PDA

View Full Version : Sewage Pipe Help

2.2vtec
06-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Just a few hours ago my sewage in my basement was backing up every time I ran the water or flushed the toilet....so I called the city to come and have a look.

They put some wire down the pipe in my basement and pulled up a rock and they said they felt the pvc pipe move as if it was disconnected somewhere.

They gave me a number to call for the city to determine where the break happened. They said if it occurred on my property line I would have to pay 11k -20k to fix the problem. If its on the city line then they pay...

what can i do? will home owners insurance cover this if its on my property line?!

I do live in a new build area maybe this happened because of the lots around me getting worked on?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Cos
06-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Insurance would most likely cover it, you are going to need a plumber though. They are right, all services on your property are your responsibility.

dr_jared88
06-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Unless insurance policy is different in Calgary then it is here in Regina, I don't think that will be covered. I could be wrong though.

First things first would be to get someone out to camera the line and determine where the break is.

2.2vtec
06-15-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm hoping its on city line, the house is not even a year and half old for it to shift and break from normal movements.

I left a message for the supervisor of city sewage to come out and have a look. Emailed the builder and CC'ed Alberta new home warrenty (just in case), and left a msg with insurance.

Hoping to hear back soon.

sillysod
06-18-2010, 11:49 AM
If it's a newer home then ALberta HOme Owners warranty will cover it :thumbsup:

Kloubek
06-18-2010, 12:05 PM
^^^ This!