PDA

View Full Version : Finally, they are acknowledging what a POS organization the CPA actually is.

Redlyne_mr2
06-16-2010, 04:25 PM
About time, now let's see some changes.
http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100616/CGY_Parking_Report_100616/20100616/?hub=CalgaryHome

J@TheBeacon
06-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Oh, I've committed a day or two of wages to these gentlemen.

01RedDX
06-16-2010, 04:38 PM

bspot
06-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Pay for your parking? :dunno:

J@TheBeacon
06-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by bspot
Pay for your parking? :dunno: Definitely. I have got tickets from them that were snapped in the time I was walking to a pay booth though. Also got one at MRU when their pay booths were malfunctioning. Entirely my fault, but come on..

G-ZUS
06-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Bunch of lazy fucks, they are planning on making the parkades downtown "Park Plus" , so all they have to do is drive that camera car around to catch people who don't pay or didn't walk to the machine to pay yet. :thumbsdow

kvg
06-16-2010, 05:00 PM
I dont bus it but pay park at the trains WTF!!!!!!

theken
06-16-2010, 05:28 PM
It gives u 15 minutes or so from when the camera takes your plate to when they ticket you. So unless you were walking for 20 min I doubt you got a ticket

rage2
06-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
Bunch of lazy fucks, they are planning on making the parkades downtown "Park Plus" , so all they have to do is drive that camera car around to catch people who don't pay or didn't walk to the machine to pay yet. :thumbsdow
I fucking love park plus. It weeds out all the meter maids that gives tickets 5 mins before expiry. I have it setup on my cell phone so I just call in my parking while I'm walking away. Pay by the minute, no need for carrying change. When it expires it calls you so you can repay, so those 30 minute zones can be used for a 2 hour lunch without any problems haha.

Best system ever.

phil98z24
06-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I fucking love park plus. It weeds out all the meter maids that gives tickets 5 mins before expiry. I have it setup on my cell phone so I just call in my parking while I'm walking away. Pay by the minute, no need for carrying change. When it expires it calls you so you can repay, so those 30 minute zones can be used for a 2 hour lunch without any problems haha.

Best system ever.

...and even though I'm with the rest of you and hate the CPA, at least it's far more efficient. Better use of tax dollars I say.

illmotion
06-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

the car is way more efficient then them walking around on foot you monkey.

TorqueDog
06-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Over the years, I've stolen thousands upon thousands of dollars of parking from the CPA without them managing to catch me.

I consider it my own brand of vigilante justice.

theken
06-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by phil98z24

...and even though I'm with the rest of you and hate the CPA, at least it's far more efficient. Better use of tax dollars I say. completely self funded, tax dollars do not go to the cpa. By self funded I mean of course they make enough money from towing in cars, auctioning, no parking and other parking related issues that they do not need "your" tax money

bignerd
06-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Over the years, I've stolen thousands upon thousands of dollars of parking from the CPA without them managing to catch me.

I consider it my own brand of vigilante justice.

Yep use to just go out and rub the chalk of my tires or roll over it... can't do that now with the camera car... if you are parked on the same block (even if you move spots but still on the same block) you will get a ticket.

Was curious though, on that parking wars show on tv, some people would cover their license plate when the car with the camera was going around to avoid getting caught and booted for outstanding fines... would this work if you covered your plate but parked on the street? Do you think the camera car would stop to un-cover your plate or notice?

qcp1
06-17-2010, 08:15 AM
The document says members of city council and business owners feel the CPA suffers from… poor media relations...

...CTV News tried to speak to officials with the parking authority to get their reaction to the report but they left through the backdoor after the meeting and didn't speak to any media.

:facepalm:

thats all that needs to be read.

kaput
06-17-2010, 08:30 AM

core_upt
06-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by bignerd

Yep use to just go out and rub the chalk of my tires or roll over it... can't do that now with the camera car... if you are parked on the same block (even if you move spots but still on the same block) you will get a ticket.

