PDA

View Full Version : Northland Volkswagen - TERRIBLE SERVICE!

zipdoa
06-11-2010, 07:16 PM
I just need to rant, OK??

So I bring a couple strut assemblies into northland vw to get the struts changed (I don't own the VW542/VAG 3078A tool to complete the job) and for the third day in a row, Bill (the head of service dept??) tells me that they just didn't have time to get around to it and he has no idea where his mechanic is. He doesn't offer to get it done right then and there, and proceeds to tell me he won't do it on the weekend cause he doesn't have enough staff.

FUCK YOU BILL, KEEP TRACK OF YOUR MECHANICS SO THAT YOUR BOYS CAN FINISH A WORK ORDER THAT SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE 3 DAYS AGO.

It's not even that hard to do, probably wouldn't take them more than a half hour to compress the springs and change the struts. Did you guys think that since I was only bringing in the strut assemblies that I was less important than everyone else? Or are you just so fucking disorganized that you can't even keep track of what needs to be done in a day??!

Bill, if you're reading this, you fucked me over this weekend. I needed these struts DONE. This is Karma man, I hope this thread makes the front page of google.

/rant

Nismorphed
06-11-2010, 07:25 PM
You tear Bill a new hole

AndyL
06-11-2010, 07:32 PM
LOL, oi vey... Did ya miss the 300 threads about poor service at northland on clubveedub, dasdubbers, and just about every other vdub fanboy forum? :)

boci
06-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Best shop in town for all your VW needs:tunedub

nrt_vw
06-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by boci
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Best shop in town for all your VW needs:tunedub

:werd: definitely best place

Lex350
06-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
I just need to rant, OK??

So I bring a couple strut assemblies into northland vw to get the struts changed (I don't own the VW542/VAG 3078A tool to complete the job) and for the third day in a row, Bill (the head of service dept??) tells me that they just didn't have time to get around to it and he has no idea where his mechanic is. He doesn't offer to get it done right then and there, and proceeds to tell me he won't do it on the weekend cause he doesn't have enough staff.

FUCK YOU BILL, KEEP TRACK OF YOUR MECHANICS SO THAT YOUR BOYS CAN FINISH A WORK ORDER THAT SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE 3 DAYS AGO.

It's not even that hard to do, probably wouldn't take them more than a half hour to compress the springs and change the struts. Did you guys think that since I was only bringing in the strut assemblies that I was less important than everyone else? Or are you just so fucking disorganized that you can't even keep track of what needs to be done in a day??!

Bill, if you're reading this, you fucked me over this weekend. I needed these struts DONE. This is Karma man, I hope this thread makes the front page of google.

holy crap......anger issues here
/rant

adidas
06-11-2010, 11:10 PM
5th ave VW is where you need to go!

Actually, take the car from northland, if u have an extra key and go to 5th ave right before they open. They usually accept 1 emergency a day, so its crucial u are there early.

swak
06-12-2010, 12:00 AM
Funny enough, 2ish years ago I had the exact same problem.

N-Land VW bites it hard when it comes to service...

.. And while were on the topic, 5th ave auto haus sucks balls when it comes to the parts dept.
I've had more than a sozen mis-orders with them. ('Nuf said)

btimbit
06-12-2010, 12:13 AM

Sorry to hear about your experience. Take the car back and go to tunedub

Kloubek
06-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Screw you Bill. You are the scummiest of the scum.

DeeK
06-12-2010, 03:47 AM
I used to work at Northland VW. Terrible terrible place.

As it's been said before, Concept1, tunedub, and if you must take it to a dealership, go to 5th ave autohaus.

rage2
06-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Oh man, I totally forgot my bad Northland VW story. I've got bills, recorded phone calls promising a refund, receipts, everything on a misdiagnosed warranty job (yes, they fucking charged me). Will post in a few days.

zipdoa
06-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Lawrence @ Calgary Autoworks was kind enough to lend me the VW542 tool that I need to remove the spring nut on the strut assembly... the only thing is I need to press a bushing into my control arm and I don't really have the proper tools for that.

These struts honestly would've taken 30 minutes to replace... they aren't even in the fucking car!

Rage - did you buy your GTI @ northland??

rage2
06-12-2010, 08:07 AM
I bought mine at Southcenter. I went to Northland because it was closer to me. What a fucking mistake.

