PDA

View Full Version : Never use Searail company to move your car

QGX
06-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi,Guys,
I just remind you that you don't use Searail company to transfer your car.
I had a nightmare with this terrible company when I moved to Calgary from Toronto. I don't want to describe the detail, but I must say I will never never never use this stupid company again.
The price they offer seems cheaper than other company. However,you have to pay much more price for the trouble they made in the end.
Be careful !!! Never use this stupid company.

FraserB
06-19-2010, 04:12 PM
You do realize you can't post something like this and not give a description of the problem right?

max_boost
06-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Next time, just hire Team_Mclaren to drive it across the country for you lol

dj_rice
06-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Next time, just hire Team_Mclaren to drive it across the country for you lol

Link?

Jeremiah
06-20-2010, 09:56 AM
HAI GUYS! I can't give you details but never use Preparation H on an open wound or kiss my as

Mibz
06-20-2010, 10:05 AM
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/uploads/avatars/20100111_134648_kent_brockman.jpg

Tonight! A certain brand of soft drink has been found to be lethal. We won't tell you which one until News at 11!

5G_celica
06-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by QGX
Hi,Guys,
I just remind you that you don't use Searail company to transfer your car.
I had a nightmare with this terrible company when I moved to Calgary from Toronto. I don't want to describe the detail, but I must say I will never never never use this stupid company again.
The price they offer seems cheaper than other company. However,you have to pay much more price for the trouble they made in the end.
Be careful !!! Never use this stupid company.

you seem like an outstanding guy.. I'll just take you word on it.. :nut: :nut:

I've used searail before and didn't have a single problem

so so far in my mind it's searail 1 and QGX 0

black13
06-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/uploads/avatars/20100111_134648_kent_brockman.jpg

Tonight! A certain brand of soft drink has been found to be lethal. We won't tell you which one until News at 11!

:rofl:

FraserB
06-20-2010, 10:25 AM
After the PM saying he doesnt have to explain himself, I agree with 5G.

Searail 1

QGX 0

BlackArcher101
06-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Case of disgruntled ex-employee badmouthing his employer?

2EFNFAST
06-20-2010, 01:46 PM
I've heard nothing but bad things about Searail myself...for example, your car will almost certainly be broken into in their lot, but as long as you don't have any valuables in it they'll leave it alone.

revelations
06-20-2010, 02:23 PM
OP... if you want to do this right, read another thread about SeaRail posted here in 2004

BTW this thread came up #1 on a google search for SeaRail and BBB...so clearly you didnt do your homework before embarking on something that significant.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=39802

bignerd
06-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Had no serious issues with them when I used them, except whoever unloaded my car from the truck had very dirty pants/clothes on-was a brand new car and dirty inside. Took a long time but wasn't in a hurry.

Second time around used a private trucking company. Was faster and would rather go this route again.

rc2002
06-21-2010, 12:06 PM
I shipped with searail before when I sold my car. The buyer didn't complain about the condition or delivery time on the vehicle.

heavyD
06-21-2010, 12:16 PM
OP should have searched beyond 'any date' for 'searail'. They fucked me over for $1500 for breaking the spoiler on my Eclipse in freight. It was obvious they did it as the fiberglass flakes were all over and fresh white and the damage was not checked off when delivered to them. When I signed off I noted the damage on their paperwork and the guy in the SE depot assured me to get them estimates and they would take care of it. When I did they came back and said I was SOL because it falls under their 'minor scratches' clause. A broken spoiler and scratch down the side of the vehicle?

The owner in Vancouver is a little bitch also as he taunted me over the phone (laughed & told me to sue him as it would cost more than the repairs) so when I told him I was going to hop on a plane to visit him he had Vancouver police call me and tell me not to come lol.

bituerbo
06-21-2010, 12:36 PM
They were very 'meh' with me too. I found some very light rust spots from some sort of chemical spray... hardly noticible but they gave me the runaround saying it was the train company that's repsponsible for that and not them, they just load/unload.

When I asked for the "train company's" info I got hung up on.

Drive it. It's your best option.

2EFNFAST
06-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
They were very 'meh' with me too. I found some very light rust spots from some sort of chemical spray... hardly noticible but they gave me the runaround saying it was the train company that's repsponsible for that and not them, they just load/unload.

When I asked for the "train company's" info I got hung up on.

Drive it. It's your best option.

That's raildust. Should clay off, or at worst, a decontamination wash-down (kinda like the new-car prep a dealership does)

heavyD
06-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

That's raildust. Should clay off, or at worst, a decontamination wash-down (kinda like the new-car prep a dealership does)

Yeah even new cars can have rail dust from transport.

TurboMedic
06-21-2010, 03:37 PM
I had no problem with sea rail other than a half day delay in getting my truck, and not being able to update me on transport progress (like tracking a parcel), it was good...... and cheap, $700 from montreal to here

needsawhip
06-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Searail = Big Fail

They double charged me due to the fact that my car was to low, Which I would not have had a problem with if they took off my front bumper + exhaust to justify the higher price.

Although they did infact remove my front bumper + exhaust, But not in the manner that would involve tools. Looks like they charged me extra for taking the time out of there day to wreck my car.

Thanxx searail your the bestest. lol.

wintonyk
06-21-2010, 04:06 PM
i had a great experience with searail. Shipping from halifax to calgary.

Arrived 2 days early not a scratch on her. I even hid shit in the car so i would have to pack it on the plane. Sounds like its all hit and miss.

I watched them drive it onto the train, which was certainly a comfort. It was a train full of Audi + my mr2

inline6turbo
06-21-2010, 04:43 PM
I've shipped all my imported cars through them. So far no issues and all have been great services. Sorry you had a bad break.

funkytuqe
06-22-2010, 10:47 AM
I have had 2 cars transported by SeaRail from Vancouver to Calgary. The First, had the front end smashed in (which they payed for in the end). With the second car, there was a Mix-up and i go the wrong car, someone else got mine, problem was corrected but man what a pain in the ass.

A big thumbs down for Searail!!! I would never use them again.:thumbsdow

syeve
09-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Getting a truck shipped from Manitoba, if not searail, whom shall I use?

T-Dubbs
09-03-2010, 11:01 AM
i shipped a car from Calgary to Toronto via searail..
never had an issue

heavyD
09-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by T-Dubbs
i shipped a car from Calgary to Toronto via searail..
never had an issue

Obviously they don't damage every vehicle they transport. However the odds are that they will damage your car more than other transport services such as Hansen's but you get what you pay for. As a business you can save money by using them and since you aren't emotionally attached (since you don't plan on owning) can live with some scrapes or damage.

If you really, really love your car you shouldn't risk it. Sure you may have your car shipped with no damage but you may end up like myself and many others that are stuck with damaged cars and having to pay out of pocket to get repaired.

derpderp
09-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
HAI GUYS! I can't give you details but never use Preparation H on an open wound or kiss my as

*takes a note*

inline6turbo
09-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Searails picking up another one of my cars in a couple days, if anything beyond a completely effortless transaction takes place I'll let you know, but I'm certain all will be fine :thumbsup:

sputnik
09-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo
I've shipped all my imported cars through them. So far no issues and all have been great services. Sorry you had a bad break.

Thats because most Japanese imports are beat to begin with.

inline6turbo
09-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Thats because most Japanese imports are beat to begin with.

I'm sorry to hear your car's a junker

On the other hand, every single one of my cars has been mint upon the date of purchase and mint when they arrived! But you can't stop the other comanies from importing garbage, just like kijiji, half is junk, you just have to find the good ones.