PDA

View Full Version : Making my own exotic with a 300zx as a donar

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

gretz
11-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
I will make a clean full widebody kit and take shortcuts in doing so.

1, I have a decent 3D model of my design

2, my third CNC machine will be even better then my first... as you can see it was pretty accurate.

So I'll make the kit panels in foam.

3, then going to vacuum form the panels in plastic

It all looks pretty simple and I hope to finish the car before the new year.

:

1- That doesn't look at all decent... lol @ clean full widebody, followed by you taking shortcuts... Have you learned nothing?

2- Your 3rd machine? You don't even have a working one... What is "pretty accurate"? Lets see that in motion lol...

3- By the looks of your cutting area, the size of parts you will be vacuum bagging will make your car look exactly like it is modeled > like shit

You hope to finish it in a month? lol > does that seem reasonable to you considering your progress?

Sugarphreak
11-22-2011, 01:22 PM
It all looks pretty simple and I hope to finish the car before the new year.

I am confused which car you are talking about? The 1:5 RC car, the civic or the Vigor?

Also a bit curious about the 1:5 RC car, isn't that going to be almost the size of a typical power-wheels toy? Who is your target customer for this car, also where are they going to use it?

How will it be powered? For that size you must be thinking to use a lead battery or other system, plus you will need to find an electric motor to make it work. Or is the plan to get your hands on a 2-stroke gas engine (from a lawnmower or something) and tweak that to work?

Hallowed_point
11-22-2011, 02:29 PM
I think this is quite possibly the most entertaining thread I've ever come across on beyond.ca --I really hope it's real and not a joke. :rofl:

gretz
11-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
I think this is quite possibly the most entertaining thread I've ever come across on beyond.ca --I really hope it's real and not a joke. :rofl:

yes and no for me... I hope its real for the lol's and I hope he's a master troll for his sake; and his parents, because if they have to listen to his dreams/goals/direction he is taking, while being an unemployed moocher, it would cause an unhealthy amount of stress

kvg
11-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Looking at his FB he went to my high school

Arash Boodagh
11-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Right on, we probably dreamed to be with the same school teachers :D

Originally posted by gretz

1- That doesn't look at all decent... lol @ clean full widebody, followed by you taking shortcuts... Have you learned nothing?

2- Your 3rd machine? You don't even have a working one... What is "pretty accurate"? Lets see that in motion lol...

Did you go out and buy one of those tile cutters to start your own machine? :P it does work but it has a design flaw... all I have to do is replace the round poles in the Z axis with 1.7cm squared aluminum bars that they sell at HomeDepot an it would work great... but I just want to make a large one now.

[B]
3- By the looks of your cutting area, the size of parts you will be vacuum bagging will make your car look exactly like it is modeled > like shit

You hope to finish it in a month? lol > does that seem reasonable to you considering your progress? The cutter area doesnt matter because the foam sections will be glued together to make a large panel. But again, the new larger machine will reduce these sections.
Watch I'll finish this new machine before the weekend.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I am confused which car you are talking about? The 1:5 RC car, the civic or the Vigor?
Ill carve an RC toy first because my friend wants it also, but probably wont make the toy to sell just yet unless I need more money to finish the Vigor... the one I want finished for the new year..

Also a bit curious about the 1:5 RC car, isn't that going to be almost the size of a typical power-wheels toy? Who is your target customer for this car, also where are they going to use it?

How will it be powered? For that size you must be thinking to use a lead battery or other system, plus you will need to find an electric motor to make it work. Or is the plan to get your hands on a 2-stroke gas engine (from a lawnmower or something) and tweak that to work? My end target market are young kids but any demographic here in downtown, seeing such a cool toy, will want to buy it for a kid they know.
Just as I will be driving it on the street sidewalk is where anyone could play with it.
The cars new shell will not be heavy and this toy donor I have has plenty of power.

kvg
11-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Right on, we probably dreamed to be with the same school teachers :D

Na, I left in 97 and I like girls, JK;)

gretz
11-22-2011, 10:05 PM

Did you go out and buy one of those tile cutters to start your own machine?

>>Where did this come from? I'm starting to think Toby was onto you lol...

The cutter area doesnt matter because the foam sections will be glued together to make a large panel. But again, the new larger machine will reduce these sections.

>You are clueless lol... you'd be better off joining the foam sections with shish kabob skewers...

Watch I'll finish this new machine before the weekend.

>I want a video showing it in action... Machine the "Beyond" logo and the date > should be extremely simple considering what you are trying to accomplish

Just as I will be driving it on the street sidewalk is where anyone could play with it.

>>Is this going to go down this weekend as well?

Keep up the good work:thumbsup:

xnvy
11-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Where is the new machine?
Perhaps you can take some inspiration from this? (http://jalopnik.com/5861064/four-door-mercedes-with-a-terrible-bugatti-veyron-body-kit-isnt-fooling-anyone?tag=lolcars)

Arash Boodagh
11-29-2011, 02:12 AM
If you think that Merc Veyron is cool, you'll also like this Mustang conversion kit.

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/attachments/general-kitcar-chat/18615d1322529142-new-kit-available-uses-1994-2012-mustang-donor-img_1897.jpg http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/attachments/general-kitcar-chat/18614d1322529037-new-kit-available-uses-1994-2012-mustang-donor-img_1864.jpg http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/attachments/general-kitcar-chat/18612d1322528620-new-kit-available-uses-1994-2012-mustang-donor-img_1872.jpg
Source : http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/general-kitcar-chat/15173-new-kit-available-uses-1994-2012-mustang-donor.html

The new machine is shaping up to look great... Im really excited to see it move that heavy ass router around soon. Tomorrow Ill post a picture when I get it standing.

