PDA

View Full Version : 350Z Model Differences

max_boost
09-02-2002, 02:49 AM
Ok I am seriously too lazy to do research but what is the difference between the Performance, Touring and Track Pack models?

Performance=6speed
Touring=5speed auto
Track Pack=6speed with Brembo brakes

What is the difference between VDC(vehicle dynamic control)and TCS(traction control system)? Are they not the same thing?:dunno:

Even though the TC and GTP can smoke this car, I still think its one sexy ride:drool:

mischief
09-02-2002, 06:59 AM
The track pack also has no leather, no bose stereo, and different forged light weight wheels. They took all the luxury out to make the car lighter for the track. I think is also has a different body kit on it.

VDC corrects understeer and oversteer. It also stops you car from fishtailling. It is working all the time. Traction control only help when you accelerating and stops wheel from slipping if they loose traction.

I hope next year that you can get the lighter wheels and brembo brakes as options on the performance package.

4wheeldrift
09-02-2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by mischief
The track pack also has no leather, no bose stereo, and different forged light weight wheels. They took all the luxury out to make the car lighter for the track. I think is also has a different body kit on it.WOOT! Finally a manufacturer that understands :D Hopefully this is a trend, and we'll see more cars not wearing a chrome A or H showing up wtih lightweight versions.

todaB18c5
09-02-2002, 11:56 AM
I saw it in the brasso nissan dealership... its a beast... it looks really really good...

thich
09-03-2002, 11:26 AM
I saw the white one in Forest Lawn..... looooooks GOOOOOOOOOOOD :woot: :banghead: :drool:

speedracer
09-03-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
WOOT! Finally a manufacturer that understands :D Hopefully this is a trend, and we'll see more cars not wearing a chrome A or H showing up wtih lightweight versions.

There have been quite a few manufacturers and only now are the rest catching on becasue it sells cars (also extreame great advertisment).

Chrysler - ACR
Mazda - B spec and now A spec
Honda - Type R

Ferio_vti
09-03-2002, 04:51 PM
What about:
Dodge/Chrysler - R/T
Ford - SVT
Subaru - WRX/STi
???

speedracer
09-03-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
What about:
Dodge/Chrysler - R/T
Ford - SVT
Subaru - WRX/STi
???

Those are just performance packages.

There's only a hand full of manufaturers that trageted (what was) a very small audience - the racers / grassroot racer.

Not everyone wants bone jaring suspension, NO options (not even rear defroster), zero creature comforts...

As for Subaru - WRX 22B is the only one that I would consider race trim at the moment.

I didn't list nissian because they only produced the sentra SER that was aimed for competition for that year only.

Ferio_vti
09-03-2002, 05:50 PM
Gotcha!!:thumbsup:

What ACRs are there?? I know there's Neon and Viper.

5.9 R/T
09-04-2002, 05:23 PM
Hey i was reading an article on this car today and something caught my eye about the 'track' package. Did you know that they have brake fluid bleeder vavles at each corner so you can bleed the brakes without taking the tires off? That is one of the best ideas i've ever heard!

2000impreza
09-04-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by speedracer

As for Subaru - WRX 22B is the only one that I would consider race trim at the moment.

the 22b was far from race trim..... the impreza sti type-ra is what i would call "race trim".

4wheeldrift
09-05-2002, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
Hey i was reading an article on this car today and something caught my eye about the 'track' package. Did you know that they have brake fluid bleeder vavles at each corner so you can bleed the brakes without taking the tires off? That is one of the best ideas i've ever heard!

You can buy speed bleeders for your car. A lot of racing teams use them, this is the first time I've heard about a factory car that didn't cost a zillion dollars equipped with them though.