PDA

View Full Version : New Silver City Theatre @ Cross Iron Mills

LadyLuck
06-17-2010, 04:22 PM
New Theatre opening at Cross Iron Mills on June 30th.
Ive never liked the one in Country hills and always made the trek up to Sunridge. This one should be pretty good.

Cineplex Entertainment announced today it will debut its new movie theatre concept at the grand opening of its SilverCity CrossIron Mills Cinemas and XSCAPE Entertainment Centre on Wed. June 30.

The UltraAVX, which stands for an Ultra Adio Visual Experience, features a screen that is significantly larger on average than traditional movie theatre screens with a digital surround sound system. At the CrossIron Mills shopping centre in Balzac, the screen is wall-to-wall, floor-to-floor, and measures 31 feet in height and 57 feet in width.

The new concept premieres also on the same day at the Cineplex Odeon Queensway Cinemas in Toronto.

The entertainment complext at CrossIron Mills is more than 43,000 square feet with seven auditoriums and 1,300 stadium seats. It also includes the more than 15,000 square foot XSCAPE Entertainment Centre, the second in the country, which has more than 80 video and interactive games, including a virtual laser game.

The entire entertainment complex was built at a cost of $15 million and generated about 200 construction jobs as well as 60 permanent jobs at the theatre.

[email protected]

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Cineplex+readies+CrossIron+Mills+Cinema+launch+technology/3161943/story.html#ixzz0r9Sprs9c

Link (http://www.calgaryherald.com/Cineplex+readies+CrossIron+Mills+Cinema+launch+technology/3161943/story.html)

Phenix
06-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Dam, that should be pretty sweet. just sucks it's so far out of town.

Barking_Spidre
06-17-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm likin it! I live in Airdrie so no more driving to sunridge for me.

old&slow
06-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Is there a new Costco going in there too?

EK 2.0
06-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Yay!!...new theatre....:clap:

K3RMiTdot
06-17-2010, 05:06 PM
im excited to see how the arcade turns out.

oilerfan4lyfe
06-17-2010, 05:12 PM
There shouldn't be a problem using the Cineplex passes from AMA there since it's still Cineplex right?

LadyLuck
06-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by oilerfan4lyfe
There shouldn't be a problem using the Cineplex passes from AMA there since it's still Cineplex right?

I cant see why it would be an issue but you could still call customer service and as just in case.

EK 2.0
06-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by oilerfan4lyfe

Wow soooo cheap hahahaha....;)

flamboyant
06-17-2010, 06:04 PM
My little brother got a job there lol. I guess I'll be there watching movies from time to time

guessboi
06-17-2010, 07:42 PM
nice. so close to where I leave by stoney and havest hills. :D

Cos
06-17-2010, 07:50 PM
nice a new theater is always good. Also maybe silver city wont be soo busy.

K3RMiTdot
06-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Cos
nice a new theater is always good. Also maybe silver city wont be soo busy.
still going to be packed with the jr/highschool kids

Cos
06-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by K3RMiTdot

still going to be packed with the jr/highschool kids

No way man, drop the annoying teenagers off at cross-iron at 11 am and pick them up at 11 after the movie. Full day without kids. You KNOW crossiron is going to be packed with kids now.

403ep3
06-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Cos

No way man, drop the annoying teenagers off at cross-iron at 11 am and pick them up at 11 after the movie. Full day without kids. You KNOW crossiron is going to be packed with kids now.

Damn kids. At least the only way they can get there is with a ride! Keep the buses away for a bit lol

edit: Beyond meet on the 30th if they have Max tune and Initial D? hahah ohh max tune

K3RMiTdot
06-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3

Damn kids. At least the only way they can get there is with a ride! Keep the buses away for a bit lol

edit: Beyond meet on the 30th if they have Max tune and Initial D? hahah ohh max tune

im really hoping they do... id make a trip there every now and then just to play woot

Disoblige
06-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Would be nice if they had Initial D Version 5.. lol..

shynepho
06-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by old&slow

Yes there is.

403ep3
06-17-2010, 11:02 PM

im really hoping they do... id make a trip there every now and then just to play woot

Lol I still have my cards. Too bad I don't have any more records since I stopped playing. I was a fucking nerd in high school..just remembering lol

infected
06-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Oh my God I would die if ID and MT is back... :clap:

Serria1
06-20-2010, 08:22 AM

If you are thinking about the large building north of the mall it a Lowes building supply Home Depots competition they are building 3 stores in the Calgary area.

As part of the company’s previously announced plans to open 35 to 45 stores in North America in fiscal 2010, Lowe’s plans to open three stores in the Calgary region (one located at CrossIron Mills in the County of Rocky View, one located in the Shepard Industrial Area/McKenzie Town and one located in the Sunridge Industrial Area), with further plans to expand into Edmonton, British Columbia and Saskatchewan in future years. Lowe’s first opened Canadian stores in December 2007 and now operates 15 stores in Ontario.

schocker
06-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Well that is pretty much the closest movie theatre to me now so i will have to give it a try when it opens. Should be pretty cool.

shynepho
06-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Serria1

If you are thinking about the large building north of the mall it a Lowes building supply Home Depots competition they are building 3 stores in the Calgary area.

