PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Company Vehicle Condition Report

verbatim
06-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Good Day!

I just purchased a 97 328IS in superb condition. Due to the age, my insurance company requires a Vehicle Condition Report handed in. I don't really want to take it into a shop if I dont have to.

Is there anyone with a mechnaics certificate whom I could drop by and fill out the form with. I will compensate for $$$.

Thanks in Advance!

Dylan S

e31
06-10-2010, 04:45 PM
There are a ton of shops out there who will fill out a report for you under the table like you wish, don't offer less than $200 or you will look like a fool. Also, let the mech have a look at your car and check the boxes corresponding to the condition of the component. Done.

You are Welcome!

: end sarcasm:

Inspection is always required, get temp insurance, take car to mechanic, get inspection, fax to insurance, done.

derran.m
06-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by e31
There are a ton of shops out there who will fill out a report for you under the table like you wish, don't offer less than $200 or you will look like a fool. Also, let the mech have a look at your car and check the boxes corresponding to the condition of the component. Done.

You are Welcome!

: end sarcasm:

Inspection is always required, get temp insurance, take car to mechanic, get inspection, fax to insurance, done.

LMAO
yeah what he said ... gotta get er done ... rule used to be anything 15 yrs and older ... now it's 12? or 10 yrs old and up?

Get it done and get it done properly ... don't do it under the table, that's just asking for problems ... the inspection is required by insurance for a reason.

Masked Bandit
06-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Back in the day the age limit for inspections was up to each company. Some went 20, some 15, some 12 and some none at all. A couple of years ago the government stepped in and mandated 12 years for all companies. Now whether or not each specific company decides to enforce that or not is up to them but 12 years is the current limit.

Zewind
06-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Nordic doesnt require a VIR, have fun with them :P

Jokes aside, you should get it done, its for your safety and others on the road.

Cost for one these is between 50-100 depending on where you go.

verbatim
06-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Lol.. You guys are funny. I know I know. Well then.. can someone recommend a good shop to fill out the Insurance Companies form... I do most all of my own work, so I never use shop's save for alignments.

A few years ago a mechanic dude dropped by my house and for $20.00 he looked over my old car and filled in the credentials.

Less $$$ the better would be fantastic.

Cheers!

Vanner
06-15-2010, 07:09 AM
^ Don't get me wrong ...but what I've read above and is often amusing at people who can afford to buy fancy cars like a BMW with no complaints. But when it come to doing repairs or doing an inspection report at a shop - they scream at the costs?

I see that time to time in my work - believe me. I shake my head and laughed as I do repairs. Some people have funny minds... ;)