PDA

View Full Version : Mcgill will PAY you $500 to try cocaine...

Super_Geo
12-15-2003, 05:19 AM
;)

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/12/09/mcgill_cocaine031209

buh_buh
12-15-2003, 05:35 AM
"Leyton doesn't believe his study will turn people into cocaine addicts."

riiiiight....
isn't cocaine supposed to be the most addictive drug on the market?

4wheeldrift
12-15-2003, 07:56 AM
I don't think $500 is nearly enough considering how badly that shit can screw you up.

roopi
12-15-2003, 08:59 AM
This doesn't make sense. Why would he pay regular cocaine users $500 to use cocaine. It can't be that hard to find regular cocaine users to do this for free. After all they're going to do it anyways and they get some free cocaine this way.

DeSi
12-15-2003, 09:04 AM
i wish someone told me this before

GTS Jeff
12-15-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by DeSi
i wish someone told me this before uh why??

rc2002
12-15-2003, 09:50 AM
If they're all regular cocaine users to begin with then they're probably addicts already. And maybe the protein shakes from the study will help them shake off their addictions... :)

DUBBED
12-15-2003, 10:55 AM
that better be one powerful protein shake.... hahhaa...

littledan
12-15-2003, 11:03 AM
well lets hope that they can figure out a way to reduce the addictiveness of that shit

davidI
12-15-2003, 11:07 AM
I'm happy my tax money is going to fund coke heads. Seriously why would they pay these guys to do this? I could have found 10 volunteers if they were supplying the coke!

^SkylinE^
12-15-2003, 12:38 PM
:werd: :barf:

buh_buh
12-15-2003, 02:45 PM
hm... so this is basically what's happening.

They are paying cokeheads to do coke, then quit.
I don't see any downsides to the cokeheads.
They get $500 AND get to quit.

davidI
12-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
hm... so this is basically what's happening.

They are paying cokeheads to do coke, then quit.
I don't see any downsides to the cokeheads.
They get $500 AND get to quit.

exactly...and do you think he could have found 10 coke heads who would have voluntarily quit?

I love my tax money going to fuel such b.s.

A_3
12-15-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by DeSi
i wish someone told me this before

shut up!!! ^^^ They probably have to use relative newbies to see if the shakes work or not. But thats still a pretty big risk to take for $500 considering some of the things cocaine can do to you

Weasel
12-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by A_3

shut up!!! ^^^ They probably have to use relative newbies to see if the shakes work or not. But thats still a pretty big risk to take for $500 considering some of the things cocaine can do to you

What risk, these are people already using coke. They don't risk anything, they get free coke and $500.00

Chester
12-15-2003, 05:06 PM
i would never touch that shit, $500 is not worth it at all

ryder_23
12-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Weasel

What risk, these are people already using coke. They don't risk anything, they get free coke and $500.00

not to mention possibly being off the addiction :thumbsup:

hash
12-16-2003, 07:47 PM
"Leyton doesn't believe his study will turn people into cocaine addicts."

riiiiight....

Actually... Cocaine isn't all thats its 'cracked' up to be (forgive the pun).:)

Especially since these guys are going to be doing powdered cocaine (cocaine hydrochloride) - which doesn't bring about as fast a rush as freebase or crack cocaine. The faster the rush... the stronger the addiction. The addiction is only brought about by repeated use... several times a day etc.

ie: The positive reinforcement brought about by every high is what causes the 'addiction'. So what this prof. is trying to do actually makes sense ... to find out how to reduce the euphoria brought about by the drug...

...but paying the guys $500 is a totally different story!

EG STyLeZ
12-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by hash

Especially since these guys are going to be doing powdered cocaine (cocaine hydrochloride) - which doesn't bring about as fast a rush as freebase or crack cocaine. The faster the rush... the stronger the addiction. The addiction is only brought about by repeated use... several times a day etc.

ie: The positive reinforcement brought about by every high is what causes the 'addiction'. So what this prof. is trying to do actually makes sense ... to find out how to reduce the euphoria brought about by the drug...

Cocaine is considered to be one of the most addictive drugs. One single use can get you addicted.

hondarunner
12-16-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by hash

the reason why cocain is such an addicting drung is because the first time a person uses it they experience and xtreme high that whill never be reached again. The addictiveness of this drug comes from the users trying to experience this high again.

hjr
12-16-2003, 08:38 PM
riiiiight....

