PDA

View Full Version : Review: Beyond sponsor JDM Source

rumeo
06-13-2010, 05:26 PM
This past week I visited JDM Source because beyond recommended me to do so, and firstly I would like to state I don't regret the decision at all.

The engine on my civic had died and I needed a swap to be done, and they quoted me the price of $1150 for a d15b engine w/ auto tranny (price included labour and fluids). I sent it over on Wednesday and it was done by Saturday. The whole time I was dealing with Shoiab (I hope I spelt your name right, my apologies otherwise), and he was extremely helpful. He answered all my noob questions and gave me HONEST advice on what I need to do/what wasn't needed. While doing the swap they saw my passenger side drive shaft was done and needed to be replaced. Shoiab only charged me for the parts and no labour.

At this point in time my civic is running smoothly and I couldn't be happier. I realized Option Import recently closed down, and I urge beyond to support these guys with whatever business you took to Option Import.

For the beyonders located in the south and think JDM Source is too far, you're gonna be at speed tech anyways buying parts, just go down the street and see JDM!
:poosie: :poosie:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-13-2010, 05:36 PM
+1 for JDM Source, awesome service!

dj_rice
06-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Shoaib is the man :thumbsup:

403ep3
06-13-2010, 09:21 PM
rumeo, auto :barf:

Shaoib :thumbsup:

01RedDX
06-13-2010, 10:06 PM

suprame
06-13-2010, 10:11 PM
+1 for shoaib, honest and helpful guy :clap:

sr20s14zenki
06-13-2010, 10:13 PM
+1, most honest engine supplier in calgary.

I do ALOT of sr20 swaps with his engines, and he always makes sure to take care of the customer with whatever parts he needs to make sure the swap is a success.

dj_rice
06-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

I do ALOT of sr20 swaps with his engines, and he always makes sure to take care of the customer with whatever parts he needs to make sure the swap is a success.

:werd: :werd: :werd: I've heard a story about a guy buying a SR20 engine, installing it and then it broke 10,000KM later because of a dent in the oil pan, Shoaib gave the guy a replacement no charge, no questions asked. Thats customer service :thumbsup:

sr20s14zenki
06-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

:werd: :werd: :werd: I've heard a story about a guy buying a SR20 engine, installing it and then it broke 10,000KM later because of a dent in the oil pan, Shoaib gave the guy a replacement no charge, no questions asked. Thats customer service :thumbsup:

We had one that was DOA, started knocking on startup due to knock caused by excessive bearing clearances. He had a replacement to us to drop in the next day :thumbsup:

thats what i call customer service.

as for that one with a dent in the oilpan, the person that installed it obviously didnt know what they were doing, because if you have a dent in the oilpan, you either will get shit oil pressure right off the bat, and your top end will be loud as shit, or your oil light will atleast flicker at idle and low rpms. But good on him for replacing it anyways.

turbotrip
06-13-2010, 10:48 PM
JDM source has always gone above and beyond any expectations for their customers

dj_rice
06-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Shoaib is like the local crack dealer, he sells you premium grade A blow and once you try it, your hooked and always come back for more and always referring ur friends to his hookup.

Not sure what hes driving now, but he use to have a pimp ass B20 EK Civic and this gangster 4 door green Integra. :love:

streethondas
06-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Shoaib is like the local crack dealer, he sells you premium grade A blow and once you try it, your hooked and always come back for more and always referring ur friends to his hookup.

+1 I always recommend by buddies to him... Just cause he hooks me up with awesome deals :D

ps: I <3 you Shoaib ;)

msommers
06-13-2010, 11:14 PM
It's fantastic to hear positive feedback instead of the usual guys getting fucked over :)

rumeo
06-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3
rumeo, auto :barf:

Shaoib :thumbsup:

You wouldn't say no to a free civic would you?

:poosie:

Originally posted by 01RedDX
Well the price is definitely sweet. I've seen low-km D15B's alone sell for a lot more than your total cost with labour.
Must be crazy high miles on that one (not that it matters on a good Honda engine.)

This new engine had less then a 100k on it

:bigpimp:

EM1FTW
06-14-2010, 02:00 AM
+1 for Shoaib
awesome dude to deal with and definitely knows how to deal with customers. no run-around bs just to try and upsell you.
honest advice and service!
:hitit:

92s13SR20
06-14-2010, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

I aM currently running one of his SR20's and i couldnt be happier....the engine had a couple of sMall issues in the beginning but he was More then willing to fix theM and now My engine is running stronger then ever....Most of red deer's iMports are froM Shoaib....between Myself and 3 other guys we have bought/reffered 6 people/ourselves to buy his cars in the past 4-5 Months.....best guy in alberta for any noob iMport questions you Might encounter.

Revhard
06-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by suprame
+1 for shoaib, honest and helpful guy :clap:

This. Always heard good things and have dealt with him myself on several occasions. Straight shooter. Glad all went well as usual.:thumbsup:

ekguy
06-14-2010, 10:52 AM
:thumbsup: from me. They had a transmission for my Legend when mine crapped out and I got a crazy good price and amazing service.

Gibson
06-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Do they do service on JDM cars?

inline6turbo
06-15-2010, 01:27 PM
I've always had amazing service at JDM Source. Shoaib is wonderful to deal with and a very honest man. I bought parts and a GTR through him, the parts were as described and my GTR was flawless.

A++++

JordanEG6
06-15-2010, 01:39 PM
+1

My cars were practically built with good quality JDMSource parts.

cort@urbanX
06-15-2010, 01:51 PM
:thumbsup: for Shoaib and JDM source.

He's a good honest business man that cares about all of his customers and does his best to look after them. I've bought several motors and tons of jdm goodies and he's always been 100% honest about every purchase. Would highly recommend JDM Source to anybody looking for a motor, jdm car, or jdm parts.

Sorath
06-15-2010, 09:53 PM
shoaib is the mang!!! :thumbsup:

Justin-88
06-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by cort@urbanX
:thumbsup: for Shoaib and JDM source.

He's a good honest business man that cares about all of his customers and does his best to look after them. I've bought several motors and tons of jdm goodies and he's always been 100% honest about every purchase. Would highly recommend JDM Source to anybody looking for a motor, jdm car, or jdm parts.

They sell cars ? ive been to there site like a millon times and never seen any cars for sale. Or am i just fucked.

sr20s14zenki
06-15-2010, 10:49 PM
http://www.jdmautogarage.com/v2/

dj_rice
06-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes he slings cars also but don't expect much from that website, Shoaib is too busy to update it. And he never lists his inventory till he gets it to keep you waiting and anticipating, just like a crack dealer.

inline6turbo
06-15-2010, 11:18 PM
I just wait for him to post in the marketplace here on beyond. His cars are always awesome and come with lots of goodies :D