As part of the company’s previously announced plans to open 35 to 45 stores in North America in fiscal 2010, Lowe’s plans to open three stores in the Calgary region (one located at CrossIron Mills in the County of Rocky View, one located in the Shepard Industrial Area/McKenzie Town and one located in the Sunridge Industrial Area), with further plans to expand into Edmonton, British Columbia and Saskatchewan in future years. Lowe’s first opened Canadian stores in December 2007 and now operates 15 stores in Ontario.

If your at the new Lowes building and look east you will see a huge building being set up. Go closer and there is a Costco sign there!

jwslam
06-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by shynepho

If your at the new Lowes building and look east you will see a huge building being set up. Go closer and there is a Costco sign there!
Weird. The one up sarcee is only like 10 min away? :dunno:

Serria1
06-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by shynepho

I have not been east of the mall in a long time ,did not know about the Costco.

anhsicun
06-24-2010, 11:42 PM
im excited to see how the arcade turns out.

same, i hope it will have a bigger selection of games then chinook as Calgary is need of a good arcade.

EM1FTW
06-25-2010, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by infected
Oh my God I would die if ID and MT is back... :clap:

^this

Terence, you know what needs to happen.

flamboyant
06-25-2010, 11:15 PM
FREE PLAY OPENING DAY AT THE NEW XSCAPE Entertainment Centreţ

Prepare for the ultimate entertainment escape at Calgary's NEW SilverCity CrossIron Mills Cinemas & XSCAPE Entertainment Centre. Lose your mind with over 80 of the latest interactive games in 13,000 sq. ft of high tech fun! Hammer hard with Guitar hero. Show off your skills at the Laser maze. Party in the lounge with all your friends, win great prizes and there's more!

Get DOUBLE SCENE™ points* just for playing! Buy a Play Card with your SCENE card at the NEW XSCAPE Entertainment Centre at SilverCity CrossIron Mills Cinemas from June 30th to July 14th and you've got it. You'll never want to play at home again!

Check it out June 30th and receive a FREE^ $10 Play Card.

Disoblige
06-25-2010, 11:22 PM
XSCAPE is a new entertainment centre packed with more than 80 of the latest video and interactive games, special event party suites and a full-service licensed lounge for guests to enjoy. XSCAPE features attractions such as Guitar Hero On-Stage, the NFL 2 Minute Drill, Deal or No Deal and the first Brunswick Virtual Bowling lanes in Canada that are sure to appeal to gamers all ages.

Many games will be rewarded with tickets - the higher the score, the more tickets they'll receive - which can then be redeemed at the Redemption Centre for a wide variety of cool prizes ranging from toys to movie tickets and electronics. As an added bonus, SCENE members can earn and redeem SCENE points when purchasing XSCAPE game cards.

Dude! lol.. Many games will have tickets to get prizes.. It'll be like Easy Street :rofl: :clap: :clap:

Edit: Here is the list of games:

http://www.cineplex.com/Promos/xscape/XscapeCrossIronMills/games.aspx

I dunno.. Looks meh.

jwslam
06-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Dude! lol.. Many games will have tickets to get prizes.. It'll be like Easy Street :rofl: :clap: :clap:

OMFG
I swear I've dropped the name Easy Street at least a hundred times with people giving me WTF looks.
THANK YOU for confirming that I did not make up such a place/name.

Disoblige
06-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

OMFG
I swear I've dropped the name Easy Street at least a hundred times with people giving me WTF looks.
THANK YOU for confirming that I did not make up such a place/name.

I have no idea how people in their 20s have no idea what Easy Street was.. It was in Sunridge, Chinook, and another mall too I think.. Big honking place in the middle of a mall.. How can you miss it lol..

Anyone going tomorrow? Not working tomorrow so going to go with my girlfriend. $10 for everybody! :rofl:

psycoticclown
06-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Haha, I think me and my friends are going. Beyond meet? Lol.

gyu
06-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Max Tune Twin = Maximum Tune?

Probably will check it out since it's free and $10 game card!

Orbie
06-30-2010, 01:30 AM
With the play card combos in the lounge it's very similar to Dave and Busters, still not nearly as good though. I'll still check it out but I wish a Dave and Busters would open here.

K3RMiTdot
06-30-2010, 04:29 PM
ANYONE going tonight? im going just to check out hte games theygot ahahahahahah

icky2unk
07-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Wasn't bad, kinda turned into what eau claire looked like when they had ticket games.

Like the concept of the card but games are expensive.