Was curious though, on that parking wars show on tv, some people would cover their license plate when the car with the camera was going around to avoid getting caught and booted for outstanding fines... would this work if you covered your plate but parked on the street? Do you think the camera car would stop to un-cover your plate or notice?

sometimes the driver will be wise to this, but I have found that leaving my trunk open has come in handy. if you only need to be somewhere for 10 minutes and have nothing of value in your trunk and no fold down seats, I'll pop it open. Can't see my plate if its pointing straight up!

My disgust with PayPlus came when I rented a car for my wedding and while we were downtown snapping photos, I had my brother, who was driving us, wait in the car (driver's seat) with the 4-way flashers on, while we did pics 10 feet away. Of course, because the rental company paid the ticket late, and has a surcharge on tickets, I get $80 charged to my cc two months later. Ridiculous.

scat330
06-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Parkplus is pretty easy to use I think, and I don't park downtown often, so I can't complain.

however, does the camera system read spaces? because there is not a space on the keypad on the computer.

ExtraSlow
06-17-2010, 08:45 AM
I am another person who LOVES parkplus. No more fumbling for change at the meter, just dial my cellphone an I'm on my way.
I don't park downtown often, but when I do, it's a hassle free experience with parkplus.

rage2
06-17-2010, 09:03 AM
It's funny how everyone that's complaining are the ones trying to cheat the system and not pay for parking haha.

It's so hassle free if you actually PAY for parking.

SilverGS
07-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know if Park Plus only does the zones and loading zones. What about the permit zones and no parking during certain time areas? or are those areas still ticketed by a CPA officer?

kenny
07-12-2010, 10:26 AM
It's funny how everyone that's complaining are the ones trying to cheat the system and not pay for parking haha.

Lots of people have received tickets while they were going to the machine to pay for parking or pulling over to drop someone off at the curb. The Park Plus car is supposed to catch your plate twice in the same spot to verify you are parked but obviously thats not the case anymore.

nissanK
07-12-2010, 12:39 PM

It's not the matter of if they are paying for parking, it's how it's enforced.

I have a tons of douchbags that park illegally in my apartment complex, fire zones etc..... I call the parking authority when there were half a dozen cars parked illegally, not a single one got a ticket!!!!:banghead:

Explain that BS.......

Xtrema
07-12-2010, 02:08 PM
^ Private properties?

nissanK
07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
^Shouldn't matter. If I call with a complaint and I see the CPA come by but are too lazy to get outta there cars to give a ticket for parking in a fire zone, what's the point of even driving by at all?!

toastgremlin
07-13-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't think the CPA enforces parking on private property, is the point he was trying to make. A fire zone is not considered private property, and if it is, it's under the purview of whatever collection of bylaws the CPA operates under.

My main complaint with them is how they seem to be turning a lot of "unlimited" parking zones into "2-hour" parking zones. It happened on the street outside my office, so I have to either live with the fact that I'll probably get a ticket every couple of months or constantly step outside and check my tires for chalk.

Integra10
07-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by phil98z24

...and even though I'm with the rest of you and hate the CPA, at least it's far more efficient. Better use of tax dollars I say.

Do you hate the CPA because they write you tickets? :rofl: :rofl:

kaput
07-13-2010, 05:17 PM

Canmorite
07-13-2010, 08:43 PM
CPA enforced my parking spot when I lived in an apartment, just had to call them and show the lease saying the spot was in my name. They even called city towing to move the car.

Isaiah
07-13-2010, 09:07 PM

I have it setup on my cell phone so I just call in my parking while I'm walking away. Pay by the minute, no need for carrying change. When it expires it calls you so you can repay, so those 30 minute zones can be used for a 2 hour lunch without any problems haha.

Best system ever.
Amen; best system ever. Speed dial and it's literally a 5 second process to start and end parking sessions. Add 'pay-by-the-minute' and it's the best thing since pussy.