PDA

View Full Version : FALL 2010 Business Classes

jmintz
06-16-2010, 10:47 PM
For the folks keen on picking out good business classes, any ideas for a 3rd year? I'm most likely taking FNCE 317 and HROD 317 but am not sure about any other classes. Float some good classes/profs/options!

heinz256
06-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Do a search, lots of threads on this.....also don't take fnce317 with mktg317

cjab
06-16-2010, 11:57 PM
quite a few threads with good advice. Definitely split up the harder 317's like ACCT, FNCE and MKTG since they have a higher course load. HROD, OPMA, MGST and MGIS were all easy with smaller amounts of coursework.

I had Larry for Finance, despite what some people say, I didn't mind him at all. Just make sure you do all the practice problems and practice quizzes in your book. You get to bring them into the exam, and even though the questions will be slightly different, if you have all the steps outlined in your book its easy to find the answer, there arent many surprises.

I took Opma 317 with Janice Eliasson, and took Opma 403 with her aswell for a SR option. She's a good teacher, even though she gets sidetracked a lot. But the assignments are easy and she will go out of her way to help you with problems on them and prepare you for tests. Also, for 403 if you buy the textbook you can bring it to the exams, I didnt waste my money on it because you also get a cheat sheet and can basically fit everything on that

ENTI 381 is also another good Sr option, it can be a bit time consuming since youre required to run a business for a bit, but its an easy and fun class. I've heard doing it in block week is even better.

If you havn't taken Coms 361/363 yet (but im pretty sure thats 2nd year), try and take it online with some friends. You can have groups, so it really divides up the amount of work, and its insanely easy.

If your looking for other business classes to take, I was an ENMG major, and was required to take ENMG 301, 303 + 485. the first one was a block week, and was an easy A, and its nice getting an entire class out of the way. 303 and 485 were both offered as 3 hour lectures once a week in the evening, which can be a pain, but they were both really easy courses, 485 was more interesting and I can't imagine doing much worse than a B+ in it with no effort.

That's the best advice I can think of now, if you have more specific questions let me know and I can try to answer them better.