Making it has been very easy but the process has been slow because I have a bad habit of staying up really late and I cant use the drill press and electric saw at nights.

edit - A jungle of parts... you can see the linear skate setup I have in the middle of the picture... it rolls back and forth very stiff with no flexing, which is perfect for CNC'n. I have the rest drilled and long threaded bolts ready to assemble tomorrow.

http://i40.tinypic.com/25iayjb.jpg

PartyintheKorea
12-01-2011, 02:57 AM
i hope you're not just as bad with tools as you are with photoshop :S

Arash Boodagh
12-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Im okay with tools but I havent been patient with drilling everything out accurately... but any set backs will just be a quick trip to HomeDepot for more materials.

Ive yet to do any work since the picture I took... but I did pickup another TV stand as shown on the right side of the picture above ... my family has two identical TV's that died and these stands will be great in making the Y supports solid.

Also I was backing up my files and found some of my concepts coloured in orange.
http://i42.tinypic.com/10gcgtz.jpg

ExtraSlow
12-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Doesn't look any better in orange. Try green.

sr20s14zenki
12-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Just a suggestion.....why dont you learn to weld, rent a welder, and make it out of scrap steel. Easier to make rigid.....all of that wood you are building shit out of, looks like a third world shanti.

2Legit2Quit
12-01-2011, 10:07 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lut30nPf8w1qln1wzo1_500.jpg

gretz
12-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Just a suggestion.....why dont you learn to weld, rent a welder, and make it out of scrap steel. Easier to make rigid.....all of that wood you are building shit out of, looks like a third world shanti.

Don't listen to him Arash... he knows nothing about welding / structure lol... You let Beyond down, we were supposed to see this thing in action already and you have 30 days to finish the kit (as per your deadline)

Sugarphreak
12-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Don't listen to him Arash... he knows nothing about welding / structure lol... You let Beyond down, we were supposed to see this thing in action already and you have 30 days to finish the kit (as per your deadline)

+1

With 30 days left as per your self-imposed deadline your work will be critical over the next month or so.

This will be your chance to show the world you can meet your deadlines and produce products on-time... a key part of marketing your products in the future!

Looking forward to the unveiling!

streethondas
12-01-2011, 08:15 PM
30days or ban!:whipped:

schurchill39
12-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Best. Troll. Ever.

Arash Boodagh
12-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Doesn't look any better in orange. Try green. :D

Just a suggestion.....why dont you learn to weld, rent a welder, and make it out of scrap steel. Easier to make rigid.....all of that wood you are building shit out of, looks like a third world shanti. No need to learn a new skill and try to afford new equipment when the aluminum ladder setup will be good enough for foam milling.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak With 30 days left as per your self-imposed deadline your work will be critical over the next month or so.
This will be your chance to show the world you can meet your deadlines and produce products on-time... a key part of marketing your products in the future!
Looking forward to the unveiling!

Originally posted by streethondas
30days or ban!:whipped: I was talking to Royal Bank today and loans are a $5k minimum but I would have to be working to get it... even if my dad co-signs. Unless my dad gets the loan himself for me, I may have to make and sell that RC car for profit so that I can buy a heater and generator needed in the vacuum panel process.

Currently I have 3 axises with the rollers fitted nice and snug and I did some renderings of luxury features (what some may call rice) that I'd like on the car.

http://i40.tinypic.com/25q65o4.jpg
Just like a remote starter, I want to hack a CNC motor, like the one I have which is really powerful, to open the door automatically with the push of a button as I approach it.

Actual door mod on Z
http://i43.tinypic.com/sy1co4.jpg

gretz
12-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Where is this video of the machine in motion?
How are you going to machine an R/C body for profit when none of your shit works?

Hack a CNC motor? CNC's only do what you tell them to do, I'm not sure why you have to "hack" it... although everything I've seen / heard from you has been a hack

Strider
12-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Guys, cut him some slack on the deadline.

From his latest render, he's clearly been doing some aerodynamic modelling

Arash Boodagh
12-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Where is this video of the machine in motion?
How are you going to machine an R/C body for profit when none of your shit works? A little trick to test for movement when making the axis is to put the end rod into a drill chuck and move it that way... which worked with my previous build.

Originally posted by gretz Hack a CNC motor? CNC's only do what you tell them to do, I'm not sure why you have to "hack" it... although everything I've seen / heard from you has been a hack I mean to connect (hack) the motors rotation into the doors gear mechanics.

gretz
12-02-2011, 03:29 PM
A little trick to test for movement when making the axis is to put the end rod into a drill chuck and move it that way... which worked with my previous build.

You don't need to teach me tricks... thanks though

I mean to connect (hack) the motors rotation into the doors gear mechanics.

hack = connect? lol Where's that vid??

Arash Boodagh
12-02-2011, 03:37 PM
That video is still in my head.

One problem I see already is if something like limbs get stuck while its closing... perhaps a wide limit switch on the edge of the door would fix that.
DIk7Bg1Feeg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIk7Bg1Feeg

gretz
12-02-2011, 03:49 PM
That video is still in my head.

You can't be THAT stupid can you? Your deadlines keep getting pushed back, your goals / designs keep changing (none have been successful) / and you have no understanding on what you are talking about...
lol none-the-less

great work

:thumbsup:

Your wife / girlfriend must be so thrilled with your entrepreneurship

Arash Boodagh
12-02-2011, 04:09 PM
There concepts... if I get a flood of Vigor kit sales, whole interiors, in dash computer and other special add-ons would have to be made.

gretz
12-02-2011, 04:40 PM
There concepts... if I get a flood of Vigor kit sales, whole interiors, in dash computer and other special add-ons would have to be made.

Arashi Vigor, coming 2060...

..*JDM Hatch*..
12-02-2011, 04:54 PM
I still wonder why people keep posting in this guy's thread.He is clearly a dumb ass who dosen't know what the hell is is trying to do. This "Project" aka bastardized 300zx thing is never going to get finished. If it does i would really be supprised,and the ending turn out will probably look like a 94 grand am with fuckin lambo doors and a turbo II front end with a J spoon wing to top it all off.

Word of advise to this guy,just stop! you are ruining a car that is already ugly enough as it is. IMO

chkolny541
12-02-2011, 05:04 PM
easy with the hate.

I, for one, look forward to his update pics:thumbsup:

Rat Fink
12-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Yes, please take it easy on him. I don't want him to leave this forum as I continue to look forward to his update pics as well.

Keep it up buddy!

acura_el
12-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Why does this have a Lexus logo?

Also you should do your doors like this:

IK56Ttte8Sw

e31
12-02-2011, 05:39 PM
I REALLY didn't want to bump this as I though it should have died MONTHS AGO. That being said, my sarcasm detector has been completely fried because of this single thread.

I find it really unfortunate that you people continually give this guy :thumbsup: or tell him to keep on truckin, etc. Anything that resembles positive reinforcement is only doing Arash a disservice. If you weren't on the internet, would you do the same to someone who may not fully understand what you are doing (ESL) or even comprehend (extra chromosome).

Arash, you're special. You shouldn't have to prove anything to anyone on here. You can continue to post your car drawings on your parents fridge, but other than that you should keep them to yourself.

Sugarphreak
12-03-2011, 12:13 AM
There concepts... if I get a flood of Vigor kit sales, whole interiors, in dash computer and other special add-ons would have to be made. I truly admire your unwavering positive attitude in the face of imminent and pretty much unavoidable failure Arash... you remind me of Froto from Lord of the Rings.

dj_rice
12-03-2011, 01:03 AM
VZ2HcRl4wSk

Kavy
12-03-2011, 01:16 AM
I truly admire your unwavering positive attitude in the face of imminent and pretty much unavoidable failure Arash... you remind me of Froto from Lord of the Rings.

Nice

colsankey
12-03-2011, 12:56 PM
I think he means Frodo?

Arash Boodagh
12-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the "you can do it" montage, this will be right up there in my best motivational clips, the Glengarry Glen Ross movie being one of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKzMd328bMw

Originally posted by ..*JDM Hatch*..
I still wonder why people keep posting in this guy's thread.He is clearly a dumb ass who dosen't know what the hell is is trying to do. This "Project" aka bastardized 300zx thing is never going to get finished. If it does i would really be supprised,and the ending turn out will probably look like a 94 grand am with fuckin lambo doors and a turbo II front end with a J spoon wing to top it all off.

Word of advise to this guy,just stop! you are ruining a car that is already ugly enough as it is. IMO
Mr.Expert where is the weakest link in my plans of building this supercar look alike?

Originally posted by chkolny541
I, for one, look forward to his update pics:thumbsup:
Originally posted by Rat Fink
Keep it up buddy!
:thumbsup:

Originally posted by acura_el
Why does this have a Lexus logo?

Also you should do your doors like this:

IK56Ttte8Sw
That door system looks hard to engineer but is neat... also the Lexus logo was left over because its the Lexus body fused with other designs.

Originally posted by e31
I REALLY didn't want to bump this as I though it should have died MONTHS AGO. That being said, my sarcasm detector has been completely fried because of this single thread.

I find it really unfortunate that you people continually give this guy :thumbsup: or tell him to keep on truckin, etc. Anything that resembles positive reinforcement is only doing Arash a disservice. If you weren't on the internet, would you do the same to someone who may not fully understand what you are doing (ESL) or even comprehend (extra chromosome).

Arash, you're special. You shouldn't have to prove anything to anyone on here. You can continue to post your car drawings on your parents fridge, but other than that you should keep them to yourself. Did you write all that to call me a retard in a few ways... I was just kidding about my ignore list btw.

I truly admire your unwavering positive attitude in the face of imminent and pretty much unavoidable failure Arash... you remind me of Froto from Lord of the Rings. Didnt see that movie, and Im too good to fail. :)

..*JDM Hatch*..
12-03-2011, 11:47 PM
im no expert per say,but you can plan whatever you want to do to this project. With that being said,your plans and trials are shit,there is no progress in anything,its just a bunch of trash laying all over. you cant get very far with anything on hopes and dreams. Try and actually start making an actual conversion kit out of fibre glass and then you will actually start with a base to work with. If you really want i can get you a shit load of raw stran fibre glass you can use to start with. but untill you start making a legit conversion this “project” is shit.

Sugarphreak
12-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by colsankey
I think he means Frodo? I am assuming it is one in the same, I hated that movie anyway.

Didnt see that movie, and Im too good to fail. :) haha, well don't bother with it, most of the movie is the Froto (or frodo?) guy dramatically trying to hike to moardoor and coming up against odds that are even far fetched for Hollywood. Honestly you are a little more upbeat, but I'd say you face similar levels of challenges.

Arash Boodagh
12-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by ..*JDM Hatch*..
im no expert per say,but you can plan whatever you want to do to this project. With that being said,your plans and trials are shit,there is no progress in anything,its just a bunch of trash laying all over. you cant get very far with anything on hopes and dreams. Try and actually start making an actual conversion kit out of fibre glass and then you will actually start with a base to work with. If you really want i can get you a shit load of raw stran fibre glass you can use to start with. but untill you start making a legit conversion this “project” is shit.
Making a CNC machine takes lots of calculations but its getting there fast.
If this kit catches popularity, I would like to franchise to different states and provinces. If you have access to cheap materials you can setup a kit making workshop and only send me royalties for every kit you clone and are able to profit from (~200). With no shipping included on every kit sale, local full body kits could be made for as cheap as $2000-$3000 to the end customer.
For now I will keep to making the first kits out of plastic.

I had to build the Z axis first so that I can position it in the middle of the table and then attach the standing Y axis supports.
http://i44.tinypic.com/xnzoli.jpg

Sugarphreak
12-04-2011, 12:11 PM
I can't figure out what is going on in that picture Arash... isn't a CNC machine supposed to have motors and a cutting apparatus? :dunno:

AndyL
12-04-2011, 12:19 PM
2x4 end plates, cutting board and tile cutter again? didn't you learn from your last failure? what's that 1/4"? 5/16" ready rod as a screw?

:clap: Go arash!

lilmira
12-04-2011, 12:23 PM
That looks like a machine that requires precision.

sr20s14zenki
12-04-2011, 12:28 PM
I could build a better setup in a day, with the correct bearings. I know a few machinists (ahem) that could machine me shafts to fit bearings, as well as valleys in some steel to use as guides for the bearings, to make a nice tight fit. The Gantry part would be easy. But why bother...we are buying a CNC Plasma table for the shop anyways, and for what you pay for it, it will pay itself off in a year guaranteed.

Hypertherm ht2000 power supply, dual gas, will cut 1 3/4" plate no problem.

Whatever, make everybody a believer, show a video when you actually get it going. At this rate however, you are making slower progress than calgary construction...:poosie:

AndyL
12-04-2011, 01:10 PM

I wont bump this thread until I make something cool to look at. :)

So... Where is something cool to look at?

and where is the ikea coffee table? C'mon you can make a cnc out of a pair of skates and an ikea coffee table - you say - so where's the damn coffee table? oh wait - let me guess? Those 2x4s were salvaged from one?

Arash Boodagh
12-05-2011, 05:18 AM
I can't figure out what is going on in that picture Arash... isn't a CNC machine supposed to have motors and a cutting apparatus? :dunno:

Originally posted by lilmira
That looks like a machine that requires precision. Its just the early stages of a master piece :)

Originally posted by AndyL
2x4 end plates, cutting board and tile cutter again? didn't you learn from your last failure? what's that 1/4"? 5/16" ready rod as a screw?

:clap: Go arash!

So... Where is something cool to look at?

and where is the ikea coffee table? C'mon you can make a cnc out of a pair of skates and an ikea coffee table - you say - so where's the damn coffee table? oh wait - let me guess? Those 2x4s were salvaged from one?
5/16 rods and thin mdf for the table, the difference being this design doesnt flex like the older ones.

I could build a better setup in a day, with the correct bearings. I know a few machinists (ahem) that could machine me shafts to fit bearings, as well as valleys in some steel to use as guides for the bearings, to make a nice tight fit. The Gantry part would be easy. But why bother...we are buying a CNC Plasma table for the shop anyways, and for what you pay for it, it will pay itself off in a year guaranteed.

Hypertherm ht2000 power supply, dual gas, will cut 1 3/4" plate no problem.

Whatever, make everybody a believer, show a video when you actually get it going. At this rate however, you are making slower progress than calgary construction...:poosie: You can make one easily but you'd probably charge a pretty penny for one too :D

Not that I need it, but I was thinking a thick threaded rod that is too thick to fit inside universal skate bearings can easily be circularly squared by four skate bearings to give the same effect.

Didnt do anything today, but seeing there wont be any obstacles in the way, I should have it finished soon.

Check that same CNC build thread for future updates.
http://forums.nicoclub.com/my-cnc-build-thread-testing-t546334.html

TomcoPDR
12-05-2011, 05:30 AM
Arash, are you still in school fulltime? How do you find the time to do all this?

Keep following your dreams, I just saw a TV documentary this weekend, people made fun of Steve Jobs when he dreamt of a thin "book" which is a computer; 30 years ago... they all thought he was crazy right. So you never know man.

legendboy
12-05-2011, 09:44 AM

Making a CNC machine takes lots of calculations but its getting there fast.
If this kit catches popularity, I would like to franchise to different states and provinces. If you have access to cheap materials you can setup a kit making workshop and only send me royalties for every kit you clone and are able to profit from (~200). With no shipping included on every kit sale, local full body kits could be made for as cheap as $2000-$3000 to the end customer.
For now I will keep to making the first kits out of plastic.

I had to build the Z axis first so that I can position it in the middle of the table and then attach the standing Y axis supports.

pretty rough looking

going to use a chinese ebay stepper kit and mach?

Arash Boodagh
12-06-2011, 07:30 AM
I ditched the old CNC and transferred parts over... I have top of line hobby stuff. ~350 oz-in motors and GeckoDrivers.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Arash, are you still in school fulltime? How do you find the time to do all this?

