PDA

View Full Version : Started working out

R!zz0
06-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey guys,

I started working out about 2 weeks ago. I started slow and was burning 300 calories in an hour or so. I am now over working myself and i feel fine and i burn 600-800 calories in 1.5 hrs. I'm not that big, i am 5'6 160 lbs. I still have a bit of belly fat but my clothes are starting to fit me better. I can button up my slim fit suits but i haven't lost any inches from my waist. My diet is good and i watch what i eat. Will my love handles and back fat go away soon if i keep up or is there a special workout for those area?

BenC
06-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Keep it up. Its only been 2 weeks

Speed_69
06-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by BenC
Keep it up. Its only been 2 weeks
:werd: Continue for the next couple months and you're going to notice some good results.

dandia89
06-13-2010, 01:34 PM
include a weight training routine eventually

R!zz0
06-13-2010, 01:38 PM
^ I warm up doing weights for half hour before doing cardio.

C_Dave45
06-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
^ I warm up doing weights for half hour before doing cardio. You should be doing that before weights. Doing cardio gets blood and oxygen to all your muscles. Then you do the weights. Lifting will burn calories AFTER your workout (during muscle-repair) cardio burns calories AS your doing it. Put them both together and you have the best of both worlds. But always do your cardio first.

revelations
06-13-2010, 02:34 PM
:werd: cardio AFTER weights

R!zz0
06-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Good to know :thumbsup:

max_boost
06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Here's a wicked site.

www.stronglifts.com

scboss
06-13-2010, 05:12 PM
im starting to think u work for them:D

max_boost
06-13-2010, 05:49 PM
haha me?

I post it up because seriously there's so much shit on the internet, it's hard for a n00b to filter through all of it. Once you get your basics down, then you can mix it up imo. It is a very easy to read/informative site.

Like in Poker, in the beginning, only play top 10 hands. After you get good, you can start raising 2/7 off under the gun haha :rofl:

R!zz0
06-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Awesome article...Number 10 is the best. I ask a lot of questions and they're very friendly with their answers and give me ideas on how to do things.

"Believe. Listen to those who have walked the path before you. You can achieve anything you want if you copy what they do. Aim high with your goals and believe in yourself. If they can do it, you can do it."

That's so true :)

dandia89
06-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by revelations
:werd: cardio AFTER weights
i think you got it backwards

liquidboi69
06-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
always do your cardio first.
Cardio should be after weights.

The rational of cardio after weights is that your muscles will have less fuel/glycogen after lifting, and you will be burning off more fat, instead of energy stores during the cardio.

However, this hinders your cardio workout (if increasing your cardiovascular capacity is your goal.) So if cardio is the goal, then cardio should be first. But for most people, cardio should be second because most people do it to burn fat, not the develope better conditioning.

There are some that do cardio as a warmup. However, you can do tonnes of things that aren't cardio for a warmup (ie: mobility drills, dynamic stretching, lighter weight sets.) Also, to add to this, most professional bodybuilders do light cardio after lifting, and not before.

scboss
06-13-2010, 07:58 PM
yeah depends on your goals. I personally prefer to do cardio and weights on different days but thats just my opinion

Darkane
06-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
Hey guys,

I started working out about 2 weeks ago. I started slow and was burning 300 calories in an hour or so. I am now over working myself and i feel fine and i burn 600-800 calories in 1.5 hrs. I'm not that big, i am 5'6 160 lbs. I still have a bit of belly fat but my clothes are starting to fit me better. I can button up my slim fit suits but i haven't lost any inches from my waist. My diet is good and i watch what i eat. Will my love handles and back fat go away soon if i keep up or is there a special workout for those area?

yes the back fat and love handles 'might' go eventually.

There is no special training for them, but a diet low in Carbs ( Less than 50grams/day) will take care of low back/love handles.

Eat lots of lean proteins. Meals of Chicken breasts, salad's with an olive oil based dressing with mixed vegetables on the side. Stuff like that.

C_Dave45
06-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69

Cardio should be after weights.

The rational of cardio after weights is that your muscles will have less fuel/glycogen after lifting, and you will be burning off more fat, instead of energy stores during the cardio.

However, this hinders your cardio workout (if increasing your cardiovascular capacity is your goal.) So if cardio is the goal, then cardio should be first. But for most people, cardio should be second because most people do it to burn fat, not the develope better conditioning.

There are some that do cardio as a warmup. However, you can do tonnes of things that aren't cardio for a warmup (ie: mobility drills, dynamic stretching, lighter weight sets.) Also, to add to this, most professional bodybuilders do light cardio after lifting, and not before.

Hmm...very interesting. I might try that for a while. I'm both trying to burn fat, but also increase my stamina for hockey. Maybe try some warm ups to get the blood pumping...then finish the workout with the cardio. I either run for 25 minutes or the cross trainer for about 35 minutes.