PDA

View Full Version : ECO Dentworks

Kozikman
06-12-2010, 04:14 PM
My car has accumulated a bunch of door dings, and various other small to medium size dents over the year. I decided it was time to get it all fixed. At first I went to DNT on memorial and they quoted me about $300 for the three dents in the pictures below and 3 very minor dents :eek: . I drove by ECO Dentworks and thought I'd get a quote while I'm in the area, and got a quote for $189 :hitit: .

Here were the three main dents I wanted fixed. I also had about 3 more minor door dings that are not in the picture because they were so hard to see.

Before:

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/Fuijin/DSC00689.jpg
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/Fuijin/DSC00687.jpg
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/Fuijin/DSC00686.jpg

After:

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/Fuijin/DSC00694.jpg
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/Fuijin/DSC00692.jpg
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/Fuijin/DSC00691.jpg

I dealt with Sasha when I went for a quote, dropped off the car and for pick up. He was great to deal with, very friendly. I dropped off the car at 8am, and the car was ready at 4:15pm. Did a quick around inspection and noticed that a couple more (around 3) dings I have not mentioned are gone! My car is now absolutely dent / ding free :bigpimp: totally happy with the service, price and the amount of time it took. I for one will be dealing with ECO Dentworks from now on.

Hope this thread was helpful. :goflames:

rampagesauce
07-08-2010, 05:44 PM
very helpful! just got dinged twice.

AE92_TreunoSC
07-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Just as a reminder, ECO works has Brian formally from DNT on memorial if I recall.

My shop works and refers with ECO all the time and we've had extremely good results from them for very reasonable prices.

icky2unk
07-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Can vouche for Sasha, have been going to him for years!

Will be getting my hail repaired by him as well.

Phenix
07-19-2010, 02:04 PM
thanks for the info. will be getting a small dent looked at tonight. :thumbsup:

PD77
07-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Another huge +1 to the guys at Eco...they removed a boulder sized dent from a rally-x session and all that remains is a small scratch.

jellynuts
02-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Hello Beyond,

If you want the short version: I highly recommend ECO Dentworks.

For the lengthy version, keep reading :)

I thought I would create a new thread, but forum clutter is a pet peeve of mine. Let me also say that I've lurked on this forum for a long time, leeching whatever good information or tips I can find on local shops (or stalking the marketplace for good deals), but I am more active on TSXClub.com.

Anyway, I just want to give back and contribute to the community with a few reviews of my own!

After reading Kozikman's review here, along with other positive replies and Tomco's blessing from another thread, I decided to check out ECO for myself.

Early in December, we had a windy day with high traffic volume in our school parking lot for Parent Teacher Interviews (I'm a teacher, and we don't have allocated staff parking ><). Well, either a parent didn't like me very much, or the wind picked up because I got to drive home with a meteor sized crater and a pea sized inverted nipple in the center of that on my rear passenger side door.

The person never fessed up, but man... If I could find him or her, I'd be happy to put another dent in my car... with their face.

Anyway, having done the research here, I called up ECO, and took the car in for a quote.

Sasha took a look, and he was a kind and gentle person to deal with! Maybe I'm just naive, but in my experience, people in the automotive repair industry tend to be arrogant and intimidating.

Anyway, Sasha was not like that. But he was professional and forthright. He said, because the impact was so deep, the metal would have stretched. And so they wouldn't be able to restore it fully, but they could make it look much better. The quote he then gave me was $100 for the fix. $105 with tax.

When I got the car back, I was very impressed with the fix! It wasn't perfect, but it was as Sasha said, MUCH better. In fact, if 100% was the condition before the dent, I would give this 98%. The metal was straight and smooth, and there is only a slight warp in the reflection upon close inspection. From a distance, it is not noticeable.

Soo... I was and am content.

I met Brian while picking up the car, and he's a very nice person too. And I'm not just saying that because he charged me only $80 in the end.

I highly recommend ECO Dentworks!

Afrodeziak
02-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I've done some work for Brian at the shop and can also vouch that dealing with them from my perspective was a great transaction.

Gorilla
02-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Just got my Lexus RX350 back from EcoDent and they did an awesome job..Suprised how quick it was

5STARS

InRich
02-18-2011, 01:59 PM
This is why I park my new car and old car in the VERY back of every parking lot I always goto, and at slight slant, even though most of you think I'm a douche bag for doing so. So many disrespecting people in this city giving other cars door dings, cause their either too fat to get outta their cars properly, or jsut dont give a shit... makes me sick.

ercchry
02-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by InRich
This is why I park my new car and old car in the VERY back of every parking lot I always goto, and at slight slant, even though most of you think I'm a douche bag for doing so. So many disrespecting people in this city giving other cars door dings, cause their either too fat to get outta their cars properly, or jsut dont give a shit... makes me sick.

you realize that doing that just draws attention to you right? and there are people that will notice your parking and park nice and close to you for the luuullzzz

if you want to avoid dings... buy a jeep! rock rails protect doors, giant plastic fenders dont "ding" :rofl:

InRich
02-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

you realize that doing that just draws attention to you right? and there are people that will notice your parking and park nice and close to you for the luuullzzz

if you want to avoid dings... buy a jeep! rock rails protect doors, giant plastic fenders dont &quot;ding&quot; :rofl:

thats fine as long as they dont ding me. I had my accord for 8 years using this method and not one door ding. The last week I had the car, the buyer asked me to replace the windshield, so I did, and started parking the car normally... behold, a fucking door ding.

In 01. I bought a new prelude, and within the first month of parking normally, door dings.

I HATE door dings, and I actually check my car daily for them before I leave my house, believe it, I do a walk around, so if theres a door ding on my car at a parking lot, I would know who did it.

jellynuts
02-19-2011, 07:41 PM

thats fine as long as they dont ding me. I had my accord for 8 years using this method and not one door ding. The last week I had the car, the buyer asked me to replace the windshield, so I did, and started parking the car normally... behold, a fucking door ding.

In 01. I bought a new prelude, and within the first month of parking normally, door dings.

I HATE door dings, and I actually check my car daily for them before I leave my house, believe it, I do a walk around, so if theres a door ding on my car at a parking lot, I would know who did it.

InRich, I sympathize with you completely. I cannot abide with how some people have of no regard for other's properties'. My only fear with parking away from others is as ercchry said: Others will intentionally damage the car. But I do it anyway :P

I guess there are advantages to driving beaters like Jeeps. :angel:

ddduke
02-20-2011, 11:15 AM

I used to do this too, parked my car sideways in the back of a parking lot. When I came back the whole trunk was keyed. People are just fucked.

InRich
02-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

I used to do this too, parked my car sideways in the back of a parking lot. When I came back the whole trunk was keyed. People are just fucked.

wow.... just wow.