVER a problem, then all of a sudden, just half a block after getting my windshield replaced, this happens? like are you fucking serious?

First off weren't you working full time as a garage heater salesman a few years ago.

Secondly, who goes to get a windshield changed, and leaves removable electronic shit attached to it. Legally they are not responsible because you should have removed it.

Lastly the fact that whats holding up the purchase of a X5M is the sale of a old ass accord that would barely cover a months payment is laughable. And posting a picture of you in one means shit, anyone with a friend driving one could do that.

InRich
06-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

First off weren't you working full time as a garage heater salesman a few years ago.

Secondly, who goes to get a windshield changed, and leaves removable electronic shit attached to it. Legally they are not responsible because you should have removed it.

Lastly the fact that whats holding up the purchase of a X5M is the sale of a old ass accord that would barely cover a months payment is laughable. And posting a picture of you in one means shit, anyone with a friend driving one could do that.

your an idiot. give me a call when you move outta moms house... fag.

Kloubek
06-11-2010, 01:32 PM

your an idiot. give me a call when you move outta moms house... fag.

Well thought-out argument, and solid retort.

As with another thread, it's you're. If you're going to call others idiots, you should at least try to look intelligent yourself.

Glad to hear they are willing to work with you though. As has been pointed out, there is a question of them being liable if you failed to remove it...

ercchry
06-11-2010, 01:35 PM

your an idiot.

the irony of this statement is just something else...

scat330
06-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Well thought-out argument, and solid retort.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kx7sg7oiNa1qzc176o1_500.jpg

benyl
06-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

the irony of this statement is just something else...

I am rather astounded myself.

Oh by the way InRich, yes, I would be mad seeing you roll up in BMW Financial's X5M. I am the jealous type.

Mibz
06-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Glass company should replace the wire, but it's not their fault whoever wired the detector didn't do it properly.

TYMSMNY
06-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski

heh, 1600 for non-m. what's different?

G
06-11-2010, 04:09 PM
700 premium for douche factor.

benyl
06-11-2010, 04:12 PM
The M version is a status windshield.