D'z Nutz
06-12-2010, 08:33 AM
My sister's friend went to Northland Volkswagen and they wanted to charge him $200 extra to get the colour he wanted for the car he was buying. It wasn't a rare colour or anything, they just didn't have it on the lot and said it'd cost him that to order it.

I think he took his business to Southcentre as well.

2002civic
06-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Oh man, I totally forgot my bad Northland VW story. I've got bills, recorded phone calls promising a refund, receipts, everything on a misdiagnosed warranty job (yes, they fucking charged me). Will post in a few days.
at least someone took care of you ;)

911fever
06-12-2010, 09:01 AM
when I worked at Heninger, I found they were extremely arrogant to deal with. Absolutely stupid dealership.

pinoyhero
06-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Dude, sorry to hear that, sucks to get such bad service

rage2
06-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by 2002civic
at least someone took care of you ;)
haha thanks man.

DeeK
06-12-2010, 05:57 PM
My bad Northland VW story? This was about 6 years ago. Summer 2004.

This was for my first Corrado, a '90 G60.

Took my car in for a mandatory insurance inspection to change insurance companies and since I had a credit from Northland VW, I decided to just take it there to use up the credit.

Car goes in for inspection, comes out as expected, passing everything with no problems. Also came out with a leaky sunroof, discovered 2 weeks later after a day of rain. And not just a small leak, we're talking 4 inches of water in the bottom of the passenger side of the car. Passenger chair was soaked, headliner was soaked. Granted the sunroof motor was burned out so it didn't work, but the thing DID NOT leak.

I took it back to the stealership claiming "It was not leaking before the inspection, now it's leaking. What the hell happened?" They pulled the "oh well, it's been two weeks, a lot can happen in two weeks. It's unlikely it was something from the inspection, and unless you can prove it, we have no choice but to charge you for service, but in good faith we can take a look at it for 30 seconds for free to see if we can figure it out."

I basically said "Don't pull that bullshit with me, you fucked up, you fix it. Here's the keys" and I left.

I get a phone call the next day, saying they found the problem, nothing major, and that my car was ready to be picked up. I get to the shop and it turns out they wanted to charge me $450 for a sunroof seal, and would not release my car to me until I paid for it. Stating that if I did not pay for it that day that the price would go up everyday I didn't pick it up as a "storage fee". I lost it. They didn't even call me to tell me they were going to be installing new parts at a cost to me. But hey, they gave me a "free wet vacuum to get the puddles of water out of the car." I went off yelling that a sunroof seal doesn't keep a car from leaking, it merely keeps the debris out as VW sunroofs are designed to leak and disperse water to the outside of the car via hoses.
Them: "Well that's what the tech said the problem was."
Me: " Fire the fucking tech and put my old seal back on so I can get out of here."
Them: "We can't, we threw it out."
Me: "You didn't even keep the part to show me the problem? You just threw it out?. Here's your money, if it's not fixed I'll be back in 5 minutes."

So I drove to the car wash, fully knowing that I would have a leak again. So I gave it a good soaking, letting the water fill up the car again. Sure enough, water everywhere.

Back to the dealership.
Me: "Come take a look in my car, you see all that water?"
Them: "Yes, it appears you're leak is not the sunroof as we just fixed it."
Me: "So what are you going to do about it?"
Them: "We'll take a look at it."
Me: "This better be a damn good look this time, and I'm not paying a cent for it."
Them: "Fine fine, in good faith we'll do this for free."

At this point I'm hovering over the tech like a hawk, watching his every move. The tech tried to explain to me that I needed a whole new sunroof assembly at $1300. I grabbed his manager, and came back to the car. "Now, show me and the manager why I need a new sunroof assembly." Tech goes off about some bullshit, manager is trying to agree with him.
Me: "So what kind of a dumbass do you have to be to become a tech at Northland VW? Pull the headliner down and show me."
Them: "Well, sir, the problem is that the sunroof motor isn't working, so it's not pushing on the seal for a waterproof fit."
Me:"Are you fucking kidding me? Pull the damn headliner down!"
Them: "Fine fine."

So he pulls it down this time around, sure enough the drain tubes were disconnected and the holes we're plugged with a bead of silicon or some other similar sealant.

When demanding my money back for the roof seal. They gave me the whole run around about how I couldn't prove that they were the ones that did that. I responded with a "well I'll be sure to know that next time I bring my car to crooks to document everything, right down to the drain tubes on the sunroof, before bringing it for an insurance inspection." After almost two months of fighting with them for that money back I gave up and haven't gone back since.

Never had a roof leak after that, and I had to tear all the interior out, shampoo, and let sit dry for a few days.

All of that bullshit over an insurance inspection.

MrSector9
06-13-2010, 12:37 AM
I tried to buy a car there. Note: TRIED

The salesman helped me for a couple minutes showing me a few cars, then he says

"Well 6 o'clock time for me to go home for supper"

And then just walks away, I follow him as I thought it was somewhat of a joke but nope, he grabs his jacket, tells me some other salesman might be able to help me but they are very busy.

TomcoPDR
06-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Shouldn't hate the guy for being family oriential

Mitsu3000gt
06-13-2010, 05:55 PM
My only experience at Northland has been horrible as well. A friend and I were looking for a car for him, found the perfect one at Northland, and the D-bag salesman wouldn't let us test drive it because he was too busy (shooting the shit with other salespeople). My friend bought his car elsewhere. Worst dealership I have experienced other than South Deerfoot Suzuki.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by DeeK

Took my car in for a mandatory insurance inspection to change insurance companies and since I had a credit from Northland VW, I decided to just take it there to use up the credit.

Car goes in for inspection, comes out as expected, passing everything with no problems. Also came out with a leaky sunroof, discovered 2 weeks later after a day of rain. And not just a small leak, we're talking 4 inches of water in the bottom of the passenger side of the car. Passenger chair was soaked, headliner was soaked. Granted the sunroof motor was burned out so it didn't work, but the thing DID NOT leak.

I took it back to the stealership claiming "It was not leaking before the inspection, now it's leaking. What the hell happened?" They pulled the "oh well, it's been two weeks, a lot can happen in two weeks. It's unlikely it was something from the inspection, and unless you can prove it, we have no choice but to charge you for service, but in good faith we can take a look at it for 30 seconds for free to see if we can figure it out."

I basically said "Don't pull that bullshit with me, you fucked up, you fix it. Here's the keys" and I left.

I get a phone call the next day, saying they found the problem, nothing major, and that my car was ready to be picked up. I get to the shop and it turns out they wanted to charge me $450 for a sunroof seal, and would not release my car to me until I paid for it. Stating that if I did not pay for it that day that the price would go up everyday I didn't pick it up as a "storage fee". I lost it. They didn't even call me to tell me they were going to be installing new parts at a cost to me. But hey, they gave me a "free wet vacuum to get the puddles of water out of the car." I went off yelling that a sunroof seal doesn't keep a car from leaking, it merely keeps the debris out as VW sunroofs are designed to leak and disperse water to the outside of the car via hoses.
Me: " Fire the fucking tech and put my old seal back on so I can get out of here."
Me: "You didn't even keep the part to show me the problem? You just threw it out?. Here's your money, if it's not fixed I'll be back in 5 minutes."

So I drove to the car wash, fully knowing that I would have a leak again. So I gave it a good soaking, letting the water fill up the car again. Sure enough, water everywhere.

Back to the dealership.
Me: "This better be a damn good look this time, and I'm not paying a cent for it."

At this point I'm hovering over the tech like a hawk, watching his every move. The tech tried to explain to me that I needed a whole new sunroof assembly at $1300. I grabbed his manager, and came back to the car. "Now, show me and the manager why I need a new sunroof assembly." Tech goes off about some bullshit, manager is trying to agree with him.
Me: "So what kind of a dumbass do you have to be to become a tech at Northland VW? Pull the headliner down and show me."
Them: "Well, sir, the problem is that the sunroof motor isn't working, so it's not pushing on the seal for a waterproof fit."

So he pulls it down this time around, sure enough the drain tubes were disconnected and the holes we're plugged with a bead of silicon or some other similar sealant.

When demanding my money back for the roof seal. They gave me the whole run around about how I couldn't prove that they were the ones that did that. I responded with a "well I'll be sure to know that next time I bring my car to crooks to document everything, right down to the drain tubes on the sunroof, before bringing it for an insurance inspection." After almost two months of fighting with them for that money back I gave up and haven't gone back since.

Never had a roof leak after that, and I had to tear all the interior out, shampoo, and let sit dry for a few days.

If they could not provide you the original seal when you came to pick the car up, then the new one would be no cost. Just fyi so next time you have work on a car, ask for the old parts back before you pay, if they dont give them to you, you do not have to pay for the new ones. I know it isnt really that relevant to your story but whatever.

nickyh
06-14-2010, 11:04 AM
May as well jump in:

Northland VW broke the sunroof clips doing the PDI (which a service tech finally admitted to me on my 2nd to last visit) on my '02 Jetta, after 4 visits they finally fixed it - but this involved me and the service manager having a shouting match in the service bay.
I was told to get the F__K out of their dealership and not return, to which I replied "I'll get the eff out when you fix my effin sunroof properly.

They has also installed an aftermarket block heater in my car (they brought it in from BC) and charged me on my purchase contract for such, for it to stop working.
After Northland fixed my sunroof for the final time, I took my car to SSFC (excellent service team :thumbsup: ) who told me they could not do anything for me and I had to deal with Northland.
After calling the GM directly, I was assured they would fix this, and they did......

When I took my car in for it's final visit, I was standing behind the service tech in the bay and when they punched in my details there was a notation "treat customer with special care and attention"...........

I'm not surprised they still treat customers so poorly, but it is surprising they are still in business.

2002civic
06-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

If they could not provide you the original seal when you came to pick the car up, then the new one would be no cost. Just fyi so next time you have work on a car, ask for the old parts back before you pay, if they dont give them to you, you do not have to pay for the new ones. I know it isnt really that relevant to your story but whatever.
What makes you think that?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-14-2010, 11:31 AM
They told us that at SAIT. Its a generic rule that if you ask for your old parts back and they can not provide them, you do not have to pay for new ones.

scat330
06-14-2010, 11:35 AM
They told us that at SAIT. Its a generic rule that if you ask for your old parts back and they can not provide them, you do not have to pay for new ones.

+1 I always asked for my old parts to be put in the trunk. They always looked at me funny, but hey, I felt better about it (before I became so DIY)

Another thing - My friend had bought a used vw at northland, and the tint was the nastiest job ever. (They added it because he asked for it). It was all jagged, and an inch away from the window's edge)

cocoabrova
06-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by swak

.. And while were on the topic, 5th ave auto haus sucks balls when it comes to the parts dept.

How long ago was that, and what were the parts you had ordered?

cocoabrova
06-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by swak

swak
06-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

Probably 2 yrs ago now, when i had my corrado...
I even had ETKA installed on my old computer, so i'd bring the part number to them and everything, and it would still be the wrong part (with a different part number than what i gave them).

Useless.

... and (from Northland VW of course) being on the topic of 'rado sunroofs, i brought mine there, removed from my car, with some of the parts to get it properly fixed...
Sunroof came back with bent up rails, not all working parts, and a nice price tag in the end for a 'still not working' sunroof

2002civic
06-22-2010, 06:42 AM

maybe if you ask for them back before you fix the car, but if you get the car fixed and don't ask for your old parts until after you're SOL.

Cos
06-22-2010, 07:33 AM
The salesman at Northland tried to sell me his private GTI when I was looking for one, told me he was going to the Navy in a few weeks and to call him back.

HyperZell
06-22-2010, 08:07 AM

Back to the dealership.

I'm sorry for your loss and all, but this was a super entertaining story. Nice work giving them shit, Deek.

TomcoPDR
06-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Waiting on Rage2's story

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-22-2010, 11:11 PM

maybe if you ask for them back before you fix the car, but if you get the car fixed and don't ask for your old parts until after you're SOL.

You can ask for them any time before you pay.

DeeK
06-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell

I'm sorry for your loss and all, but this was a super entertaining story. Nice work giving them shit, Deek.

Meh, my loss is not so much a big deal anymore. Just want to warn others about this kind of crap.

SOAB
06-23-2010, 08:59 AM

You can ask for them any time before you pay.

umm, i think you've been misinformed.

unless you ask for the parts to be returned to you before the work is done, the techs will throw them out. and you will still have to pay for the work.

2002civic
06-23-2010, 09:37 AM

You can ask for them any time before you pay. Sorry but there is 100% no truth to this.

zipdoa
06-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Waiting on Rage2's story

+1

I wouldn't mind using some permanent adhesive to stick a warning message on their service door.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Sorry but there is 100% no truth to this.

Well someone might want to inform all the instructors at SAIT because thats what the tell us.

SOAB
06-23-2010, 11:49 AM
or you can use some common sense and questoin the things instructors tell you instead of believing everthing verbatim.

i had an instructor at SAIT tell me that the write-off point of a vehicle is 25% of that vehicles market value. he truly believed it! i called him an idiot to his face.

i would do the same to you if you tried that shit on me.

SRT
06-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Why didn't you say that to Bills face rather than coming on here and sounding like a little girl?

rage2
06-23-2010, 05:44 PM
OK, here's my story.

Jan 2009, my GTI started to make a clunking noise once in a while when turning. Classic CV joint failure noise. I assumed it was from the cold weather. Shortly after, it developed a really random hard vibration (whole car shook) from the CV so I brought it in to Northland Volkswagen Jan 20, 2009 because it was close to my house. Figured it was a warranty repair.

They called me in the afternoon and diagnosed the problem as my aftermarket springs and shocks. And, they charged me for it since it's aftermarket and not covered under warranty. I asked them if they even looked at the CV joints. They claim that they checked the CV joint and it was perfectly fine. Here's my bill.

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/vw/01.jpg

The noise continued and 2 weeks/600km later, the vibration all of a sudden got REALLY bad on Feb 3rd 2009. So I dropped it off at Southcenter Fine cars, where I purchased the car. It's far from my house, but whatever.

2002civic was a service advisor there, and took good care of me. Got me in without an appointment. 2 days later on Feb 5th 2009, the car was fixed under warranty. Sure enough, the CV boot finally ripped, leaked the rest of the grease out, and killed the CV joint, causing massive vibrations. Here's my under warranty bill, along with the description.

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/vw/02.jpg

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/vw/03.jpg

So, 2 more weeks went by, the car was perfect. It was the damn CV joint, confirmed. So I'm pissed off at Northland VW and called on Feb 25th 2009 to get a refund. It's not about the money, it's the fact that I felt like I got ripped off. They were super nice about it. BTW - I bleeped out my name and phone number, so I don't get stalked haha.

4Nf9pfq7R90

So after that call, I never got a call back. So I called back the next day asking about it, and sure enough, they're refunding me. Watch for the check in the mail. Sweet, right?

bsLNcWzXgLQ

Well, I totally forgot about it until someone posted this thread. I realized that it's been over a year, I didn't get my damn refund. :rofl:

Never again am I going to Northland Volkswagen again. In my opinion, they're completely useless, or they're scammers.

Oh yea, 2 months later, they sent me this:

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/vw/04.jpg

Suffice to say, that ain't happening. I just left it on my desk and was lucky to find it for this post.

max_boost
06-23-2010, 05:54 PM
They pulled a SBJ, check is in the mail lol :rofl:

Is 2002civic still working at SCFC?

DeeK
06-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Hey Rage, do you know who the tech was from Northland that looked at your car?

I'm curious if it was the same dude (Blake) that looked at my car as well.

SOAB
06-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
They pulled a SBJ, check is in the mail lol :rofl:

Is 2002civic still working at SCFC?

he sits at a desk. he doesn't do any actual work. :rofl:

2002civic
06-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

he sits at a desk. he doesn't do any actual work. :rofl:

better than standing not doing any work...;)

cocoabrova
06-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Hey Rage, do you know who the tech was from Northland that looked at your car?

I'm curious if it was the same dude (Blake) that looked at my car as well.

Blake-tall skinny guy with various tats/piercings? He worked @ Fifth Ave for a bit too.

Hmm actually there's been a few techs from Northland move to Fifth Ave....

Chantastic
06-24-2010, 03:15 AM
Oh man. I remember my friend made the mistake of buying a 03 wolfsburg there.

Not only was the service beyond horrible, but the frequent trips back to the dealer because that jetta was falling apart made everything even worse. I remember him not having his car for month's on end with no chance of getting any loaner car. I remember the most simple of repairs ending up being thousands. I remember things not even being fixed when they said they were. And I most strongly remember Scott, the asshole working at one of the desks. One of the prior posts saying the guy refused to let them test drive cause he was going home reminded me of good old Scott. The dealer was supposed to give courtesy rides home to customers who were dropping off cars, that was Scott's job. But oh no! Not Scott! He would always say 'well... I already have someone to drop off.....and then I am going home....so....'

hahaha. When I finally convinced him to get rid of the jetta I think iirc had spent well over 2 grand that year alone just fixing it.

Northland Volkswagen is nothing but :bullshit:. I wish I had thought to document some things like Rage

MGCM
06-24-2010, 04:34 AM
If enough ppl have complaints about the company with evidence to prove they are basically committing theft, can something not be done to legally shut them down? Or at least contact VW Canada to file complaints? We need a Lawyer lol

GTI CANADIAN
06-24-2010, 09:19 AM
I brought my 08 GTI in 2 weeks ago because of misfires. I had been running non OEM plugs for the past 40,000km with no problems.

I got misfires, so I put new ones in. Didn't solve the problem. Brought it to Northland because it is across from where I work.

Dude calls and says, Misfires on Cyl #2. Non-OEM plugs causing it. Told me its $312 to put in new plugs. I said "GET REAL" was charged $70 for a code read.

Put the Oem plugs in: Suprise! same symptoms. went back to Stealership, purchase coil pack for $30, installed in Parking lot....dun dun dun, Car runs perfect.

Needless to say, I'll never go back there again.

Kg810
06-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Damn reading all these posts about Northland VW has me wondering what I would do if I had a VW and needed servicing. I live in the NW and I am strongly considering picking up a 2011 GTI come August.

Since I'd want to avoid having shitty service and a bad experience, which alternative dealership would you guys recommend? Fifth Avenue Auto Haus or South Centre Fine Cars? It's going to suck having to drive further just to get service done.

Also, for those who have a vw now, do you guys have any recommendations on who to deal with? Such a shame that Northland VW is so shitty.

rage2
06-24-2010, 05:05 PM
I've had no problems with the other 2 dealerships for service.

We have beyond insiders at both that can help us out! :thumbsup:

cocoabrova
06-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by MGCM
If enough ppl have complaints about the company with evidence to prove they are basically committing theft, can something not be done to legally shut them down? Or at least contact VW Canada to file complaints? We need a Lawyer lol

No lawyer needed, filing complaints with VW Canada is exactly what you guys should do and BTW the Alberta rep is Ron Nichols :thumbsup:

Originally posted by GTI CANADIAN
I brought my 08 GTI in 2 weeks ago because of misfires. I had been running non OEM plugs for the past 40,000km with no problems.

I got misfires, so I put new ones in. Didn't solve the problem. Brought it to Northland because it is across from where I work.

Dude calls and says, Misfires on Cyl #2. Non-OEM plugs causing it. Told me its $312 to put in new plugs. I said "GET REAL" was charged $70 for a code read.

Put the Oem plugs in: Suprise! same symptoms. went back to Stealership, purchase coil pack for $30, installed in Parking lot....dun dun dun, Car runs perfect.

Is your engine the newer 2.0T CCTA or the older 2.0T BPY cuz you might've gotten the shaft (or shafted more I should say) by Northland Volkswagen.... There's a recall/campaign out right now by VW for faulty ignition coils on certain vehicles (including the BPY-powered cars) and letters have been sent out to the owners. If your car is throwing a CEL and/or misfiring it could be related to the recall/campaign even if you didn't get a letter from VWC and it would be covered under this recall/campaign. In the least, Northland Volkswagen should've covered the coil under warranty either way.

I would give VW Canada a call and look into maybe getting a reimbursement for your coil, as alot of owners that got the letter have been doing if they purchased ign. coils prior the the recall/campaign coming out. Personally I would call VW Canada regardless and voice your concern with your dealings with Northland Volkswagen:thumbsup:

cocoabrova
06-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Found some interesting reading regarding Northland Volkswagen and the BBB, check it here: Northland Volkswagen BBB Review (http://www.bbb.org/calgary/business-reviews/car-dealerships/northland-volkswagen-ltd-in-calgary-ab-34839#ratingdetails)

:eek:

DeeK
06-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Yep, Perry Itzcovitch...

Doesn't surprise me. That dude is a hardass spewing nothing but mental abuse to his employees.

His brother Steve is also a hardass, but in a good way that commands respect. Perry's an idiot.

They own a bunch of dealerships around town. Last I heard they had all the saturn/saab/isuzu dealerships, Northland VW, and an Inifniti dealership. I dunno how true that is now. But Northland VW for sure, obviously.

Chantastic
06-24-2010, 10:38 PM
No surprise here:

"BBB Rating

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:

* Failure to respond to 4 complaints filed against business."

Kg810
06-25-2010, 12:07 AM
I've had no problems with the other 2 dealerships for service.

We have beyond insiders at both that can help us out! :thumbsup:

That's good to hear.

Any recommendations or can you tell who are our beyond insiders? You can PM me if you don't want to post the names here. Thanks.

rage2
06-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Read the thread...

Disoblige
06-25-2010, 12:42 AM
lol those videos are hilarious.

"Phone Number?"
"It's *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*... *beeeeep*"
"Alrighty, we'll contact the service manager and.. we'll see what we can do about it!"

Kg810
06-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Read the thread...

I did.. I was just under the impression that you said "beyond insiders" that it would be more than just 2002civic. And I was also curious as to who to deal with in terms of purchasing and not just service, but that was my bad for not being clear enough.

Cos
06-25-2010, 07:35 AM
Rage, you should really call Northland again. Since you have the videos you are getting a stronger and stronger case. It is crazy they are trying to F you like that.

GTI CANADIAN
06-25-2010, 08:27 AM
I'm thinking I should make a complaint and try to get reimbursed for my $70 code read, and the ~$30 colipack.

It should have been covered under warranty.
Should I contact through the VW website?

cocoabrova
06-25-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm thinking I should make a complaint and try to get reimbursed for my $70 code read, and the ~$30 colipack.

It should have been covered under warranty.
Should I contact through the VW website?

Yes that's probably your best route, should be some contact info on vw.ca :thumbsup:

GTI CANADIAN
06-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Went to the VW.ca, and made a complaint through there online form. Do I really care that much? no, but I'll see what kind of feedback thay have, and if they really care about there customers.

This is my complaint, half copy and paste:

I brought my 08 GTI in 2 or 3 weeks ago because of misfires. I had been running non OEM plugs for the past 40,000km with no problems whatsoever. I'm also very mechanically inclined, and have a background in engineering.

I got misfires, so I installed new spark plugs, which didn't solve the problem. Brought it to Northland because it is across from where I work.

Put the Oem plugs in: Suprise! same symptoms of misfires. went back to the northland VW Stealership, purchased a new coil pack for $30, installed in Parking lot....dun dun dun, Car runs perfect.

Also, the "Diagnosis" for which I paid $70, was only communicated to me verbally, I had no printout of the actual fault codes themselves. All I received was a printed receipt for $70 that did not list the faults. What kind of BS is that?

I'm also strongly considering GETTING A JAPANESE BRAND VEHICLE.

I would like to be reimbursed the $70 for a code read/Diagnosis.

I am not an idiot, and I don't expect to be treated like one.

I'm thinking I should have bought a HONDA.

Cos
06-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Went to the VW.ca, and made a complaint through there online form. Do I really care that much? no, but I'll see what kind of feedback thay have, and if they really care about there customers.

This is my complaint, half copy and paste:

I brought my 08 GTI in 2 or 3 weeks ago because of misfires. I had been running non OEM plugs for the past 40,000km with no problems whatsoever. I'm also very mechanically inclined, and have a background in engineering.

I got misfires, so I installed new spark plugs, which didn't solve the problem. Brought it to Northland because it is across from where I work.

Put the Oem plugs in: Suprise! same symptoms of misfires. went back to the northland VW Stealership, purchased a new coil pack for $30, installed in Parking lot....dun dun dun, Car runs perfect.

Also, the "Diagnosis" for which I paid $70, was only communicated to me verbally, I had no printout of the actual fault codes themselves. All I received was a printed receipt for $70 that did not list the faults. What kind of BS is that?

I'm also strongly considering GETTING A JAPANESE BRAND VEHICLE.

I would like to be reimbursed the $70 for a code read/Diagnosis.

I am not an idiot, and I don't expect to be treated like one.

I'm thinking I should have bought a HONDA.

Is that the actual email you sent them?

GTI CANADIAN
06-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Yeah, hahahahah. Like I said, I really don't care that much. My warranty expires in 7,000kms, plus I have a few mods.

In before Typical Beyond.ca FACEPALM

Slightly off topic, but I was reading a thread on the Vwvortex yesterday that was saying VW is requiring all dealers to flag any cars with mods. it was a new thread, and they started arguing that it was only in Cali. Jury is still out..:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4929286-FYI-Service-Dept.-s-tagging-modified-cars

rage2
06-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Rage, you should really call Northland again. Since you have the videos you are getting a stronger and stronger case. It is crazy they are trying to F you like that.
Why? It was $120 bucks. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Too late for them to fix their problems now. I'll be happy telling my story.

Cos
06-25-2010, 10:16 AM

Why? It was $120 bucks. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Too late for them to fix their problems now. I'll be happy telling my story.

Maybe I hold a grudge longer :rofl: