PDA

View Full Version : Ferraris Powered By Fuel Made From Canadian Straw In Sunday’s Grand Prix

Markham
06-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Hi guys

I thought this was a cool story from the Canadian Grand Prix...didn't see it reported anywhere else.

http://www.calgarybeacon.com/2010/06/ferraris-powered-by-fuel-made-from-canadian-straw-in-sundays-grand-prix/

Markham

Xtrema
06-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Too bad it's only a 3rd place finish. Would be a much better story if they finish in the podium higher.

BTW Markham, you are a bad blogger. You just copy and paste Shell's press release without quoting the source.

http://www.shell.ca/home/content/can-en/aboutshell/media_centre/news_and_media_releases/2010/june10_canadian_advanced_biofuel_in_ferrari_race_fuel.html

Cos
06-14-2010, 08:57 AM
good, I am glad part of my food supply is going towards fuel consumption. More oil for me to eat. :facepalm:

Xtrema
06-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Cos
good, I am glad part of my food supply is going towards fuel consumption. More oil for me to eat. :facepalm:

I think they use waste from wheat farming. Not 100% sure tho.

Cos
06-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I think they use waste from wheat farming. Not 100% sure tho.

ah good. I remember reading a report where farmers were going from grain to canola so they could sell it as bio fuels. :thumbsdow

Xtrema
06-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Cos

ah good. I remember reading a report where farmers were going from grain to canola so they could sell it as bio fuels. :thumbsdow

That's Husky/Mohawk.

94boosted
06-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Cos

"The cellulosic ethanol was produced at Iogen Energy’s demonstration plant in Ottawa using non-food wheat straw and advanced conversion processes."

scat330
06-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

BTW Markham, you are a bad blogger. You just copy and paste Shell's press release without quoting the source.

http://www.shell.ca/home/content/can-en/aboutshell/media_centre/news_and_media_releases/2010/june10_canadian_advanced_biofuel_in_ferrari_race_fuel.html

lol that's a near word for word copy. Change a few words here and there doesn't make it your work. My english 10 teacher told me so :rofl:

Markham
06-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Standard newspaper practice to rewrite press releases with minimal changes, especially on these types of stories. Plenty of papers publish releases with no changes whatsoever. And I did indicate my source...."according to Shell." Plus you'll notice that the story has no byline...we're not claiming this as a Calgary Beacon original news story. This is similar to the Herald or the Sun running a wire story. You should have paid more attention in English 10...lol

Originally posted by scat330

lol that's a near word for word copy. Change a few words here and there doesn't make it your work. My english 10 teacher told me so :rofl:

Markham
06-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Couldn't let this one go by. The Calgary Beacon is not a blog, it is an online daily newspaper. A blog is almost always one person's opinion. The Beacon has reporters, columnists (both local and national), and editors like myself chime in with news stories, op-ed pieces, etc. We try to adhere to standard newspaper practice and guidelines.

That being said, we do occasionally make a mistake. It happens. And it always surprises me how eager people are to jump on us for one spelling mistake in a story, or some other minor error.

We're the only Calgary newspaper that provides regular coverage of motorsport and automotive news. We do our best to give you, our readers, the best stories possible. If you catch a mistake or something that looks out of place, please cut us a little slack, guys, we're only human.

Markham :0)

http://www.shell.ca/home/content/can-en/aboutshell/media_centre/news_and_media_releases/2010/june10_canadian_advanced_biofuel_in_ferrari_race_fuel.html [/B][/QUOTE]