PDA

View Full Version : 89 lude

ludespeed89si
09-01-2002, 11:51 PM
i recently bought a 89 honda prelude si and i am wondering if they have good acceleration and speed and if its worth putting money into?

Weapon_R
09-02-2002, 03:14 PM
If you already bought it don't u know about the acceleration and speed??

From experience, don't bother trying to make that car go fast. There is virtually no aftermarket support for this vehicle, and anything you install will either have to be custom made or purchased quite expensively.

LUDELVR
09-02-2002, 03:51 PM
This is true. Although there was a company that made a homemade turbo kit for that car (the guy worked outta his garage I believe) it is no longer for sale. But from what I heard, he sold a lot of kits and the kit basically pushed some 3rd gen ludes into the 14's. Not bad at all!!! As for other mods, I wouldn't even bother with the basic bolt ons. had that car, and in my opinion, wasn't worth modding up....engine wise. As for suspension, it has the 4ws system and that you might want to upgrade and consider autocross!! Would be fun!!:thumbsup:

bosa
09-02-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by ludespeed89si
i recently bought a 89 honda prelude si and i am wondering if they have good acceleration and speed and if its worth putting money into?

Why would you buy a car and not know about the acceleration and speed?Thats pretty stupid.....I guess you dont car shop very well:confused:I dont think its worth souping up:dunno:

Beastly Power
09-02-2002, 08:33 PM
well i disagree :thumbsdow i think you can have a nice looking ride and if u got enough $$$ u can make that thing GO:thumbsup:

Audi Kid
09-02-2002, 11:57 PM
what the fuck is with this NOT ALOT OF AFTERMARKET SUPPORT bullshit....its cause not every fucking person on the road has the fucking car........jesus if someone tells me that abuoght my car i say fuck you.......i love it and sure it costs me a shit load sure there is basiclally NO after market support but i like my car and ill find ways to make it faster and more apealing....so fuck whoever says to be a bitch and get a 99 civic..............do what you wanna do man.

T5_X
09-03-2002, 04:49 AM
How does 4whl steering feel in a FWD car? I've only felt it on RWD (240sx) and I hated it

Aleks
09-03-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Audi Kid
what the fuck is with this NOT ALOT OF AFTERMARKET SUPPORT bullshit....its cause not every fucking person on the road has the fucking car........jesus if someone tells me that abuoght my car i say fuck you.......i love it and sure it costs me a shit load sure there is basiclally NO after market support but i like my car and ill find ways to make it faster and more apealing....so fuck whoever says to be a bitch and get a 99 civic..............do what you wanna do man.

Hell yeah!

Audi Kid
09-03-2002, 12:36 PM
i was on a rage last night...heh :devil:

Dope Dealer
09-03-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Although there was a company that made a homemade turbo kit for that car (the guy worked outta his garage I believe) it is no longer for sale.

You should start your own business Leo! :rofl:

LUDELVR
09-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

You should start your own business Leo! :rofl:

haha, I actually considering turboing my 88 lude, but those cars are notorious for burning oil and losing compression, but still, if you were to turbo it, it would be fast but in terms of longevity, I'm not sure how long it would last!!! But again, it would be fast!!! hahaha:rofl: :thumbsup: