PDA

View Full Version : Tunerworks in the news

kenny
12-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Was just flipping through the paper while eating lunch and saw that Tunerworks was in the business section today. Here is a scanned copy of the article.

http://forums.beyond.ca/i/news/tuner1.jpg

http://forums.beyond.ca/i/news/tuner2.jpg

http://forums.beyond.ca/i/news/tuner3.jpg

C4S
12-15-2003, 02:48 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have to give Rob and Mark a :thumbsup:

Good job Tunerworks !

Good Post, Kenny ! :clap:

syeve
12-15-2003, 02:53 PM
34th car in 12 years :rofl: what a :bigpimp:

nismodrifter
12-15-2003, 02:55 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
12-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Well done boys, anything less than successful will not be tolerated! ;)

rc2002
12-15-2003, 03:22 PM
3 million in sales a year? That's $12,800/day on a standard 234 working day per year schedule (that's what I'm on). Daym!

AquamosH
12-15-2003, 03:23 PM
Good work guys. :thumbsup:

max_boost
12-15-2003, 03:26 PM
Good stuff Tunerworks! That's what you get when you sell high end stuff compared to air freshners :D

EK 2.0
12-15-2003, 03:28 PM
Go Rob Go...

Hakkola
12-15-2003, 03:45 PM
:D

They're nice guys and deserve success, good to see a business like theirs doing well.

Fluidic
12-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Congrats Rob and Mark. This is the kind of news everyone likes to read. :) :thumbsup:

davidI
12-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Since I know Rob is on the boards I'm curious as to what your shops net income was after expenses? I'm a business student so I'm curious as to that sort of stuff. The paper said your margins were nearly 0% but....you drive an M3 :D

Oh, and congratulations on operating one of the most successful tuner shops in town!

SinisterProbeGt
12-15-2003, 04:31 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
12-15-2003, 04:35 PM
Good job guys! think im going up there today

max_boost
12-15-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by davidI
Since I know Rob is on the boards I'm curious as to what your shops net income was after expenses? I'm a business student so I'm curious as to that sort of stuff. The paper said your margins were nearly 0% but....you drive an M3 :D

Oh, and congratulations on operating one of the most successful tuner shops in town! LOL As if he would tell you that unless he was looking for another partner. haha
The only people who need to know his financial numbers are his partner, accountant and the government:D

:devil:

EK 2.0
12-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by syeve
34th car in 12 years :rofl: what a :bigpimp:

And now one of them is a DSM...WHOO HOO...

ZorroAMG
12-15-2003, 04:45 PM

Oh, and congratulations on operating one of the most successful tuner shops in town!

Hey Nosey, wanna see my T1 generals too? :rolleyes:

Rob and the boys @Tunerworks are hard working guys and deserve all the success they attain....

syeve
12-15-2003, 05:02 PM

Since its a private company, you will find it very difficult to obtain any financials...good job Rob!!!

Voodoo Child
12-15-2003, 05:23 PM
I had to laugh with the quote of,
"When it comes to oneupmanship, oilmen and lawyers, as could be expected, are the big money customers the pair loves to see walk in the door."

Me to a tee....:rofl:

three.eighteen.
12-15-2003, 05:39 PM
they don't sell neon underglow?!...im taking my business elsewhere :tongue:

l/l/rX
12-15-2003, 05:56 PM
aha yea i just read that article when i came home from school. that nsx project that they were talking bout in the newspaper sounds interesting. fill us in with more details about that project AHA :D

yea thats pretty amazing...34th car in 12 years.

and even 13 cars in about that same time range is alot of cars to go through LOL.

Seems like Rob gets bored of his cars easily. :dunno:

but anyways job well done guys :thumbsup:

DUBBED
12-15-2003, 05:56 PM
congrats... :thumbsup: Tunerworks = BIG :bigpimp:

EDIT: SECOND GEAR WOOHOO!!

B18C
12-15-2003, 06:22 PM
:thumbsup:

One of the most professional shops I've dealt with. They deserve the success.

