PDA

View Full Version : BMW is going to seduce you!!

911fever
06-17-2010, 11:26 PM
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/daily-news/100514-BMW-Starts-Sexy-Ad-Campaign-Public-Restrooms-/

Written in red lipstick on the bathroom mirror is the line, “my body is absolutely stunning.” Beneath the flirtatious note is a second line. It asks you to send a text message to a certain number, and promises photos.

Would you do it?

And if you did, would you be disappointed when the photos that came in response were glamour shots of… a car?

Autoblog reports that BMW of Canada “will be launching a new ad campaign for the 3-Series Coupe using AddMirror technology that will display these risqué messages in public restroom mirrors across the country.” The risqué ads use motion detectors and projector screens built into restroom mirrors. “As a patron approaches the mirror, motion detectors sense the person's movement and displays a sequence of messages urging readers to send text messages for photos of the subject leaving the flirtatious notes. When BMW receives the text, a link is sent back, leading readers to a landing page with downloadable beauty shots of the 3 Series Coupe, under the headline, ‘We were made for each other.’”

The 3-Series Coupe is a sharp-looking car. A cosmetic refresh for the 2011 model year has tightened up the lines of the car, and critics are pleased with the look.

In order to make this work, however, BMW will need to target the right audience. They’re off to a good start. Canada’s YoungManBlog has caught on, and started a list of the locations where the ads can be found. So far, they all appear to be clubs and restaurants that attract young singles in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal. There’s no work on whether we’ll see the provocative scrawls in U.S. restrooms yet.

If you're in the market for a new car, check out the U.S. News rankings of this year's best cars as well as this month's best car deals.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Interesting ad campaign.

Tomaz
06-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Somehow I find it hard to believe this would find BMW's target market? :dunno:

Mibz
06-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Somehow I find it hard to believe this would find BMW's target market? :dunno: Imagine frosted tips drunk and at a urinal. Then you'll see that it all makes sense.

Cos
06-18-2010, 09:55 AM
^^ haha totally.

I think someone will copy this add and send out the GOATSE photo or something. :clap: