PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale/dealer book price on a vehicle......?

frozenrice
06-12-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm wondering if any sales guys on here would be able to tell me what the book price on an 03 Odessy would be? EX-L trim. 200,000kms 8/10 interior exterior. Transmission seems good. Thanks.

T-Dubbs
06-12-2010, 10:34 AM
book price? or retail
book price wouldnt be much for something 7years old with that kinda kms.
i work at a used lot, and see these alot.
you could probly sell it for around 4-5k

masoncgy
06-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Canadian Black Book price range is $4,125 to $6,000 for that vehicle going off the information provided.

frozenrice
06-12-2010, 10:57 AM
I feel dumb asking this, but I can't remember if the Black Book is dealer or retail pricing. I've heard of Blue Book, but I'm not sure if that is something different. :dunno: I'm comparing prices that I'm seeing on auto trader and everything seems significantly more money than the price I'm dealing on for similar year, mileage and trim level. I was told I was getting close to wholesale, which sounds about right from what you guys are saying.

jwslam
06-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
I feel dumb asking this, but I can't remember if the Black Book is dealer or retail pricing. I've heard of Blue Book, but I'm not sure if that is something different. :dunno: I'm comparing prices that I'm seeing on auto trader and everything seems significantly more money than the price I'm dealing on for similar year, mileage and trim level. I was told I was getting close to wholesale, which sounds about right from what you guys are saying.

I thought blackbook is insurer's? Meaning they value the car, doesn't matter km/condition as they're writing it off :dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
06-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Black book is an average of dealer auction sale pricing. A vehicle of that age and mileage would actually fall into the gray book which is an average of what these vehicles sell for at wholesale, used car auctions etc.

911fever
06-12-2010, 12:01 PM
about $4-$5k

masoncgy
06-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Black Book is used by Canadian auto dealers to provide wholesale/trade-in pricing.