4wheeldrift
12-15-2003, 06:26 PM
Congratulations, guys!

davidI
12-15-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by syeve

Since its a private company, you will find it very difficult to obtain any financials...good job Rob!!!

I know...that's why I asked! A PM would suffice and of course he has the option to tell me it's none of my business! It's just when you're studying business financials everyday you being to wonder about the sort of margins private corporations make!

/////AMG
12-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Congrats guys!

illeagle
12-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Whoot! whoot! Keep it up!:thumbsup:

Tuner1
12-15-2003, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the postive support everyone! We work hard to sell parts and keep everyone happy, but it isn't easy! We are looking forward to a good 2004 with our new website on the way and more cool goodies in stock ;) We are also starting a sponsorship deal for a few cars in the city...more details to follow.

Rob
www.tunerworks.com

ScCab
12-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by E36S50B32
We are also starting a sponsorship deal for a few cars in the city...more details to follow.

Rob
www.tunerworks.com

Can I give you my list now :D

Ben
12-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the postive support everyone! We work hard to sell parts and keep everyone happy, but it isn't easy! We are looking forward to a good 2004 with our new website on the way and more cool goodies in stock ;) We are also starting a sponsorship deal for a few cars in the city...more details to follow.

Rob
www.tunerworks.com

Outstanding article rob! You guys are the reason I keep coming back!

And hey, just a thought, there just aint enough nice MK2's done right in this city, wanna help a brother out? Would be one of the least expensive projects Im sure ;)

haha

Tunerworks Rules.

Cheers

2literv8eater
12-15-2003, 08:48 PM
cool

FiveFreshFish
12-15-2003, 08:50 PM
Good to see Tunerworks stay in the limelight. There have been articles on the shop before. :thumbsup:

bart
12-15-2003, 09:26 PM
ordered a special m3 engine from europe eh? for what, another couple of hp??????

umm ok.

i was there a couple of times, dont think i will go back, their $3mil comes from selling stuff for stupid amounts of money. $130 for bulbs??? $20 for a hub centering ring?

ya okkkkkkkkk.

maybe other stuff is cheap, but i wasn't looking for other stuff.

max_boost
12-15-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by bart
ordered a special m3 engine from europe eh? for what, another couple of hp??????

umm ok.

i was there a couple of times, dont think i will go back, their $3mil comes from selling stuff for stupid amounts of money. $130 for bulbs??? $20 for a hub centering ring?

ya okkkkkkkkk.

Actually quite a difference on the M3 motor.

US spec 240hp
Euro spec 321hp

bart
12-15-2003, 10:24 PM
oh the old m3? i thought the new ones...

well ok then. makes more sense now.

Seanith
12-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Actually quite a difference on the M3 motor.

US spec 240hp
Euro spec 321hp

I thought it was 321hp after "everything hes done to it" :dunno:
but yeah obviously its an e36

Tuner1
12-15-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

I thought it was 321hp after "everything hes done to it" :dunno:
but yeah obviously its an e36

This is getting a bit OT, but just to clarify...the Herald was a little off re. the M3 info. The US E36 M3 engines are 240hp and the Euro-spec I imported is 321hp. I have since upgraded it to ~335hp, but they didn't get into that in the article. Everyone can now rest easy :tongue:

Rob
www.tunerworks.com

WBB6
12-16-2003, 12:07 AM
Great Job TUNERWORKS! :thumbsup:

umm ok.

ya okkkkkkkkk.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I guess you can find a set of bulbs for ~$30/pair that will last you for about 1 month of decent lighting that have little or NO warranty....:thumbsup:

Aleks
12-16-2003, 12:18 AM
I've always had good service there buying stuff for my altima.

:burnout: Umm and you guys are welcome to do a Bluebird conversion for me...I could be the only SR20DET powered Altima in Canada :eek: :tongue: jp

pinoyhero
12-16-2003, 06:42 AM
That's awesome congrats to Rob and Co.

962 kid
12-16-2003, 09:23 AM

umm ok.

ya okkkkkkkkk.

I don't think you realize how expensive light bulbs can be, a single xenon bulb from an audi costs 3-400 dollars, so 130 is not really that pricey at all

great job Rob and crew

bart
12-16-2003, 12:16 PM
where are you buying your xenon bulbs from? dont tell me.... nah j/k

you can pickup probably philips bulbs for like $150 each, tops.

max_boost
12-16-2003, 12:29 PM
What bulbs did you buy? Unless they are selling you Eurolites Cheapo Xenons for $130, then I see why you are pissed haha

I think I paid around that for Koito's

m10-power
12-16-2003, 02:46 PM
Honestly you get what you pay for, why did you buy a VW when you could have got a Kia for less?

C4S
12-16-2003, 02:53 PM

umm ok.
ya okkkkkkkkk.maybe other stuff is cheap, but i wasn't looking for other stuff.

:werd:

Seem like there is a unhappy "Kia" owner ?? :rofl: :rofl: or a "canadian tire" ricer ? so go buy a high power muffler from Can tire to get 95 Hp increase !:rofl:

Since his "kia" or whatever car .. can never see the taillight from Rob M3, ... his M3 is damn fast ! :rofl: :rofl:

Weapon_R
12-16-2003, 03:17 PM

umm ok.

ya okkkkkkkkk.

I haven't read an article yet about them holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy them. You could have just as easily went to CDN tire if you were looking for $10 bulbs, and had to replace them every month or two. From what I remember, your bulbs came with a very decent warranty too.

kenny
12-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Lets all stop jumping on the "lets bash bart" bandwagon. This thread was meant to showcase one of our sponsors in the news and their success in the calgary auto market.

Ben
12-16-2003, 03:27 PM
What Tunerworks charges for their product is their perogative, and personal opinion, they have consistantly had the best pricing on all products I have looked into, even less than a VW specific competitor by a considerable margine.

Also, I am willing to pay a little extra if neccessary, knowing that the shop I am buying from will always have the prestige and respect associated with it as it was from Day One; not have to 'sell out' to the kids market providing undercar neon, R-acing steering wheel covers and washer LED's :rolleyes:

Cars are not Fisher Price Toys and Tunerworks is no Micky Mouse Operation.

Tuner1
12-16-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Lets all stop jumping on the "lets bash bart" bandwagon. This thread was meant to showcase one of our sponsors in the news and their success in the calgary auto market.

Thanks Kenny, let's keep it On Topic :) We appreciate everyones business on purchases both big and small.

Thanks,

Rob
www.tunerworks.com

Hollywood
12-16-2003, 04:24 PM
Rob is cool. Not fond of all the staff though. I don't see how the paper recognizes specialty car parts as a profitable business though.

Grats though for lasting this long and making money.

Tuner1
12-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
I don't see how the paper recognizes specialty car parts as a profitable business though.

Ha, ha neither am I :dunno: I guess the paper sort of goes in whatever direction the story takes them. It is a damn tough industry, but we intend to stick around!

Rob
www.tunerworks.com

Hollywood
12-17-2003, 09:59 AM

Ha, ha neither am I :dunno: I guess the paper sort of goes in whatever direction the story takes them. It is a damn tough industry, but we intend to stick around!

Rob
www.tunerworks.com

It's really respectable that you are doing well in this industry. Too many people shop around trying to low ball one store after another, saying "so and so can give it to me for this price can you beat it?" Not to mention ebay and the internet. Sometimes you have to buy things off the internet and such but shop loyalty is taking somewhat a dive here in Calgary.

Maxt
12-17-2003, 07:46 PM
You have to pay for those profile spots if I remember right....:drama: ....Maxt

Tuner1
12-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
You have to pay for those profile spots if I remember right....:drama: ....Maxt

You mean the feature in the Herald? If so, the answer is no. We didn't pay a cent, in any way, shape or form.

Regards,
Rob
www.tunerworks.com