PDA

View Full Version : SAIT Conditional Acceptance

bignerd
06-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Has anyone dealt with conditional acceptance to SAIT before?

I had to self declare some marks and am not sure my marks will be that high anymore.
I have been told and read many different things, from both SAIT and other people.

I have been told that they take your marks, give them to admissions and they review them and then can re-decide at that point...

Have been told that as long as you get the minimum required by the course you are golden...

And the conditional acceptance letter is a mix of the two...states that your conditional acceptance is based on information provided by you. All conditional offers will be verefied upon receipt of documentation. If you self declared your grades you must meet the following conditions:
Academic average remains at or above the min. required by the course
All courses successfully completed
All graduation requirements must be satisfied

Anyone else have any insight or experiences to share? I am concerned about two of my marks. Will they still let me into the program if I get the minimum and maybe allow me to take that course in the first semester in addition to school?

thanks

leftwing
06-18-2010, 03:23 PM
conditional accpetance is just sait accepting you based on on finishing your current courses with adequate marks. if your makrs slip below the required min, then they will drop you.

bignerd
06-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Even for ultra competitive programs?

Jim Rome99
06-18-2010, 05:19 PM
They just want money.

Cos
06-18-2010, 05:21 PM
All applicants are on a top to bottom list. Cut off is decided on that list. If your new marks drop you below someone else you lose your seat to them.