Keep following your dreams, I just saw a TV documentary this weekend, people made fun of Steve Jobs when he dreamt of a thin "book" which is a computer; 30 years ago... they all thought he was crazy right. So you never know man. Thanks, I dont go to school or work, Im basically a bum which will make any success all the sweeter. :D

I did bit of cleanup here, going to get lots of work in tomorrow.
http://i41.tinypic.com/16i5lhw.jpg

legendboy
12-06-2011, 11:15 AM
I ditched the old CNC and transferred parts over... I have top of line hobby stuff. ~350 oz-in motors and GeckoDrivers.

I wouldn't exactly call that top of the line hobby stuff, but proven and economical

gram
12-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Arash,

Why don't you just do what this guy has done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr84vYlKLpE&feature=related

It will take you a few hours to sand it properly but then you can stop making these CNC machines etc and just take a mold off your exotic and sell to the masses.

If you follow his videos it starts to take form very quickly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9v_mYAU_0g&feature=related

TaiChino
12-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by gram
Arash,

Why don't you just do what this guy has done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr84vYlKLpE&feature=related

It will take you a few hours to sand it properly but then you can stop making these CNC machines etc and just take a mold off your exotic and sell to the masses.

If you follow his videos it starts to take form very quickly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9v_mYAU_0g&feature=related

You know at first I thought this was a joke but this redneck actually surprised me.

gram
12-14-2011, 11:50 PM
Even the same car :nut:

Looks like Arash has some competition to deal with after watching this video. Show him who's boss Arash:bigpimp:

Arash Boodagh
12-15-2011, 09:03 AM
I actually tried expanding foam to design the bumper before... although it does work, it will never be as perfectly symmetrical as a CNC machine can achieve.

Incidentally a Ferrari Italia replica has surfaced in Mexico and it looks like they did a fantastic job of hand sculpting some really nice surfaces off of a low resolution foam base.

wvHwZXSzAbc&list

Myself Ive got the machine structure up 3 days ago but I havent put much work into it since.
Stupidly Ive been making the NSX concept in 3D all day today... who knows if it turns out great maybe the NSX guys might pay for it.
http://oi41.tinypic.com/b7gffk.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/ieiids.jpg

chkolny541
12-18-2011, 01:12 PM
updates!!!!!!??

Arash Boodagh
12-18-2011, 03:19 PM
None Im afraid, Ive been obsessively making the NSX in 3D and getting my video game car model rippers in order.
I should have the NSX to show you guys later today.

Edit - just a preview of the making
Im thinking of making the "Avengers!" Acura concept into an RC car to sell.
http://i43.tinypic.com/24ctmy0.jpg

Edit 2

Im still not sure about making my first RC an NSX yet, I think it looks good but I'll need to think about it.

http://i40.tinypic.com/29wsa9x.jpg

eCpAg0a8ydYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCpAg0a8ydY

http://i42.tinypic.com/2m5zbcy.jpg

Edit 4
Its nice to finally render my 3D's
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/409741_184595431637415_100002608777413_343496_1021933938_n.jpg

Edit 5 Jan 4 3am, my newest design!
http://i43.tinypic.com/im195f.jpg

gretz
01-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Updates? You didn't come remotely close to any of your set goals or deadlines... Whats next?

How do you model those cars to look like such pcs of shit?

clem24
01-10-2012, 11:20 AM
So.... Is that still a 300ZX under there? :dunno:

Arash Boodagh
01-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Not yet but Im pretty confident it should fit.
Updates? You didn't come remotely close to any of your set goals or deadlines... Whats next?

How do you model those cars to look like such pcs of shit? Ive only made that new design and havent worked on the CNC really which is what needs to be finished next.

Lets see your 3D models.

gretz
01-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Not yet but Im pretty confident it should fit. Ive only made that new design and havent worked on the CNC really which is what needs to be finished next.

Lets see your 3D models.

You haven't managed to finish anything yet lol...

I could draw an Extruded 2D sketch with a variable edge fillet that would look better than that lol...

Graham_A_M
01-10-2012, 05:24 PM
This thread has been a good laugh. :rofl:

wow thanks, I needed this after work today. :rofl:

bourge73
01-10-2012, 05:51 PM
I double dog dare you haha

sr20s14zenki
01-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Show him how its done Jeremy.

and come get this template....asshole...:poosie:

NRGie
01-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Wait I thought you were making a super car version of a fairlady... Wtf is this rc car shit?

This is the same arash out of BC right? I Haven't been keeping up withthe thread

Scat E46
01-10-2012, 06:46 PM
I thought you're building a car, not machines with R/C cars?

This is just horrible.

I wish you could go on the dragons den and ask for money and have kevin to tell you that you're wasting your life.

Arash Boodagh
01-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Yes this is Arash from B.C., I have run out of savings so I need to raise up a bit of money by making and selling car toys first.

In the following thread I posted most of my concepts and prototypes over the years. Im also looking for anyone interested in making my design on other donors.
http://www.cardesignersandbuilders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46&p=186#p186

Graham_A_M
01-10-2012, 09:10 PM
^ lmao, this just gets better and better

Disoblige
01-10-2012, 09:16 PM
I have run out of savings so I need to raise up a bit of money by making and selling car toys first.[/url]
I'm glad you're finally thinking clearly.

duaner
01-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

I'm glad you're finally thinking clearly.
I lol'd.

G-ZUS
01-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Crack is one hell of a drug

Sugarphreak
01-12-2012, 01:48 PM
I've just noticed that you have gone completely bald since you started Arash!

http://i.imgur.com/ZoywW.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/50nseg.jpg

This designing stuff is really taking a toll on you!

e31
01-12-2012, 02:28 PM
^ Living a life of repeated failure can do that to a person...

D'z Nutz
01-12-2012, 03:17 PM
I've just noticed that you have gone completely bald since you started Arash!

This designing stuff is really taking a toll on you!

Progression of this thread:

-Body kit for 300zx
-to CNC Machine
-to RC Cars

-to wigs for cancer patients

Arash Boodagh
01-12-2012, 05:28 PM
When I take a break from CNC work, its so much harder to jump back into it again. Im going to set a 5 day completion goal to finish it.
Look how big it is!
http://i.imgur.com/w8rRJ.jpg

On another note, medicine is another passion I picked up while reading into politics... the following is from a conversation I was having with a doctor at a private computer forum I go to. Ive made another cancer guide before on the internetz, but I'll call this one version two with my new controversial findings.

Arash Boodagh's new cancer prevention and recommendations (v2)
The following is from a conversation I was having with a doctor in a computer forum.

I had the Nicolson video under the Alan Cantwell one, now this Nicolson guy has actually found Mycoplasma bacteria in many of the gulf war vets that have mysteriously come under chronic disease, in the thousands!... and a good percentage of them are even passing on these diseases to their family and kids.
http://gulfwarvets.com/image/whcfig3.gif

This guy has published ~500 medical and scientific journals and is very respected, specially for treating many of these vets. Using the best of equipment his findings are that Mycoplasma has been genetically engineered in a lab.

Mycoplasma - Prof Garth Nicolson http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5412136843859172148

I think basically bacteria diseases have been released to the public and I guess ones with compromised immune systems (due to poor diet or environment) are left with a chronic disease as the bacteria flourishes by injecting its DNA into cells and taking them over. I would guess some disease need special antibiotics to get rid of, but I think the conspiracy with big pharma is that the systems goal is to relieve diseases with drugs and profit rather then treat the bacteria and cure.

Another combining reason could be world population decrease.

One other thing about Professor Nicolson is that he is a real respected doctor and whats crazy is that in that video he says his boss at one time was shot in the back of the head and murdered, probably due to his discoveries.

With the Cantwell doctor video, I dont have any medical education to know where he is wrong, but there is a summery of one of his books and he traces traces AIDS back to late 70's hepatitis vaccines which gay males got since they contracted STDs easily... through anal sex I can imagine.

http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm?channelid=132&contentid=8936&page=2

I'll be checking out that movie if I can find it and my conspiracy alert will be on high since its an HBO Hollywood one.

This link is on an AIDs forum where people are talking about Mycoplasma being the cause.

Mycoplasma a MUCH better "HIV" than "HIV"? http://forums.questioningaids.com/showthread.php?t=7539

My conclusions are that you get cancer or disease when "bugs\bacteria" crawl into your system and feed on your cells... the other being by nuclear radiation which kills the cells. Bacteria causing cancer is real in HPV and the stomach virus you mentioned, so yeah its not far fetched if something is getting into other parts of the body to do this.

http://www.picturesofscabies.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/scabies-mite.jpg
With the scabies mite, its basically invisible to the eye but it can crawl two inches every minute on your skin. Its very easy to catch it from someone if your touching their hand or body for like even 10 minutes. video [there is also a longer version on YouTube I believe.] http://videos.howstuffworks.com/animal-planet/41043-monsters-inside-me-scabies-mites-and-the-itch-video.htm

These such small mindless critters roam your body until they find folds in your skin, they hang around their to find the opposite sex. So when a male and female meet, they copulate and the female borrows into the skin to hatch eggs and feed off the body.

Now the immune system cant do shit for this, but natural remedies do exist, the best being "Clove Oil" [should be used with caution] from the the buds of a Clove tree. When applied in a 80% mixture to the skin, all mites and even eggs I think die in 15 minutes no matter what strain of scabies as some are immune to the latest unhealthy synthetic drugs in the market.

So I think just as things like Lime disease [contracted through ticks and intercourse from an infected person (another industry ignored profit driven disease)] need to be wiped out with long term (even years) of antibiotics, the same may be needed with cancers and a myriad of diseases.

Finding that herbal key is what the cure is, and I think our rulers have made things difficult by engineering many bacteria to work against us.

In Iran a herbal drug IMOD is boosting the immune system, specially successful for HIV patients because it wont let them reach the AIDS stage!

From my last reading it's going to be tried in Malaysia next.. I dont know why its not being readily available to the world at large yet.. maybe harvesting the local herb and producing it is hard now but my conspiracy theory is that perhaps big pharma would get it and engineer a more evasive immune attacking bacteria.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdqx1m1oS1k

This is a very good webpage that goes into detail with Cantwells and other related theories of cancer causing bacteria.
http://www.new-cancer-treatments.org/Theory/CancerTheory.html

---

Dr Alan Cantwell, M.D. -The Cancer Microbe and the Russell Body
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSst-APMmzA

Edit
A new doctor has been brought to my attention, a must see!
Cancer The Raw Truth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1sIC9ZqR-8

If anyone would like to talk about these theories, start a thread in the medical section so that this thread stays a kit thread... I just wanted to share this.

big A
01-12-2012, 07:13 PM
What did I miss.

I clicked on this thread a year and a half ago because I was hungry for a donair but the build thread looked uninteresting to me so I haven't been back since.

Now this guy calls a k'nex set with a router duct taped to it a CNC.

