PDA

View Full Version : Swat Raids Home kills 7 year old girl

Integra10
06-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Swat In Detroit accidentally kill 7 year old Aiyana Jones. They are "allegedly" trying to cover up what happened.

3hjcHjN7Fe8

Integra10
06-10-2010, 06:48 PM
ZH7iYaQSAE

spikerS
06-10-2010, 06:51 PM
sucks for the girl, RIP.

but WTF were her parents doing in that house to justify to a judge to issue a warrant that required the SWAT team?

And if it is true that the officer got in a scuffle with a woman in the house, resulting in the gun going off, again, why are they doing that with children in the house?

Kloubek
06-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Very unfortunate. I can't imagine what could have possibly been a situation which would have lead up to her getting shot, unless mistakes were made.

But Spikers - your point is 100% valid. People engaging in illegal actions put their families and themselves at risk of being in a violent scenario with the police. And as with any violent scenario, there is a potential for someone to get hurt.

RIP.

ZenOps
06-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Shot a kid in the face while sleeping. Yeesh. I don't even think Hitler would have done that.

Can only hope it was an accident.

baygirl
06-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I remember reading about this in May when it happened.
Apparently the SWAT team was being followed by a camera crew, and there's a video tape that shows an officer fired INTO the house from the front porch.

And I could be mistaken, but I believe they were searching for a man who lived in the upper unit who was wanted for attempted murder. It wasn't anyone connected to the girl.

beyond_ban
06-11-2010, 08:17 AM
"Police have apologized."

:facepalm:

1barA4
06-11-2010, 12:55 PM
WHOA...the officer doing the shooting (Weekley), not exactly your shining example of controlled force

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/23608633/detail.html

This 14 year vet of the DPD is sure getting a workout on his gun and keeping the union lawyers on their toes...

His whole shooting of 2 dogs and pointing guns at kids thing sounds eerily like this on in missouri: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/302803/video-of-swat-raid-on-missouri-family/

Kloubek
06-11-2010, 01:02 PM
^^^ Not looking too good for him. He seems to be a little gun-happy in his job.

I'm convinced he did not shoot the girl intentionally, but that doesn't mean he wasn't negligent in his duty. And if that is indeed the case, I hope he is dealt with appropriately rather than getting a slap on the wrist.

1barA4
06-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
^^^ Not looking too good for him. He seems to be a little gun-happy in his job.

I'm convinced he did not shoot the girl intentionally, but that doesn't mean he wasn't negligent in his duty. And if that is indeed the case, I hope he is dealt with appropriately rather than getting a slap on the wrist.

Even accidentally killing her, I assume he'll have to justify discharging his weapon from the porch into the bedroom (if it actually was his weapon, not the murder suspect's, that killed the child).