However, the deals they got when you load cards and buy food are good!

jsn
07-01-2010, 02:25 AM
went to watch toystory 3d today. The chairs were nice and comfy but the theater itself was pretty small IMO. I should have checked out a movie with UltraAVX instead. The normal theater was nothing special.

beecue
07-01-2010, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by jsn
went to watch toystory 3d today. The chairs were nice and comfy but the theater itself was pretty small IMO. I should have checked out a movie with UltraAVX instead. The normal theater was nothing special.

I think only Twilight is playing in UltraAVX. I'm definitely going to check that out when Inception comes out.

gyu
07-01-2010, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by icky2unk
Wasn't bad, kinda turned into what eau claire looked like when they had ticket games.

Like the concept of the card but games are expensive.

However, the deals they got when you load cards and buy food are good!
what kind of deals were they?

The Ferrari game (forgot the name) is such a rip off! I don't think you can race each other, and it costs 15.5 credits (most games cost 5 credits)

Max tune wasn't as fun as I thought maybe I grew out of it, and they don't have cards either.

jsn
07-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by beecue

I think only Twilight is playing in UltraAVX. I'm definitely going to check that out when Inception comes out.

Ok Maybe I made a good choice in that case :D. I'm definitely going to be checking out inception when it comes out as well. Looks like a good movie and Leonardo DiCaprio has been making pretty good movies as of late.

K3RMiTdot
07-01-2010, 09:10 AM
pretty good, too bad they didnt have more machines for max tune. wbahha

icky2unk
07-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by gyu

what kind of deals were they?

The Ferrari game (forgot the name) is such a rip off! I don't think you can race each other, and it costs 15.5 credits (most games cost 5 credits)

Max tune wasn't as fun as I thought maybe I grew out of it, and they don't have cards either.

$10 of Games + any Food Item for $15.99 (Save maybe 3-4 bucks) (More if you use Scene 10% off discount)

20$ of Games + any Food Item for $23.99 (Save 5-6 bucks) (Basically get ur food free if you use the 10% Scene Discount + Get 100 scene points)

May not be alot, but for something that doesn't expire, if I was hungry i'd load on 20 bucks and keep the credits on there for whenever and I collect scene points so its a ++

Disoblige
07-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Hahaha.. There is a game right beside the Football and Basketball game where you spin the big wheel (some fish themed game)..

After a few hours of the first day opening, it ran out of tickets and the staff there decided not to refill or something to leave it broken. That thing was spittin out as low as 40 tickets (or 4 if you're unlucky) and you can easily get 500 or 1000 tickets.

There were super greedy people who stood there for multiple spins getting 1000 tickets repeatedly..

Using the $10 game cards they were handing out, easily got 1000+ tickets with 2 other people :thumbsup:

Made the other games seem like such a rip off lol.. But I'm sure they will close down that game totally soon.

gyu
07-01-2010, 08:30 PM
^ Did you see anyone get big prizes? I saw this little girl and her dad have sooooooo many tickets just rolls and rolls and rolls of them and they were putting them in this machine and swiping her card as well (getting more credit from it rather than claiming prizes?)

Disoblige
07-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by gyu
^ Did you see anyone get big prizes? I saw this little girl and her dad have sooooooo many tickets just rolls and rolls and rolls of them and they were putting them in this machine and swiping her card as well (getting more credit from it rather than claiming prizes?)

I saw a guy win a Wii in the Stackers game on the first day. It was within a few hours of the place opening!

That machine you saw people put tickets in is how they can store their tickets on their card. After the ticket count, you swipe your game card so it updates the ticket amount. It is so you don't have to carry around 1000s of tickets. When you want a prize, you can redeem using the card.

And no, you cannot trade in tickets for game credits.

psycoticclown
07-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Haha, me and my friends grabbed 2 cards. We just went up, grabbed the first card than went to the washroom to wash it off. Funny thing, when we went to the washroom, the people told us where the washroom were and we went than when we exited, we realized we were in the theater portion of the place, like after they check the tickets. They didn't even check us for tickets. But the only thing showing at that time was Twilight :(

So we just went back and found one of the guys walking around with a box of cards and just snagged another one.

Games were pretty crappy, no cards on MT, not enough arcade games so we basically spent both cards on the Plinko game.

Disoblige
07-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Wish it was like the old arcade in Eau Claire where some of us knew one of the staff there who gave out $15 worth of coins for $10 behind the counter and sometimes free games.

InLoveWitRSX
07-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I dont get whats so good about max tune 3? battle gear 4 is where its at.

Disoblige
07-04-2010, 09:42 PM
The theatres are pretty good. Smaller yes but you can lift up the drink holders! Makes it easier to share popcorn n stuff with your girlfriend. Can't wait to try out UltraAVX

Jeremiah
07-04-2010, 09:58 PM
super MEH at the games there....

Was pretty boring and there was a fuckload of annoying kids.

Will Not Return.