I mean he posts his pic up and doesn't really look like someone who should be getting on a school bus with a bunch of other kids, all wearing hockey helmets :dunno: .
He just keeps posting on beyond as if he doesn't read or care what we say.

acura_el
01-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Wow. What just happened here?

J-hop
01-12-2012, 07:33 PM

If anyone would like to talk about these theories, start a thread in the medical section so that this thread stays a kit thread... I just wanted to share this.

.....the eff???? do some reading on protein folding, might give you some insight.

Although I never discourage learning, I discourage people drawing conclusions with minimal knowledge and data, that is how all these conspiracy theories, doomsday predictions etc etc come about. Someone with no knowledge of a subject misconstrues what someone in the field says (or finds the biggest wack job in that field to follow) and then runs with it and it snowballs.

To be honest I really commended your ability to disregard all the negative feed back you've been getting and press on with your dream. But sometimes you have to think before posts such as this one which are going to set you up for huge public ridicule.

Idiot Stick
01-12-2012, 07:43 PM
You haven't completed putting your mirror up on the wall, how do you expect to complete a full out kit car?

Palmiros
01-13-2012, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Idiot Stick
You haven't completed putting your mirror up on the wall, how do you expect to complete a full out kit car?

Ain't Arash to do it

Ukyo8
01-13-2012, 09:40 AM
This has got to be the ultimate troll

Skyline_Addict
01-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Arash is an MD now.

Sugarphreak
01-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
Arash is an MD now.

He could probably adapt that CNC machine for medical purposes

Skyline_Addict
01-13-2012, 11:24 AM
When he was a child, Arash's dad told him he could be whatever he wants to be when he grows up - he obviously took that too literally.

big A
01-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Has anyone else been as bored as me and read this?

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-311931.html

legendboy
01-13-2012, 04:27 PM
When I take a break from CNC work, its so much harder to jump back into it again. Im going to set a 5 day completion goal to finish it.
Look how big it is!
http://i.imgur.com/w8rRJ.jpg

Looks like a very solid well though out design. Can't wait too see some sweet machined parts off that beast

WhippWhapp
01-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Computer Numerical Control, I must be missing something? :dunno:

J-hop
01-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by big A

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-311931.html

Bahaha, so basically he is saying the key to avoiding cancer is to eat and live healthy. Do that and you'll never get cancer...go tell that to Lance Armstrong... then to prove your point beat him in a bike race to show him how much more healthy your lifestyle is.

Edit: that really pisses me off that he says doctors are trained by "the system" and are thus ignorant to facts that are hidden by the government. Who the hell do you think figured all that stuff out in the beginning, that's right, the exact same people that "are being shielded from the truth" you think a PhD bio medical engineer etc can't figure that stuff out for themselves??? What do think everything there is to know about medicine was given to a select few in this world who govern us and disperse information as they see fit. Basically he is saying a doctor/scientist will never know anything beyond what their profs/textbooks told them and that no new breakthroughs will ever be made.

What a crock of shit, arashi, please for your own sake and the sanity of the rest of us, stick to what you are good at, whatever the hell that is???

xnvy
01-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by big A

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-311931.html The fact that he recommends to set up a Faraday cage INSIDE an apartment is just utter stupidity.

95teetee
01-14-2012, 09:11 AM

He could probably adapt that CNC machine for medical purposes fuck yeah- plastic (cutting board) surgery and body sculpting FTMFW:thumbsup:

AndyL
01-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Man I love that pic arash are you understanding my comment about the aluminum ladder not being suitable now? Your having to hold it vertical, the z axis is sitting at about 30deg, and your still using your flexing router mount....

Would you smarten up? Go to home depot, find some perforated angle... its steel angle, with holes punched every inch, much like the contraptor... a garage door dealer could set you up with some nice 1 1/4" x 1/8" material... suitable singly for a 24" machine - doubled up in a T for 5-6'... cuts easy with a grinder or hack saw, and so much better than a repurposed ladder...just make sure you get the bigger stuff that 1/2 x 20ga won't work...

Can I suggest you go here?
http://vancouver.hackspace.ca/wp/

gretz
01-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Your having to hold it vertical, the z axis is sitting at about 30deg, and your still using your flexing router mount....

He programmed thr router to sit at that angle... live tooling FTW...

He should also get a cordless drill, mounted across from a tailstock > 5 axis with rotary capabilities... Why did we just get this Okuma, when we could have gone with Arashi arts

:banghead:

Can't wait for tomorrow when he gives us a sample video (likely a number of wicked "reasons" why it not done) of this badboy in motion...

duaner
01-16-2012, 05:03 PM
In Iran a herbal drug IMOD is boosting the immune system, specially successful for HIV patients because it wont let them reach the AIDS stage!
Hmmm...iMod from iRan to prevent bugs and viruses!? Sounds like some Apple conspiracy to me.

Graham_A_M
01-16-2012, 05:25 PM

He programmed thr router to sit at that angle... live tooling FTW...

He should also get a cordless drill, mounted across from a tailstock > 5 axis with rotary capabilities... Why did we just get this Okuma, when we could have gone with Arashi arts

:banghead:

Can't wait for tomorrow when he gives us a sample video (likely a number of wicked "reasons" why it not done) of this badboy in motion...

I was just thinking this the last time I checked this thread. Why pay $250k (used) for a 9 axis Okuma Macturn (etc) when you get get results down to +/- 1" accuracy with this bad boy?
:clap:

I should show this thread to the CNC machinists at my work, they'd have a good laugh.

gretz
01-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Hey Arash, whats the good word?