Originally posted by EG STyLeZ

Cocaine is considered to be one of the most addictive drugs. One single use can get you addicted.
Again, its not actually the most addictive. It is quite addictive, but Drugs such as Meth are indeed more addictive.

illeagle
12-16-2003, 08:41 PM
*sniff* five hundred bucks!! WOW....$500.00 worth of coke please

Or they give you $500 worth of coke, and if you want the cash, you gotta sell it

EG STyLeZ
12-17-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by hjr

Again, its not actually the most addictive. It is quite addictive, but Drugs such as Meth are indeed more addictive.

True, but I guess out of the most popular street drugs.

04blackMAX
12-17-2003, 12:44 AM
where do i sign up........

sandman
12-17-2003, 01:40 AM
ahha shit i wish i heard bout this last year jk jk
now, not to condone coke in ANY way at all, jus want to make that cllear
but heres how the addictive thing works, u have a high, lasts not too long, then a sorta low, n u really want more n u keep thinking bout buying more, thas the addictive part, lotta ppl i know can jus smoke a joint during their low when it starts, ull feel kinda more low for less longer and less intense... apat from the addictive part all coke really does is make u lose a lotta weight and get a more irritable.
again a horrible thing and every1 should stay away from it.

craigcd
12-24-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by hondarunner

the reason why cocain is such an addicting drung is because the first time a person uses it they experience and xtreme high that whill never be reached again. The addictiveness of this drug comes from the users trying to experience this high again.

I think you are talking about Heroin not coke.

Wildcat
12-24-2003, 09:42 PM
someone want to give me directions to mcgill?

pinoyhero
12-25-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
I don't think $500 is nearly enough considering how badly that shit can screw you up. :werd:

babiedoll
01-12-2004, 01:49 PM
first things first...I'm sure the article was written in way that implies a bias to stir up a reaction...

Second...without the original article, it's hard to say why this was approved...I'm sure there is a reason why they chose the subjects that they chose...the industry is trying to find out the truth behind such drugs like cocaine to understand the neurological mechanisms of the human brain...

Whatever the reason...Mcgill is highly respected school that has published many good experiments...so until the findings are stated nobody shoud really judge or jump to conclusions...

Paul
01-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by babiedoll
first things first...I'm sure the article was written in way that implies a bias to stir up a reaction...

Second...without the original article, it's hard to say why this was approved...I'm sure there is a reason why they chose the subjects that they chose...the industry is trying to find out the truth behind such drugs like cocaine to understand the neurological mechanisms of the human brain...

Whatever the reason...Mcgill is highly respected school that has published many good experiments...so until the findings are stated nobody shoud really judge or jump to conclusions...

:drama: you soooo smart:confused: me soooo stupid

max_boost
01-12-2004, 03:15 PM

Whatever the reason...Mcgill is highly respected school that has published many good experiments...so until the findings are stated nobody shoud really judge or jump to conclusions... Wow, a good objective perspective.

SpoonEK9@STRD
01-12-2004, 03:25 PM
this is the best

"Leyton said they are given a mirror, a razor blade, a straw and a bag of pharmaceutical-grade cocaine to snort on four different occasions." hehe thats awesome

babiedoll
01-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Wow, a good objective perspective.

Thanks...I'm a psych major so that's my area of expertise... :dunno:

Paul
01-12-2004, 07:26 PM

Thanks...I'm a psych major so that's my area of expertise... :dunno:

psych major??? guess we'll be seein' ya in the unemployment line.:rolleyes:

babiedoll
01-13-2004, 02:09 PM
WTF?!?! baby, you know that I'll be supporting yo ass when you're begging for people to trust YOU with their money!!! wangsta pleaz...:D

Paul
01-13-2004, 04:35 PM
WTF?!?! baby, you know that I'll be supporting yo ass when you're begging for people to trust YOU with their money!!! wangsta pleaz...:D

a not-so-wise person once said, "F" - dat!!!!!

damn thread jackers!! :D

babiedoll
01-13-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Paul

a not-so-wise person once said, "F" - dat!!!!!

damn thread jackers!! :D

"thread jackers"?!?!

whatever...didn't you bite that off the not-so wise person?

Paul
01-13-2004, 07:33 PM

whatever...didn't you bite that off the not-so wise person?

no i bit this off, "PHOOOOOOOOOOTTTTHB" :poosie: :eek:

babiedoll
01-15-2004, 05:39 PM
whatever!!! Learn to take a hint when you've overstayed your welcome, 2-pump...:bigpimp: