PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a programmer for a C5?

Kloubek
06-14-2010, 11:48 AM
So, as the title states, I'm looking for anyone who might have a DiabloSport Predator or similar programmer which would be suitable for a C5. I don't want to buy it... just want to use it for 5 minutes.

Thanks!

V8 LOL
06-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Have you tried calling davenport auto or someone like that? They might let you use it.

Kloubek
06-15-2010, 09:34 AM
I have not. I guess I always figured a business isn't willing to do anything for anyone unless they pay. :) I could give it a shot....

Shlade
06-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Ive got a diablo Predator, What do you need it for?

Kloubek
06-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Shlade: I want to lower the temperature at which my fans come on. The car is running a little warm, and even though Corvettes DO run warm and it is in acceptable limits, I would feel more comfortable lowering the temperature a little.

I did indeed talk to Davenport today, but was told that the programmer is only good for one car. Is that true?

Anomaly
06-15-2010, 10:49 AM
I think the Predators will lock themselves to a VIN, so that the person would have to restore there ECM to stock then they could use it on your 'vette

Shlade
06-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Im pretty sure the programmer is only good if your installing a custom tune on the car, You cant use it more than once on another car.

Its worth the $275 for them. The diablo is a lot better in the long run than the SCT. You can adjust your gear ratios, engine temp, spark... etc..

Its worth the buy.

GOnSHO
06-15-2010, 12:18 PM
kloubek,

the diablo is the best bang for your buck!! great buy, i plan on picking one up for my Ram here pretty quick.

you could find someone with HPTuners to tune the car for you, costing only 100.00 to unlock the VIN and you have INFINITE tunes.. so.

Ekliptix
06-15-2010, 12:33 PM
If you bring it to Dynomotive or any other tuner, they can make those adjustments by connecting their laptop to your ecu. I had my C5 tuned in Edmonton, and they adjusted the fan activation temps, and I didn't have to buy a programmer. You may as well get it tuned while you're there and pick up some hp.

Kloubek
06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks guys.