Sugarphreak
01-20-2012, 08:55 AM
The deadlines have passed again right?

Arash Boodagh
01-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Sorry to disappoint guys, Ive had the place to myself these past weeks so I took a nice long break.... although Im basically a sit at home bum anyway, its been nice.
So I'll start up the CNC work soon and I also did some designing for the rear end which I'll post a preview of in the next hour.

My medical comments in blue font

Originally posted by big A What did I miss.

I clicked on this thread a year and a half ago because I was hungry for a donair but the build thread looked uninteresting to me so I haven't been back since.

Now this guy calls a k'nex set with a router duct taped to it a CNC.

I mean he posts his pic up and doesn't really look like someone who should be getting on a school bus with a bunch of other kids, all wearing hockey helmets :dunno: .
He just keeps posting on beyond as if he doesn't read or care what we say. Yes Im crazy like that.

Originally posted by J-hop
.....the eff???? do some reading on protein folding, might give you some insight.

Although I never discourage learning, I discourage people drawing conclusions with minimal knowledge and data, that is how all these conspiracy theories, doomsday predictions etc etc come about. Someone with no knowledge of a subject misconstrues what someone in the field says (or finds the biggest wack job in that field to follow) and then runs with it and it snowballs.

To be honest I really commended your ability to disregard all the negative feed back you've been getting and press on with your dream. But sometimes you have to think before posts such as this one which are going to set you up for huge public ridicule.
Protein folding sounds interesting, I'll look it up sometime but you cant exclude bacteria all together... one doctors Alzheimer's diagnoses could be another doctors syphilis family bacterium findings.

Im not saying people should go inject themselves with antibiotics... there are expensive tests to look for certain things and I bet most problems arise from vitamin and mineral deficiency... but you cant at the same time believe what the mainstream medical community has set in stone.
Watch this documentary and explain why the government is trying to shutdown the doctor in the video.
Dr Burzynski, the movie. (on YouTube)

Originally posted by J-hop
Bahaha, so basically he is saying the key to avoiding cancer is to eat and live healthy. Do that and you'll never get cancer...go tell that to Lance Armstrong... then to prove your point beat him in a bike race to show him how much more healthy your lifestyle is.

Edit: that really pisses me off that he says doctors are trained by "the system" and are thus ignorant to facts that are hidden by the government. Who the hell do you think figured all that stuff out in the beginning, that's right, the exact same people that "are being shielded from the truth" you think a PhD bio medical engineer etc can't figure that stuff out for themselves??? What do think everything there is to know about medicine was given to a select few in this world who govern us and disperse information as they see fit. Basically he is saying a doctor/scientist will never know anything beyond what their profs/textbooks told them and that no new breakthroughs will ever be made.

What a crock of shit, arashi, please for your own sake and the sanity of the rest of us, stick to what you are good at, whatever the hell that is??? So when a very respected medical doctor (who has been awarded high honours from the US marine special forces), sspeaks out and says gulf vets have been experimented on with germs made in a lab and those germs are loose to the public... we can sweep that under the rug and just call it a conspiracy?

Originally posted by xnvy
The fact that he recommends to set up a Faraday cage INSIDE an apartment is just utter stupidity. Some humans are biologically more sensitive to wireless waves as their heart rate goes up and some break out in hives. At night time when the body is at rest for 8 hours and doing internal repairs... a Faraday cage would make sure no electro magnetic radiation is impeding cellular activity.

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
Arash is an MD now. From paper mache designer to medical expert in only a few years, thanks internet :thumbsup:

Originally posted by legendboy
Looks like a very solid well though out design. Can't wait too see some sweet machined parts off that beast :) The rolling mechanics were planned out well I think, but lots of it was improvised, specially the TV stands which really is at the heart of the gantry structures base.

Originally posted by WhippWhapp
Computer Numerical Control, I must be missing something? :dunno: The electronics are off screen.

Man I love that pic arash are you understanding my comment about the aluminum ladder not being suitable now? Your having to hold it vertical, the z axis is sitting at about 30deg, and your still using your flexing router mount....

Would you smarten up? Go to home depot, find some perforated angle... its steel angle, with holes punched every inch, much like the contraptor... a garage door dealer could set you up with some nice 1 1/4" x 1/8" material... suitable singly for a 24" machine - doubled up in a T for 5-6'... cuts easy with a grinder or hack saw, and so much better than a repurposed ladder...just make sure you get the bigger stuff that 1/2 x 20ga won't work...

Can I suggest you go here?
http://vancouver.hackspace.ca/wp/ The drill bit at the end of the router is straight luckily, and since Im cutting foam I dont think Ill need to worry about the plastic router mount flexing too much.
I like your material making ideas but Im confident it will work and I have no money to buy anything else anyway.

gretz
01-20-2012, 05:36 PM

I like your material making ideas but Im confident it will work and I have no money to buy anything else anyway.

End thread?...

Not complete
no funds to complete
no way to accumulate more funds as the cnc is non functional

Arash Boodagh
01-20-2012, 06:28 PM
I dont need money to complete it, I have all the parts... but I'll post any major updates I do and keep updating that CNC thread for small updates.
http://forums.nicoclub.com/my-cnc-build-thread-testing-t546334.html

This may be the new rear design... I want to make it as exotic as possible and of course the kit doubling as a Lexus replica idea is dumped.

http://i.imgur.com/mnts0.jpg

triplep
01-20-2012, 07:24 PM
I am confused....

How are the cars staying up with no wheels? Did you invent some kind of anti-gravity device?