PDA

View Full Version : Aww..this is so sad. Starts out cute...

C_Dave45
06-16-2010, 07:58 AM
I know the deer is only doing what's natural...but I feel so bad for the dog and the lady. Seemed like an older dog too :(

ADGn1GABF0Q

CapnCrunch
06-16-2010, 08:02 AM
lol.

GOnSHO
06-16-2010, 08:05 AM
holy FUCK!!! :whipped:

JfuckinC
06-16-2010, 08:08 AM
I would baseball bat that deer so hard if it stomped my dog :eek:

beyond_ban
06-16-2010, 08:08 AM
lol, dumb cat. The dog didn't really deserve it...

AE92_TreunoSC
06-16-2010, 08:13 AM
Fuck nature, I'd hit that deer with a garbage can if I had to.

I dont understand why they let it roam off leash with a wild animal around though.

dsr7723
06-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Baseball bat? Garbage can? WTF? How about a 300 Ultramag? Get it done, get it done right. The deer won't even suffer.

AE92_TreunoSC
06-16-2010, 08:19 AM
You'd have time to get a firearm unlocked and loaded?

Masked Bandit
06-16-2010, 08:32 AM
That's just what a protective mother does. Obviously she thought the dog was some kind of a threat. The fawn didn't look that healthy either.

Bat & garbage can? You wouldn't get anywhere near that doe.

Kloubek
06-16-2010, 08:34 AM
That is pretty sad. Wonder what happened to the dog...

1andonly
06-16-2010, 08:38 AM
That's sad. The dog didn't deserve that at all.

JfuckinC
06-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
That's just what a protective mother does. Obviously she thought the dog was some kind of a threat. The fawn didn't look that healthy either.

Bat & garbage can? You wouldn't get anywhere near that doe.

haha it'd book it cause i'd be doing my 300 war cry :eek:

Phenix
06-16-2010, 08:59 AM
that deer would be toast if it got my dog. although my dog is pretty big and might be able to handle a deer.

and the cat was just funny. lol

cdnsir
06-16-2010, 09:14 AM
The cat was the one who deserved it, the dog got whooped for no reason. Also he lady seemed like she knew the dog and all she did was yell instead of chasing the deer off? WTF!? I wish the deer woulda kicked her ass instead!

sh0ko
06-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by cdnsir
The cat was the one who deserved it, the dog got whooped for no reason. Also he lady seemed like she knew the dog and all she did was yell instead of chasing the deer off? WTF!? I wish the deer woulda kicked her ass instead!

this.... maybe u coulda tried throwing some shit or something .... she just stood screaming her annoying scream and kept FILMING for christs sake...

RecoilS14
06-16-2010, 09:56 AM
It might have just been the hoof scraping against the pavement, but at one point it sounded like bone snapping. It mademe a bit quese. Poor dog :(

Super_Geo
06-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Man that's rough for the dog... the mother is just doing what it needs to though. It's way out of its comfort zone and trying to take care of its kid... what can you do.

To help bring put out some of this dog vs dear hate, see below:

OB8qRjMC8lo

JfuckinC
06-16-2010, 10:15 AM
GnZSTkycovg

Dogs just wanna have fun lol

C_Dave45
06-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by sh0ko

this.... maybe u coulda tried throwing some shit or something .... she just stood screaming her annoying scream and kept FILMING for christs sake... first of all the dog owner was not the one filming. Second you don't know if said dog owner had a baby in her arms or what her circumstances were. Third. You are obviously poorly mistaken about what kind of damage an attacking doe can give a human. Those hooves can crack skulls, break ribs or worse. Most of the big talkers about what "they'd" do if they were there would probably just piss their pants and run. They look harmless from your office chair watching a video. Quite another thing in real life, having a 200 lb deer flailing at you with rock hard hooves.

Tik-Tok
06-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by cdnsir

Originally posted by sh0ko

this.... maybe u coulda tried throwing some shit or something .... she just stood screaming her annoying scream and kept FILMING for christs sake...

I don't think the camera-man was the lady screaming, it would have been a lot louder. I'm thinking a neighbor came out to check out the Deer, and her dog ran out the door with her.

Panic set in when she saw her dog getting pounced and lets face it, most people don't know how to react when in a panic situation.

gretz
06-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
Most of the big talkers about what "they'd" do if they were there would probably just piss their pants and run. They look harmless from your office chair watching a video. Quite another thing in real life, having a 200 lb deer flailing at you with rock hard hooves.

Speaking for yourself here... A dog is like a child to most owners - I, personally, wouldn't think twice if this was happening to one of my dogs to get over there ASAP...

Quite another thing in real life having a 200lb deer flailing at you... have you experienced this or something lol

What would you do if a deer was stomping your dog / kid - oh, you'd "just piss your pants and run like the rest of the big talkers" lol...

wrcftw
06-16-2010, 10:35 AM
I would have mangled that deer...i like my dog more than I like most people. :guns:

syeve
06-16-2010, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't have continued to video tape it while a dog was getting the shit kicked out of it. But yah, deer can be super aggressive. That is a crazy video...cat was hilarious.

cdnsir
06-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah screaming lady (assuming the dog owner) was not holding the camera for sure. Given she was probably an older lady, I can see why she chose yelling instead of actually doing something.

But if it was my dog, I don't care if the deer had stone hoofs. I'll kick it and then run like like a crying schoolgirl if I had to. I'm not gonna stand around and watch my brother (how I see my dog) gets killed in front of me.

syeve
06-16-2010, 10:48 AM
I can just picture myself running and jumping on its back. Then sliding over its back. Landing on the ground and shit kicked out of me by a deer. I would never live that down.

Tik-Tok
06-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by gretz

Quite another thing in real life having a 200lb deer flailing at you... have you experienced this or something lol

I've had an moderate sized adult elk (so probably around 800 lbs), and if you can believe it, a very very large momma bovine (was stolling too close to her calf) come after me... and let me tell you, there's no way in hell I would go after a 200 lbs. deer without an engine in front of me

Jlude
06-16-2010, 10:58 AM

Speaking for yourself here... A dog is like a child to most owners - I, personally, wouldn't think twice if this was happening to one of my dogs to get over there ASAP...

What would you do if a deer was stomping your dog / kid - oh, you'd "just piss your pants and run like the rest of the big talkers" lol...

THIS!!!!

I can tell you, without the slightest fucking doubt, that if that dear was going near my dog, looking like it was going to attack or already attacking it, I would have tackled the fucking thing and did whatever I needed to keep it occupied until my dog was safe.

Yes, I probably would have been in the hospital from getting the shit kicked out of me by a dear, but I certainly wouldn't have stood by while my dog was getting stomped.

jwslam
06-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
You'd have time to get a firearm unlocked and loaded?

uh wtf? :rofl: :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
06-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Any of you that think you could take on a deer are fucking retarded and, it was only doing what comes by instinct - perceiving a threat and neutralizing it.

Too bad for the dog but the deer did nothing wrong.

kevie88
06-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Deer. Nature's assholes.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Kloubek
06-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by kevie88
Deer. Nature's BMW drivers.

Fixed.

Honestly, I would have run over to help my dog too. Though I am not claiming just because I outweigh the deer by 25 pounds I would win in a battle, I would instinctively do what I needed to in order to help my dog. As has been mentioned, a pet (especially one that has been in the family for a long time) is almost like a child.

JfuckinC
06-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by jwslam

Gun's legally should have a trigger lock. :dunno:

beyond_ban
06-16-2010, 11:24 AM

In Canada you have to have a trigger lock on your gun at all times. He wasn't talking about putting a key into the barrel and disarming the guns alarm system.

EDIT: Damnit beat me to it.

gretz
06-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Any of you that think you could take on a deer are fucking retarded and, it was only doing what comes by instinct - perceiving a threat and neutralizing it.

Too bad for the dog but the deer did nothing wrong.

No-one said they could take a deer lol - it was stated that we wouldn't sit by and watch a dog get stomped...

TIK-TOK - 800lbs elk and a 200lbs deer are a little different... I used to work at a feed-lot and there is no way I would go for a 1000+ lb angry / instinctful / raging cow/bull - but a 200lb deer ... not quite the threat of the others.

jwslam
06-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

Gun's legally should have a trigger lock. :dunno:

Originally posted by beyond_ban

In Canada you have to have a trigger lock on your gun at all times. He wasn't talking about putting a key into the barrel and disarming the alarm system.

I get that... but i'm 99% sure the phrase is "locked and loaded"

Tik-Tok
06-16-2010, 11:38 AM

I get that... but i'm 99% sure the phrase is "locked and loaded"

You're both right. The phrase is lock and load, but he was talking literally, to get the gun unlocked and loaded.

tirebob
06-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Mamma deer can kick some ass!!! I'm sure it doesn't perceive any distinction from a family pet or a wolf or coyote. Sad for the dog but that right there is what happens in nature!

gretz
06-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by tirebob
I'm sure it doesn't perceive any distinction from a family pet or a wolf or coyote.

YES IT DOES BOB... and its racist by singling out that "black" dog

ragu
06-16-2010, 12:06 PM

What if it was a smallish (250lbs) tiger, would you still go in with your baseball bat trying to kick his ass
:rolleyes:
You in your insane rage mode wouldn't be half as wild as that deer.

Unknown303
06-16-2010, 12:13 PM
I've pet deer before. They seem pretty nice. :dunno:

But maybe that dog owner should think twice about letting their dog outside when a deer with a baby is outside. That mother will fight to the death to defend her baby, it's just how they are.

And yeah I grew up in Jasper, where if you were stupid and let you dog out and it was stomped by a deer your neighbors would be calling you an idiot because you should know.

BlkMaxima
06-16-2010, 12:23 PM

No-one said they could take a deer lol - it was stated that we wouldn't sit by and watch a dog get stomped...

TIK-TOK - 800lbs elk and a 200lbs deer are a little different... I used to work at a feed-lot and there is no way I would go for a 1000+ lb angry / instinctful / raging cow/bull - but a 200lb deer ... not quite the threat of the others.

:werd:

Can't see it being much harder to handle than a 200+ lb calf during a cattle branding.

Try and get a headlock going and drop your weight to the ground. Game over.

CapnCrunch
06-16-2010, 12:25 PM
I'd be pissed at my dog for just laying there getting a shit kicking. At least try to get away you idiot.

BlkMaxima
06-16-2010, 12:27 PM
This deer looks quite a bit larger though. lol

IPHaRyIkZ4I

theken
06-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Ph

Hamann
06-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Saw a Baby Deer at work 2 weeks ago, The Mom had left it on the side of the road while she went off. Snapped a quick pic with my phone.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/SL65/IMG00101.jpg

Can't be mad at the deer in the video though, just like any animal, they will pretty much do anything to protect their young. Shitty deal for the dog though :( hope it ended up being ok.

LadyLuck
06-16-2010, 01:57 PM
From the Youtube account:

A newborn fawn creates a dangerous situation when mom gets protective. Starts cute, ends scary. I cut because I ended up filming the dog's owner, whose privacy had to be protected. The dog left limping, I don't know how hurt it was but I will post again if I hear more about it. River, my deer-whispering cat, is fine—we'll see if he learned his lesson.

We did call animal control, "nothing they could do." We don't know the lady or where she lives.

sh0ko
06-16-2010, 03:51 PM

this.. lol i was just about to :facepalm: the guy.... and second of all to the idiot saying the mother might have been holding a baby... what the hell kinda parent would that be just screaming holding a damn kid while watching this?

Canucks3322
06-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Poor dog...just wanted to play....it's the owner's fault though for letting the dog out near the deer, same kind of owner who probably wouldn't train a Rottweiler properly and let it get out of the yard.

Loved that cat at the end though! :rofl: ....:thumbsup:

gretz
06-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by ragu

What if it was a smallish (250lbs) tiger, would you still go in with your baseball bat trying to kick his ass
:rolleyes:
You in your insane rage mode wouldn't be half as wild as that deer.

lol - insane rage doesn't help win the battle...

A tiger? A fucking tiger? Great example except the deer is stronger, has sharper claws, and has a great set of strong, sharp jaws... also the deer eats meat so... oh wait - they aren't the same at all

you might as well said:
What if it was a smallish (2ton) mastedon, would you go in with you bat and kick ass?

where did baseball bat and tiger come from anywho... Beyond FTW

sh0ko
06-16-2010, 04:09 PM
this may very well be the reason my next dog is gonna b this

and yes both these pictures are PETs lol

http://srs-bidness.shmigelsky.org/wk9/8.jpg

http://coloradolib.com/uploaded_images/DSCN1051-747121.JPG

JfuckinC
06-16-2010, 04:12 PM

lol - insane rage doesn't help win the battle...

A tiger? A fucking tiger? Great example except the deer is stronger, has sharper claws, and has a great set of strong, sharp jaws... also the deer eats meat so... oh wait - they aren't the same at all

you might as well said:
What if it was a smallish (2ton) mastedon, would you go in with you bat and kick ass?

where did baseball bat and tiger come from anywho... Beyond FTW

lol i said i'd rush it with a bat!

And i would! Man VS Deer, Lets make a fucking tv show outta this :D
You guy's are way too funny :rofl:

beyond_ban
06-16-2010, 04:15 PM

And i would! Man VS Deer, Lets make a fucking tv show outta this :D
You guy's are way too funny :rofl:

LOL, i would rush a deer with a crowbar, much less a bat. Lets face it, a deer has one move. It stands on its rears and flails its fronts at you. All you gotta do is swing your bat hard and hit it in the neck / head area. What, is the deer gonna stop flailing his legs and block the blow? No, he is gonna get fucked up.

gretz
06-16-2010, 04:21 PM

lol - he was referring to me - funny folk on here for sure

01RedDX
06-16-2010, 04:50 PM

old&slow
06-16-2010, 06:08 PM
First rule in a crisis situation - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Twins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2tXIm1OHvk

Someone embed this!

2Valve0
06-16-2010, 06:12 PM
That dog should have ran its ass off.

Power_Of_Rotary
06-16-2010, 08:33 PM
the dog that got hurt was weak sauce...

the other vid with the bigger black dog was awesome... taunting that young deer. That dog would of won.. deers near the bottom of the animal food chain too...

Nissan_Fanboy
06-16-2010, 09:00 PM
anyone up for some deer steaks,
fuckkin eh, i would get in my car and try to hit it.
just whatever i could do if that was happening to my dog.
poor thing.

Fucking deer, theres a reason why i have deer steak in my freezer

Novus
06-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Fuck, watching this video made me really pissed off at the deer. :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

So sad because I feel so helpless :( :thumbsdow

bignerd
06-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Weird it didn't care too much about the cat but zeroed in on that dog in a split second... Surprised animal control will not do anything, what if a small child was walking home and the deer considered that a threat?

Kloubek
06-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

LOL, i would rush a deer with a crowbar, much less a bat. Lets face it, a deer has one move. It stands on its rears and flails its fronts at you. All you gotta do is swing your bat hard and hit it in the neck / head area. What, is the deer gonna stop flailing his legs and block the blow? No, he is gonna get fucked up.

That sir, is the quoteworthy phrase I was hoping I would come across. Thank you.

D911
06-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
Weird it didn't care too much about the cat but zeroed in on that dog in a split second... Surprised animal control will not do anything, what if a small child was walking home and the deer considered that a threat?

doubt the deer would see small child any where near as threatening as a dog.

The deer sees no difference between a dog/wolf/coyote that could potentially eat its baby. a small child...im not sure; but most deer are afraid of humans anyways are they not?

theken
06-16-2010, 11:04 PM
u-iqVd2llrc

BlkMaxima
06-16-2010, 11:11 PM
You broke my mirror, you fagot, cunt, n****r deer.

broken_legs
06-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by theken
u-iqVd2llrc

Thank you for this! I just woke people up laughing hahahaha

theken
06-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Louis ck is probably one of the funniest comedians I have ever heard, behind a few of the greats, but he is up there.

theken
06-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Rats with hooves

Ven
06-17-2010, 03:00 PM
I hope one day the human race will get it's testicles back and all these camera holding side line screamers will actually do something. I'm no tough guy but I'd put myself infront of a doe to protect my dogs.

Pinner
06-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Ven
I'm no tough guy but I'd put myself infront of a doe to protect my dogs.

Frickin dogs aren't supposed to be running loose, if you want to protect your dog, keep it in the yard or on leash.

C_Dave45
06-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Pinner

Frickin dogs aren't supposed to be running loose, if you want to protect your dog, keep it in the yard or on leash. Thank you for that never-before-thought-of-anecdote. Wow. Glad you came to the party. Any other brilliant suggestions? So far we've heard about ten thousand "I woulda just snapped it's neck". About 20 thousand "why was she screaming STOP..deers. Don't understand english". And countless "dogs shouldn't be running free". Holy fuck. Ya think this clip has maybe run it's 15 minutes yet? I'm sure we'll hear more Einsteins on the subject though. Fuckin internet. :rolleyes:

sevewone
06-17-2010, 04:35 PM
this happened to my dog a couple years ago. We have 5 foot fences currounding our house in bc, and cause its in a rural area theres always deer by our house. It started off with an adult deer just casually eating grass, then out of nowhere decided to jump our metal fence. the second it hopped that fence I bolted so fucking fast towards the deer. Of course while im running towards my dog hes getting shit kicked and whimpering. I just remember tossing as many huge rocks that I could at the deer,then eventually it ran away. Thanksfully my dog wasnt to bad, but my feet were pretty banged up from hauling ass on a bunch of rocks and schrubs barefoot. For being a 25 pound Kairn Terrier, he took it pretty good, just kinda limped for a bit then was fine. To end it off, deers are fucking gay.They destroy golf courses, ruin peoples Gardens, and think its sweet to hang out in the middle of the road.

Heres the size of him to give you an idea:

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss327/eveseve/rocco.jpg

FiveFreshFish
06-17-2010, 04:51 PM
My backyard in suburbia Calgary, sometimes there are 6 to 8 at once.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2wntgjn.jpg

C_Dave45
06-17-2010, 05:02 PM
LoL Jordan you crack me up. Glad to hear your little buddy is ok though. Thought you woulda gone "Chuck Norris" on the deer!! They're fuckin scary when you're up close like that and they're pissed off eh?

qcp1
06-17-2010, 05:10 PM
how bout dont let your dog out unleashed without supervison :dunno:

all these calls about killing the deer if it did that to your dog is how i feel about dog owners who dont take control of their pets. if you dont want unexpected things to happen to your pets keep them under control. dog just got what the owners allowed.

C_Dave45
06-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by qcp1

all these calls about killing the deer if it did that to your dog is how i feel about dog owners who dont take control of their pets. if you dont want unexpected things to happen to your pets keep them under control. dog just got what the owners allowed. hear hear! same thing for kids.
Thanks Einstein. See? I told ya!

Ven
06-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by qcp1

1. Read Title.
2. Read OP's Post.
3. READ THREAD CONTENT.
4. Post reply.

I think you missed one of these steps.

JfuckinC
06-18-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm sticking to my guns, i would throw down against that deer. My old dog woulda eatin that thing though so i would have never been in that situation :rofl:
she was one fucking vicious malamute/husky :love:

BlackArcher101
06-18-2010, 07:54 PM
How DARE an animal in its natural environment carry out a natural instinct against a pet which doesn't belong in the natural environment.

Won't someone think of the poor helpless pets!?!?

We should completely kill all these m'fing animals who are a threat to our beloved little creatures who form no part of the circle of life.

BigMass
06-18-2010, 10:25 PM
fuck that. Without even blinking an eye this would be me...
https://images.tmuscle.com/avatar_images/1/9/19412-Predator_MacShootingMinigun.gif

Travel_Dude
06-18-2010, 10:51 PM
lol what a beatdown!

Redwagon
06-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Update on this dog. He is one tough mofo.

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/columnists/michael_platt/2010/06/30/14563626.html

syeve
06-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Wow, not only tuff, but super old! 14 years! Rad little doggie.

C_Dave45
06-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Cool, thanks for the update on that, Redwagon...I missed that article in the Sun. Awesome to hear.

gyu
06-30-2010, 11:05 PM
GnZSTkycovg

Dogs just wanna have fun lol
:rofl: when the dog does it back

C_Dave45
06-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Oh my GOD....That was hilarious!! The whole family was laughing watching that vid. Great find, gyu!!

gyu
06-30-2010, 11:17 PM
JfuckinC posted that I just quoted it.;)

gyu
06-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima
This deer looks quite a bit larger though. lol

IPHaRyIkZ4I
Wow those guys are retards but I got a kick out of it, laughed so hard

sputnik
07-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Off leash dog FTL.

Funny thing. If it was a wild coyote instead of the dog. People here would be cheering for the deer.

What a bizarre world we live in.

C_Dave45
07-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Off leash dog FTL.

Good grief...it's a fuckin rural area!! This whole big city thinking of all dogs on a leash at all times...now even cats are supposed to be leashed. Pretty soon it'll apply to children. :rolleyes:

Tik-Tok
07-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

Pretty soon it'll apply to children. :rolleyes:

One can dream... one can dream.

-FINCH-
07-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Deer in the cranbrook area are fuckin aggresive! when I lived out there a deer tried doing the same thing to my dog. I ran out grabbed the only thing I could see, driveshaft off my ranger and beat the shit out the deer.

vps
07-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by -FINCH-
Deer in the cranbrook area are fuckin aggresive! when I lived out there a deer tried doing the same thing to my dog. I ran out grabbed the only thing I could see, driveshaft off my ranger and beat the shit out the deer.

pics or it didnt happen

syritis
07-02-2010, 12:59 AM
mean while in Australia
http://cheezpictureisunrelated.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/wtf-pics-llama-tackle.jpg