PDA

View Full Version : FS: Linksys WRT54GS w/ DD-WRT installed

TorqueDog
06-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm selling a Linksys WRT54GS (Hardware v5.0). This is a 10/100 wired - 54 Mbps Wireless-b/g router.

In essence, one of these:
http://static.www.odcdn.com/pictures/us/od/sk/lg/522432_sk_lg.jpg

I've installed the latest version of the DD-WRT Micro firmware on this unit and it works great. I have been using it as a Wireless-G Client Bridge until this morning. I've migrated the last piece of my network to a full Wireless-N and figure someone else could get some use out of this unit.

If you've used the DD-WRT firmware before, you know it just completely opens up what these routers are truly capable of. I've also maxed out the available RAM (8 MB by default, now 16 MB available) for better performance.

What you get:
1x WRT54GS v5 Router w/ DD-WRT Micro
1x AD 12/1A Power Adapter for the WRT54GS
1x CAT 5e Patch cable

I've reset the password on the unit to admin/admin, the LAN IP is 192.168.5.250, and I've re-enabled DHCP so it should work relatively plug-n-play. It's completely web-administered like a normal WRT54GS, but the amount of options you have available with this firmware is unbelievable.

Compare vs a new one for between $60-$70, you have the stock firmware (which is neutered horribly) and almost all the new Cisco/Linksys consumer wireless routers have the intergrated antennas (no way to upgrade for better reception).

$30 takes it.

TorqueDog
06-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Forgot to add, I am open to offers.

thetransporter
06-15-2010, 12:48 AM
dude man change 40 intead of 30.