PDA

View Full Version : 05 Pontiac amp remote wire issue

derran.m
06-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Okay so ... 05 Pontiac Pursuit. Stock deck, aftermarket sub and amp. I have spliced the remote wire to my amp from the "RADIO" fuse in the fuse box. My 12V+ is hooked direct to the battery.

When I shut the ignition off, the radio will stay on either for 15 mins or until I open the drivers' side door. Problem is the amp will not stay on.

I have played around with various diff fuses to splice the amp into, including one named "AMP". Still cannot get the amp to stay on with the deck.

The only other possible solution I can think of is to hack the stock deck wiring harness and splice to the remote line right into the deck - even that looks interesting, as there is a few more wires in there than i'm used to... no specific color coding for the wires for me to figure out which one is the correct wire. And I really would prefer to avoid this route by all means possible.

Anyone have any suggestions/input? I have tried other fuses and they either do not work at all or leave the amp on permanently, thus killing my battery eventually.

Splkia
06-10-2010, 06:15 PM
You should be able to set up a relay to do what you want.

Splkia
06-10-2010, 06:22 PM
If you don't want to pay some shop or my self to do it for you check http://www.the12volt.com under special applications with SPDT relays about 3/4s down the page.

derran.m
06-11-2010, 09:29 AM
^^^ would that not require me to either run the amp seperate from the deck, or have to chop the stock wiring harness int he deck to run them together?
I have a simple non-intrusive setup now, and I would really rather avoid having to do anything to change that ... right now I have my amp fused into deck via ATC add-a-fuse, therefore no butchering anything in the process... and my amp is run via hi-input lines direct off of rear 6x9's to amp.

Splkia
06-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Please tell me you didn't run your power wire from your amp to the fuse box.

silvercivicsir
06-11-2010, 11:43 AM
^^^^^^

that only happens in the NE, when people bring their cars into Futureshop to fix what they messed up.. or they say I'm an electrician, and I know what I am doing.....

:banghead:

Splkia
06-11-2010, 01:32 PM
^^^^^^^^
lol

chkolny541
06-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Splkia
Please tell me you didn't run your power wire from your amp to the fuse box.

Originally posted by derran.m
My 12V+ is hooked direct to the battery.

i would suggest if you really wanted to get to the bottom of this is to splice into the wire in the back of the deck, the wires, at least from personal experience, should be labeled so it really shouldnt be tooo tough, but then again i dont have the weird radio staying on till the door is opened problem in my car :dunno:

Install God
06-14-2010, 06:59 PM
You can now get line level converters that change the audio from your speaker wires to RCA that have audio sensing in them. So as long as there is sound comming from the deck the module stays on and your amp stays on.

Splkia
06-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Audio may stay on but that's not going to keep the amp on.
I think if a guy was to test this it is the remote terminal that is losing power.