PDA

View Full Version : Good places to ride sports quad in Alberta?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Any recommendations on good places to take my ATV in Alberta? The closer to Calgary the better. From what I hear Mclean Creek and Waiprous are more mud/harcore, and im not sure my ATV would do well.

SJW
06-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Mclean is awesome for a sport quad.

http://www.phoenixmwd.com/mclean.pdf

rookie101
06-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Yeah I've been taking sport quads to Mclean for years, and it's fine. The farther away from Calgary you get the better the riding though. Up near Sundre (Bear Berry, Mountain Air lodge) the trails are much better, and far less busy. Better yet, throw your quad in the back of your truck and head down to St Anthony's in Idaho on a long weekend, or Glamis (in the winter). Been to both numerous times, and the experience is phenomenal.

If you do go to Mclean, I find mid-week after work is much nicer due to the absence of crowds.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-16-2010, 09:08 PM
The only reason im worried is my ATV is only 2WD and has very little ground clearance. I have never been to an trails before, just on my friends land.

Abeo
06-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Trust me, you'll do fine at McLean. I've ridden with a few sport quads, they take the same trails around the big holes that I do. Just stay off the single track, and test the puddles if you are unsure.

If you stage near the campground, there is a main road that goes to a gas facility; there are tons of little trails that peel off of it. Once it dries up out there, you can go on some long, fun rides.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Sweet. I just need to find someone to ride with me.